HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mario Tremblay as assistant coach ?

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2006, 10:55 AM
LeHab

vCash: 500
Mario Tremblay as assistant coach ?

Quote:
Mario Tremblay prêt à seconder Carbo

Roger Tremblay

Le Quotidien

Alma

"Je ne vous cacherai pas que j'aimerais bien et j'accepterais volontiers de travailler comme entraîneur adjoint de Guy Carbonneau avec le Canadien. Or, mon contrat avec le Wild du Minnesota est encore valide pour une autre année. Si Carbo est intéressé en mes services, le tout se réglera alors entre Bob Gainey et Doug Risebrough".
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../5228/CPSPORTS

Short translation : Mario does not hide his whish to become the assitant coach to Carbo. However, he still has a year left on his contract with Minnesota but if Carbo is interested Gainey may negotiate something with Risebrough.

How about Roy and Tremblay as Assistants ? I can already feel the love

Old
05-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
No,we actually have a few players that like and wanna play in Montreal.We wanna try to sign some key play and adding Tremblay in the mix you can forget about that.Tremblay is a total looser and Michel Villeneuve is a real big clown for even starting a thing like that on the radio last night.

Old
05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Artyukhin*

just as it seems to get dull in montreal bammmmmmm
i agree here is my idea tell me if it makes sence...
lets give reggie houle a shot as asst coach ok?

i mean sure he wasnt a great gm maybe he will do better as asst coach

i personally wanna forget everything about those years including trembly , roy ....

that page was turned let never return pleeaseeee

Old
05-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
The day the real Habs fans will acknowledge that the Houle-Tremblay era made us regressed by 10 years by their poor drafting (except 1998), bad trades, poor reputation, crazy ego trips and the Roy incident, they'll stop talking about a possible comeback of any of those clowns.....

And do you also realize that it will cost us a draft pick to get the guy, since it's no promotion but a lateral move. So to again lose a trade by getting this guy for a pick, let's say a 4th rounder, that would be the total irony....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-25-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM
scosar

Tremblay is a seperatist who would duck back into the dressing room during the national anthem, until advised otherwise by Mr. Corey. Regardless of his abilities that is not something that needs to be brought into play again. There are other coaches of equal or better ability who can assist the habs.

Old
05-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar
Tremblay is a seperatist who would duck back into the dressing room during the national anthem, until advised otherwise by Mr. Corey. Regardless of his abilities that is not something that needs to be brought into play again. There are other coaches of equal or better ability who can assist the habs.
Oh yeah, he's a separatist so no way he gets a job with Montreal

Bring some hockey arguments than politic arguments. Anyway, Tremblay should'nt come back. I don't like his way to coach and I personally think that Robinson or Muller could do a way better job than him.

Old
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

i personally wanna forget everything about those years including trembly , roy ....

that page was turned let never return pleeaseeee
Bingo. He helped ruin this franchise which set us back at least 10 years, why the hell should he be brought back. Carbo and Gainey better not even be considering him (the article really only says that Tremblay would like to come back) because every time I would see Tremblay behind the bench my head would go -->

Old
05-25-2006, 11:44 AM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Bingo. He helped ruin this franchise which set us back at least 10 years, why the hell should he be brought back. Carbo and Gainey better not even be considering him (the article really only says that Tremblay would like to come back) because every time I would see Tremblay behind the bench my head would go -->
The article says they are good friends and I think we all agree that in recent years some (if not many) habs nominations were based on friendship first rather then competency.

All we can hope is that Carbo has good judgement...and better friends.

Old
05-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Been there , done that.

He looks happy in Min with his buddy Lemaire so he should stay there imo.

Bring some new blood

Old
05-25-2006, 12:03 PM
habfan4

I'm happy remembering Mario Tremblay's contributions to the Canadiens on the ice, his contributions behind the bench are simply too horrifying to recall

Old
05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
znk

Well...He's got a few years experience now so it would be different for sure. Also...I'm pretty sure he would have been a pretty good assistant coach back then.
But I think I'd rather have somebody else.

Old
05-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Guy Caballero

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I think his firebrand attitude would be a nice complement to the Carbo/Gainey stoicism, but I could also see it causing disruptions, since he's got a big ego.

At this point, I don't hold his failure as the Habs' head coach against him. He obviously took on a situation that he wasn't prepared for at the time, and by most accounts he's done very well as an assistant in Minnesota.

Old
05-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Well...He's got a few years experience now so it would be different for sure. Also...I'm pretty sure he would have been a pretty good assistant coach back then.
But I think I'd rather have somebody else.
I would agree,

I am sure he as learned a lot under lemaire and he now has more experience but to me there are other candidates that could do just as well and bring soemthing different to the table. I do not think we need a third coach showing the defensive side of the game....

