HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does anyone feel like the following is REALLY possible?

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
PacketFlo

vCash: 500
Does anyone feel like the following is REALLY possible?

With the crazy contract Brad Richards has been given does anyone feel like Vinny can be had for the right deal? If so what would you offer?

Their top 8 players who are under contract for the 06-07 season surpass the 32 million mark together. Tampa certainly has lots of thinking to do in the next couple of months.....

Old
05-25-2006, 12:45 PM
habfan4

Anyone can be traded for the "right" deal.

That being said, the Bolts seem to be prepared to keep their core of the Big three intact and patch their line up with cheap talent. It remains to be seen if that approach to team building has merit, but it pretty much means Lecavalier is not available.

Old
05-25-2006, 02:39 PM
tinyzombies

If they move anyone it would be St-Louis, not Lecavalier.

Old
05-25-2006, 02:42 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
If they move anyone it would be St-Louis, not Lecavalier.
St-Louis has a NTC clause, which really doesn't matter because the 5 years left on his contract makes virtually untradable anyways.

Old
05-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
St-Louis has a NTC clause, which really doesn't matter because the 5 years left on his contract makes virtually untradable anyways.
Point and match. I think Vinny is a possibility, I don't think they'll trade him in the same conference though. I would definitely love to see him here, as I think he'd bleed habs. It would take a hell of a lot, but I'd be willing to make it happen. Don't think Bob would come to terms though.

Old
05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Point and match. I think Vinny is a possibility, I don't think they'll trade him in the same conference though. I would definitely love to see him here, as I think he'd bleed habs. It would take a hell of a lot, but I'd be willing to make it happen. Don't think Bob would come to terms though.
I think you overlooked my earlier post where I stated that IMO Lecavalier was not going anywhere. Feaster appears to think he can make it work despite having approx. 45% of the allegedly increased salary cap tied up in 3 forwards.

Old
05-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
I think you overlooked my earlier post where I stated that IMO Lecavalier was not going anywhere. Feaster appears to think he can make it work despite having approx. 45% of the allegedly increased salary cap tied up in 3 forwards.
Isn't Lecavs an RFA after next season? I don't think we have a chance at getting him now, but you never know after next season, I wouldn't mind getting rid of Price or something in order to get Vinny.

Old
05-25-2006, 03:33 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Lecavalier won't be traded. I'm pretty sure that before signing the contract Richards made sure that his best friend would stay. With a one year contract Richards could have got the same kind of contract next year on the open market. I'm pretty sure that the 29 other teams would love to have Brad Richards on their team. I mean if Bobby Holik could get 9 millions a player in Brad Richards class could easily get 7+ millions in the open market.

Old
05-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Isn't Lecavs an RFA after next season? I don't think we have a chance at getting him now, but you never know after next season, I wouldn't mind getting rid of Price or something in order to get Vinny.
Nah I wouldnt go that far...
I'd package one of the goalies currently within the system for Vinny... But Carey Price should stay where he is (Montreal's property). You know how bad this could come back and bite us in the rear if it did not follow through well? There is a solid reason as to why Price was selected in the top 5 by arguably the best prospect selection team in the business. (I.E. Savard/Timmins/Gainey)

Old
05-25-2006, 03:37 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Nope, Vinnie signed a 4 year $27.5 million dollar contract last August, so he's got three more years at $6.8 million (cap hit - not sure how the dollars are distributed).

Old
05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Guy Germaine

Definetly.
Vinny is no longer the face of TB, it's Brad's team now.Even Feaster himself said Brad was the most likely candidate to be captain next season, which is kind of a slap in the face to VL.
If Feaster can acquire a cheap second line center,a starting goalie and a prospect/d-man for Vince, IMO he'd be dumb not to do it!

Old
05-25-2006, 03:44 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_pucker
Definetly.
Vinny is no longer the face of TB, it's Brad's team now.Even Feaster himself said Brad was the most likely candidate to be captain next season, which is kind of a slap in the face to VL.
If Feaster can acquire a cheap second line center,a starting goalie and a prospect/d-man for Vince, IMO he'd be dumb not to do it!
Why would it be a slap to Vinny's face? I mean, Brad Richards has been the best player since he joined the NHL, plus Vinny already had been captain and it didn't work. Of course he was too young, but still, it didn't work then why it would work now? Vinny is a great player but I think that Brad Richards is just SO in the Joe Sakic mold. They are clones and I believe that Richards would be a great choice as captain. BTW, TB situation reminds me of Colorado's situation when they had Forsberg and Sakic. Did any of them complained about the other having more ice time? No! I just think that the Lightning gave this contract to Richards because they wanted to lock their 1-2 punch for years to come. Martin St-Louis is the most likely to be buy-out or traded.

Old
05-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Nope, Vinnie signed a 4 year $27.5 million dollar contract last August, so he's got three more years at $6.8 million (cap hit - not sure how the dollars are distributed).
So they've got 3 guys that compose over 50% of their cap over at least the next 3 years? Feaster truely is insane.

Closed Thread