HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

anson carter to montreal? how?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2003, 02:53 PM
  #1
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
anson carter to montreal? how?

id love to see anson carter in a habs uniform..what would it take?the hab fans would love him...id give up perreault and ryder

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 02:58 PM
  #2
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
id love to see anson carter in a habs uniform..what would it take?the hab fans would love him...id give up perreault and ryder
why???

I doubt they'd have much interest in Perreault (having enough centers, especially for the top 6 type)... but Ryder should definitely get some interest from them... add a dman - Hainsey or Souray, and I don't see the Rangers not moving him??

Carter isn't the most popular guy right now there anyways... his trade value although still good, can't be all that high.

NFITO is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 03:03 PM
  #3
pepchew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
id love to see anson carter in a habs uniform..what would it take?the hab fans would love him...id give up perreault and ryder

You've got to give to get, but I'm not ready to part with Ryder. Not for a guy who is around 30, making big bucks and not producing. The young man has shown that he deserves a chance, and Montreal fans deserve to see some of their prospects given a chance. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Carter. Any chance NY could use a diminutive right winger with lots of NHL experience?

pepchew is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 03:07 PM
  #4
USC Trojans
AD
 
USC Trojans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA Oiler fan
Posts: 11,674
vCash: 500
My prediction...Carter will continue the chain and be traded to Dallas.

Arnott to Guerin to Carter to Dvorak.

USC Trojans is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 03:11 PM
  #5
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
the habs have very few players the rangers want

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 03:16 PM
  #6
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
What about Perezhogin? Could he interest the Rangers?

gohabsgo2010 is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 03:34 PM
  #7
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
why???

I doubt they'd have much interest in Perreault (having enough centers, especially for the top 6 type)... but Ryder should definitely get some interest from them... add a dman - Hainsey or Souray, and I don't see the Rangers not moving him??

Carter isn't the most popular guy right now there anyways... his trade value although still good, can't be all that high.

well ...habs suck rangers arent any better....a lil mix up could do them good plus the habs need size

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 03:45 PM
  #8
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
well ...habs suck rangers arent any better....a lil mix up could do them good plus the habs need size
you're right a little mix up could do them both good...

but I wouldn't put too much stock into the size thing... just because a player has size doesn't mean he actually uses it... and Carter is one of those players... he's not soft, but he sure isn't a power forward - or close to it...

but does it really make sense to pick up a $3mill streaky right winger who's on a 1year deal??

with the average age of the Habs right now, I don't see Carter as being the right player for that mix.

NFITO is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 06:11 PM
  #9
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
you're right a little mix up could do them both good...

but I wouldn't put too much stock into the size thing... just because a player has size doesn't mean he actually uses it... and Carter is one of those players... he's not soft, but he sure isn't a power forward - or close to it...

but does it really make sense to pick up a $3mill streaky right winger who's on a 1year deal??

with the average age of the Habs right now, I don't see Carter as being the right player for that mix.

yeah but they dont give up alot for him and he is always moving and creating something on the ice...and by the way i dont think ryder is the real deal...he has heart but certainly is not the habs answer to bringing back any winning ways....someone like carter can brink a lil life to this very dull team.

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM
  #10
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
To get carter.....start with Komo or Hainsley, NYR need defense.
Who is this "Hainsley" you are talking about. Is he a good prospect?

Sorry I am bored, and I have seen this mistake many times on the boards.

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 06:48 PM
  #11
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
id love to see anson carter in a habs uniform..what would it take?the hab fans would love him...id give up perreault and ryder

The Rangers have no interest in Perreault.

Here's my counter offer:

To MON: Anson Carter

To NYR: Niklas Sundstrom and Ron Hainsey or Sheldon Souray


OR

To MON: Anson Carter, Tom Poti

To NYR: Jason Ward, Mike Komisarek

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 06:59 PM
  #12
Jon Burke
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
What about Perezhogin? Could he interest the Rangers?
One has to be careful about overrating prospect's value, but I don't think I'd move Perezhogin for Carter. I think that Perezhogin has a nice future as a NHLer and I think that the Habs would be better served in the long run to keep him and try and use other assets to obtain Carter.

I don't think that the Habs would be wise to move Ryder at this point. He's young, quick and hard-working, plus he has an inexpensive salary and pretty good upside, IMO. So, I think his trade value is pretty high and that he is just too valuable to the Habs for them to move him. Maybe I overrate him, but he put up huge numbers in junior, so the skills are there.

That said, Perreault isn't good enough to get Carter. Something else has to be added. But I sure wouldn't add a solid young third liner with good upside to the package.

