HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Couple of Proposals!!

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2006, 10:39 AM
habs4eva

vCash: 500
A Couple of Proposals!!

I think the habs need a solid puck moving defenceman (Redden) i think he is the guy mtl needs.
Also, i dont think we need to sign a big forward as free agent name, rather make a couple of trades.
Here are a couple of suggestions - what u guys think ??

Aebischer + Dandenault for Modin + Fedetenko (give/take picks)

Zednik for Lang (give/take picks)

Ryder + Aebischer = Havlat (i know we play them 8 times a yr but they need a goalie n we need a player like Havlat so u never know)

Sign Redden and of course Huet

Old
05-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs4eva
I think the habs need a solid puck moving defenceman (Redden) i think he is the guy mtl needs.
Also, i dont think we need to sign a big forward as free agent name, rather make a couple of trades.

Aebischer + Dandenault for Modin + Fedetenko (give/take picks)No

Zednik for Lang (give/take picks)Yes

Ryder + Aebischer = Havlat (i know we play them 8 times a yr but they need a goalie n we need a player like Havlat so u never know)No

That what I tink

Old
05-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Pat

Quote:

Ryder + Aebischer = Havlat (i know we play them 8 times a yr but they need a goalie n we need a player like Havlat so u never know)

these are proposals I like. that Lang for Zednik was a trade rumour not so long ago. I don't think Ottawa would do that Havlat trade though, but I would
Redden would be a good fit, but I doubt he'll sign here. he'll sign with a US team IMO

Old
05-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Why would the Bolts take on the salaries that Aebischer and Dandenault represent? Even if they need a goalie, I would imagine they can get one of Aebischer's (medicore) calibre on the UFA market without making a trade. And if they want to dump Modin and Fedotenko for salary reasons, it won't be to get the same salary back, they should want some of our younger, cheaper players, no?
Quote:
I'm on board for this one.
Quote:
I don't know if it would beat what the rest of the league would offer or not. It's a pretty good savings for the Senators, but the player value they get is probably too low?
Quote:
Well, if we add Havlat (and Lang), we sure won't be able to sign Redden.

Old
05-26-2006, 11:04 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:

Havlat will go for much much more. Maybe Grabs is our havlat

Old
05-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Habruti!

I think we need a solid 2nd line center more then anything else. Our D is doing just fine and it is not where we have the biggest need IMO. If we can get one cheap fine but I would not break the back to sigh a Redden who would be marginaly better (and still would have to be proven) then Markov.

Palayers like Havlat you need to develop them, we can probably have one of Perezhogin or Koststitsyn that will develop into a special player like Havlat. Perhaps even both of them can do it. What is important is to give them the rigth supporting cast to achieve there full potential.

Closed Thread