I think there are lots of candidates that could certainly interest MTL and Carbo. Not sure if the list would be complete but here are few of them:

There are the obvious candidates:
1- Denis Savard: Perhaps it could be very beneficial to our young forward crowd to have a guy that has an offensive spirit!

2- Larry Robinson: For obvious reasons but I doubt that it will happen

3- Kirk Muller: Although he admited that he wanted to stay in Kingston this year

4- Donald Dufresne/Sylvain Lefebvre/JJ Daignault: They have all been reported as potential candidates. I am not sure I see any of them doing it though....

There are the less obvious candidates who would not shock me that much:
1- Denis Potvin
2- Rod Langway
3- Mike Bossy
4- Benoit Brunet
5- Keith Acton
6- Brian Skrudland

Anyhow, I can't wait to see who will be chosen...

Old
05-25-2006, 12:35 PM
tinyzombies

I like Mario. I think people judge him harshly for the job he did in the 90s. It was his first job too, don't forget. He really didn't do that bad of a job. As for Roy, he had been declining for a couple years and even Savard was about to trade him, so I think that whole affair goes beyond Tremblay. I would have no problem with him as an assistant, except that I would like to see a guy who could help our defense (Robinson particularly).

But Mario was one of my favorite players. Loved that guy!

Old
05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
korky00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn
Oh yeah, he's a separatist so no way he gets a job with Montreal

Bring some hockey arguments than politic arguments. Anyway, Tremblay should'nt come back. I don't like his way to coach and I personally think that Robinson or Muller could do a way better job than him.

Thanks for answering the clown man...seriously, I'm kinda bored to see everyone bring on the separation question ona hockey board...I am here to talk about hockey...nothing else.

Old
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Capitano

I love Tremblay's fire and passion but man he was a loose cannon. He cost us a few star players in his day which set us back a bunch in the grand scheme of things. Then we go and get Stephane Richer back?!? I had seen it all at that point.

If he wants to lace 'em up for the 4th line I'm all for it though!

Cap

Old
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

So far the team has met with both Denis Savard and Gaston Gingras for the job. I've seen Gingras at the last development camp, he was teaching the power skating drills, so I'm not surprised to hear his name.

Old
05-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Marchy79

Gingras would probably make a great asst coach... but I think he should go to Hamilton and take over for Lever (who I am not crazy for)
I would love to see Muller/Savard/Robinson for the job. either one is amazing... Seriously if we land one of them guys, I think we would have the most competent management in the game

Old
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I don't really care if he comes back or not, but Tremblay now is not the same one we saw a decade ago. Anyways, reading the first replies makes me

Old
05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar
I know this isn't really important, but are you serious?

Old
05-25-2006, 05:40 PM
HabuseMoi

LoL

Benoit Brunet

Old
05-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Teufelsdreck

I wouldn't want to see him back. Le Bleuet has a foul temperament.

Old
05-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi
LoL

Benoit Brunet
He was a very smart player who was unlucky. I liked him a lot.

Old
05-25-2006, 07:28 PM
toughstuff

I loved Mario Tremblay.. Still do..

Mario was put in an awkward position. To this day I cannot say he was fully in the wrong. How I wish I could have been a fly in the dressing room the last few weeks in order to really what was going on.

One thing for sure is that it turned out awful.

Had the trade been good then we would likely not be talking so negatively about Tremblay.

One must remember that Tremblay had a decent record and managed a awfully stressed situation.

I would be willing to give him a chance. The guy wears the HABS logo on his sleave. He lives and breaths Canadians.

I am going on limb and support his nomination.

Old
05-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
I loved Mario Tremblay.. Still do..

Mario was put in an awkward position. To this day I cannot say he was fully in the wrong. How I wish I could have been a fly in the dressing room the last few weeks in order to really what was going on.

One thing for sure is that it turned out awful.

Had the trade been good then we would likely not be talking so negatively about Tremblay.

One must remember that Tremblay had a decent record and managed a awfully stressed situation.

I would be willing to give him a chance. The guy wears the HABS logo on his sleave. He lives and breaths Canadians.

I am going on limb and support his nomination.

He was here for the utter ripping down the pride of this franchise. He left our star goalie in net for 8 goals in a blowout that we could not win... He began with decent talent here, and by the end of his reign we were in shambles...

He had his chances here... Minnesota, he looks good there. Not even to mention the division in the dressing room could not be worse than when he was here...

Tremblay MUST stay as far away from here as possible... He's the cancer in the dressing room... Imagine that, a coach who doesn't even show enough respect to be standing for the national anthem. Beliefs or not... That's flat out rediculous... and the minute he did that... showed his true character. Screw Tremblay... GO ROBINSON!!!!

Closed Thread