 
Old
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
  #13
Jon Burke
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

To MON: Anson Carter, Tom Poti

To NYR: Jason Ward, Mike Komisarek
The Habs hold Komarisek in too high of regard to do that. Sure, they need scoring and Poti and Carter help there, but I doubt that they'd be willing to surrender Komarisek as the centerpiece of a deal for them. If they were to trade Komarisek (and that's highly unlikely IMO), they'd probably ship him off to get a big name player to skate with Koivu.

 
Old
11-04-2003, 08:23 PM
  #14
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
The Rangers have no interest in Perreault.

Here's my counter offer:

To MON: Anson Carter

To NYR: Niklas Sundstrom and Ron Hainsey or Sheldon Souray


OR

To MON: Anson Carter, Tom Poti

To NYR: Jason Ward, Mike Komisarek
I might do the Sundstrom + Hainsey one, although wouldn't be thrilled about it, but there's no way you'll see Souray or even Komisarek traded to get a 25 goal man like Carter, especially since he's struggling right now in NY. Those two are the back bone of the Habs future, along with Markov. I wouldn't even trade either one of them straight up for Carter.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 02:31 AM
  #15
Bacchus
Registered User
 
Bacchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dickes B
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I might do the Sundstrom + Hainsey one, although wouldn't be thrilled about it, but there's no way you'll see Souray or even Komisarek traded to get a 25 goal man like Carter, especially since he's struggling right now in NY. Those two are the back bone of the Habs future, along with Markov. I wouldn't even trade either one of them straight up for Carter.
I really understand that. But some of your guys wanted Carter and nobody in NY wants him to move out. So you have to give up something good for him - no Perreault, no Juneau, no Rivet etc.

Bacchus is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 06:23 AM
  #16
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
To get carter.....start with Komo or Hainsey, NYR need defense.

Most Rangers fans would drive Carter to Montreal, as long as Gainey picked up the cost of the tolls.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 07:05 AM
  #17
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Most Rangers fans would drive Carter to Montreal, as long as Gainey picked up the cost of the tolls.

Personally I would drive him AND pay for tolls if it got Komisarek to Broadway.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 07:08 AM
  #18
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Personally I would drive him AND pay for tolls if it got Komisarek to Broadway.

I don't think you could get Komisarek for him, unless you added something to the deal.

Maybe something like

Carter & Rangers #1 in 2004

for

Komisarek & Habs #2 in 2004

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 07:12 AM
  #19
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I don't think you could get Komisarek for him, unless you added something to the deal.

Maybe something like

Carter & Rangers #1 in 2004

for

Komisarek & Habs #2 in 2004
No, I agree. I still like the Carter for Sundstrom and Hainsey thought.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 07:17 AM
  #20
TwineSniper
Registered User
 
TwineSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,092
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Carter for Sundstrom and Hainsey is a pretty fair deal IMO.

The problem that is sticking out though is that he is in the final year of his contract...and that plummets his value.

so I think to even it out the Rangers would probably have to add a draft pick, possibly a 4th or 5th rounder.

just to sum up.

To Montreal: Anson Carter, 4th Round Pick 2005
To Rangers: Ron Hainsey, Niklas Sundstrom






-- The Franchise

TwineSniper is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 07:20 AM
  #21
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Carter for Sundstrom and Hainsey is a pretty fair deal IMO.

The problem that is sticking out though is that he is in the final year of his contract...and that plummets his value.

so I think to even it out the Rangers would probably have to add a draft pick, possibly a 4th or 5th rounder.

just to sum up.

To Montreal: Anson Carter, 4th Round Pick 2005
To Rangers: Ron Hainsey, Niklas Sundstrom


-- The Franchise
That sounds fair.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 04:09 PM
  #22
barnaby63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
That sounds fair.
this is the same niklas sundstrom that was benched recently by montreals coaching staff. and you are trading away carter who is really coming on as of late in every department except for scoring and that will come around soon enough.

barnaby63 is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 04:39 PM
  #23
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
this is the same niklas sundstrom that was benched recently by montreals coaching staff. and you are trading away carter who is really coming on as of late in every department except for scoring and that will come around soon enough.
And didn't you see the other name alongside Sundstrom?

Munchausen is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 06:15 PM
  #24
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
this is the same niklas sundstrom that was benched recently by montreals coaching staff. and you are trading away carter who is really coming on as of late in every department except for scoring and that will come around soon enough.

Read the entire proposal.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 06:30 PM
  #25
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
this is the same niklas sundstrom that was benched recently by montreals coaching staff. and you are trading away carter who is really coming on as of late in every department except for scoring and that will come around soon enough.
Sundstrom isn't the center piece. The Rangers definately need to go through a youth movement. Starting off by giving Tjutin (sp?) a chance

Missionhockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.