HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray 11 shots on goal??

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
HABitual

vCash: 500
Souray 11 shots on goal??

If he's getting 11 shots on goal then I think I figured out why this team's overall goal scoring has gone dry. I'm not blaming Souray exclusively for the team's poor play but I wonder why can't anyone else on the team shoot more often? Are they too busy getting hit?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:20 PM
NWT Habs Fan

He also shares the team lead for goals, anyone else think this is goofy?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:29 PM
Ryza_16_Habs Fan

vCash:
I am beggining to feel bad for Souray, he has been by far our best d-man and probably our best player. did you see him in the 3rd period, he was "sucking wind", I don;t think he will be able to keep it up too much longer because CJ over plays him IMO, he should cut down his minute only by a few to keep him rested for the future, he had all last year off, he has lots of energy but how much? 1 year is a long time to take off and then come back and play that much...

Old
11-04-2003, 06:33 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryza_16_Habs Fan
I am beggining to feel bad for Souray, he has been by far our best d-man and probably our best player. did you see him in the 3rd period, he was "sucking wind", I don;t think he will be able to keep it up too much longer because CJ over plays him IMO, he should cut down his minute only by a few to keep him rested for the future, he had all last year off, he has lots of energy but how much? 1 year is a long time to take off and then come back and play that much...
From the ice time stats it looks like CJ was sending a message to Rivet and Markov with their invisible ice time. The problem is that it puts a lot of extra pressure on the other 4 guys, including guys like Souray who are already getting their fair share of ice time on 5-on-5, PP and PK. He is one of the few actually showing up ready to play!!

Closed Thread