HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huge Rumor: Iginla To Mtl? (source)

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Huge Rumor: Iginla To Mtl? (source)

I was watching 110% ...

Yvan Martineau who was at the Bell Centre said that there is a rumor going around in there ...

He said Gainey called Flames Gm and told him, take ANY three players you want from my team EXCEPT FOR JOSE THEODORE in exchange for Iggy.

What do you guys think?

is it a good trade if it was

Komisarek,Souray,Zednik ? or Komi,Souray,Koivu ?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:49 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I was watching 110% ...

Yvan Martineau who was at the Bell Centre said that there is a rumor going around in there ...

He said Gainey called Flames Gm and told him, take ANY three players you want from my team EXCEPT FOR JOSE THEODORE in exchange for Iggy.

What do you guys think?

I would be extremelly surprise if he would do so.

specially when i hear its a 110% rumour.

100% sucks big time. no credibility what so ever.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:55 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I was watching 110% ...

What do you guys think?

Hard to believe. They would be crazy to trade Komisarek and Souray is our best defenseman right now. I have no problem dealing Zednik, but I wouldn't deal two (potential) top 4 defenseman.

Theodore sucked last game as well, he has a lot to prove...

If my arm was twisted, I would do Souray, Zednik and a throw-in.

COME ON THIS IS IGINLA

Old
11-04-2003, 07:03 PM
RE-HABS

Another trade made up by the 1st class media in Montreal.

Who would believe something like that, and does anyone here really thing Gainey would leave the door open for someone to clean his cupboard bare for one player? There just isn't any logic or sense to this deal at all.

Gainey is the vet when it comes to being a GM and Sutter is a Rookie in this catagory, who schools who here?

Old
11-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Another trade made up by the 1st class media in Montreal.

Who would believe something like that, and does anyone here really thing Gainey would leave the door open for someone to clean his cupboard bare for one player? There just isn't any logic or sense to this deal at all.

Gainey is the vet when it comes to being a GM and Sutter is a Rookie in this catagory, who schools who here?
From my understanding of everything I have heard about Gainey, he is one of the most tight lipped GM's when it comes to trades. Now all of a sudden in the course of days we have "rumours" and "discussion" about Montreal being interested in Jagr, Comrie, and now Iginla. Don't the habs have the greatest media in sports?

Old
11-04-2003, 07:43 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
From my understanding of everything I have heard about Gainey, he is one of the most tight lipped GM's when it comes to trades. Now all of a sudden in the course of days we have "rumours" and "discussion" about Montreal being interested in Jagr, Comrie, and now Iginla. Don't the habs have the greatest media in sports?
Is it just me or do the Media in Montreal generate better stories and rumors when the habs are down and out? They hate to see us win, it doesn't sell like when we lose...the BS , I mean stories they can tell then.

This has to be one of the most exciting nights here on the Montreal board (even a lot of action on the trade board) in a long time and it is all because of a losing streak and a bunch of BS being pedaled and pushed by the Montreal media...amazing.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Is it just me or do the Media in Montreal generate better stories and rumors when the habs are down and out? They hate to see us win, it doesn't sell like when we lose...the BS , I mean stories they can tell then.

This has to be one of the most exciting nights here on the Montreal board (even a lot of action on the trade board) in a long time and it is all because of a losing streak and a bunch of BS being pedaled and pushed by the Montreal media...amazing.
I think we should start a poll of what is the "best" (or worst story depending on how you look at it) of the year so far.

My personal favourite so far is Koivu asking for a trade, drawn from the conclusion that Koivu would miss another game. Negating the fact he has a knee injury, which he still had pain during practice, and still hadn't been given the green light from doctors.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Having a line of Ryder-Koivu-Iginla is devestating. Iginla has never had a real playmaker (Conroy, Savard? please) and with Saku, he'd light it up. Now, what to trade? I say give 'em Sundstrom (a Sutter fave from San Jose), Zednik (Sutter will like his feistiness and sniper skills), Kilger (good tough boy for Daryll) and Hainsey (great QB for PP in Flames future, so you have to give them some value). Geez, we're taking salary off his hands here and it's not every day an Iginla is available. We can have two high-priced, yet great players in him and Theo but Iginla can be the 50 goal scorer we haven't had in a while. Watching him in Calgary, I have every belief he could do it in Montreal. This may happen toward season's end. But Iginla also needs to renegotiate a new deal, so having him would mean that if he had a weak season with Cgy. till that point, we'd have leverage in the money talks. Then, with all the other guys positions gone it could be filled up by Komisarek, Plekanec, Higgins and also set the stage for trading Perreault, Audette, Quintal, Dykhuis, Traverse, Dackell and Brisebois over the forthcoming year or two.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Having a line of Ryder-Koivu-Iginla is devestating. Iginla has never had a real playmaker (Conroy, Savard? please) and with Saku, he'd light it up. Now, what to trade? I say give 'em Sundstrom (a Sutter fave from San Jose), Zednik (Sutter will like his feistiness and sniper skills), Kilger (good tough boy for Daryll) and Hainsey (great QB for PP in Flames future, so you have to give them some value). Geez, we're taking salary off his hands here and it's not every day an Iginla is available. We can have two high-priced, yet great players in him and Theo but Iginla can be the 50 goal scorer we haven't had in a while. Watching him in Calgary, I have every belief he could do it in Montreal. This may happen toward season's end. But Iginla also needs to renegotiate a new deal, so having him would mean that if he had a weak season with Cgy. till that point, we'd have leverage in the money talks. Then, with all the other guys positions gone it could be filled up by Komisarek, Plekanec, Higgins and also set the stage for trading Perreault, Audette, Quintal, Dykhuis, Traverse, Dackell and Brisebois over the forthcoming year or two.
change kilger with garon and i think cgy could fo it...

Closed Thread