HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Kill Kiwi part 1

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 07:19 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Kill Kiwi part 1

Responsible for two goals, absolutely horrible. Gets one lucky shot through a screen though.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
Old
11-06-2003, 07:26 PM
I_r_1337

I once thought Kiwi was the worst player in the NHL..but then came John Gruden...

Old
11-07-2003, 02:30 AM
txpd

a recurring theme in jason la canfora's game recap.....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Nov6.html
Jeremy Roenick sliced between defensemen Jason Doig and Gonchar, then slid the puck to the left wing, where Tony Amonte banged it into the open side of the net. (it was kiwi, not gonchar...btw)...............
Kolzig was being pelted with pucks while defensemen Doig and Joel Kwiatkowski were beaten to rebounds. Ultimately, Justin Williams popped a loose puck in. .................................................. ..........................
Keith Primeau had solid position in front of Doig and deflected the puck in the net.

On the Gruden point...I couldn't believe that Gruden disengaged with Brashear and then watched him crush Eminger. What was he thinking?

Old
11-07-2003, 03:00 AM
PSUhockey34

The sad part is that gruden and kiwi, the two real glaring mistakes in cassidy's blueline, will all be in the lineup next game...I could be wrong but it seems like the fowards get the brunt of cassidy's wrath whereas the D usually is the last guys called out for mistakes

Im sorry but i think cassidy and starting off the season with the type of blueline we have, is one of the capitals organization biggest mistakes ever

Old
11-07-2003, 03:26 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3owner
The sad part is that gruden and kiwi, the two real glaring mistakes in cassidy's blueline, will all be in the lineup next game...I could be wrong but it seems like the fowards get the brunt of cassidy's wrath whereas the D usually is the last guys called out for mistakes

Im sorry but i think cassidy and starting off the season with the type of blueline we have, is one of the capitals organization biggest mistakes ever
there is no point in cassidy calling out the defensemen. Kiwi, Gruden and Doig are marginal NHL defensemen at best. One of them well placed could have something to offer and Doig has proven that. But expecting
Doig and Kwiatkowski to match up with Roenick and Amonte like they were last night is a waste of time. I am not sure that those 3 can play any better than what they are.
You certainly could expect more offense from Jagr, Bondra, Zubrus, Halpern and Grier. You can't say that about the defense.

Closed Thread