HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Coyote Hockey Reporter

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 12:43 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
mms://coyotes.wmod.llnwd.net/a50/o1/033002kolanos.wmv

I like Kolanos more than comrie, considering what each brings to the table. KK is incredibly strong around the net, something the coyotes desperately need. He certainly doesnt look himself, but he hit his grove and the team just bottomed out, winless in 8.

To suggest you guys would get Nagy, Any of the D or Doan is insane. The yotes are rebuilding, and trade is going to be swift and precise.

perhaps,

Boucher + Radivojevic = Comrie?
we would much Boosh's salary...

Comrie doesnt exactly sound defensively responsible at a -18, Nagy who is comparable has a good + rating even though he plays on the yotes.
downright ugly proposal. I appreciate the video. I highly doubt Comrie will be involved for Kolanos lets talk non -Comrie proposals Phoenix is more than set down the middle I suspect if Phoenix does truly want to move Kolanos its probably for the principal reason for getting Taffe into the line-up. How do you feel about Isbister? if we get a center and Smyth moves back to Lw I just don't see much room for him, short stay I know.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoyotes
Forget the Coyotes taking on a goalie unless it's a 6th string goalie for the minors. We've got 5 goalies in the system as a solid top 5, we don't need to acquire any, and we could even move 2 without getting one back.

Don't bother to mention Doan or Nagy either, that'd be like us naming Smyth. Tanabe, Mara, Vaananen would be like naming Brewer in the deal. I'm not comparing any of these players, just saying that we are best to leave these names off the list.

I'd really hate to lose Kolanos at all, but there is definitely some concern here that he's not going to play at the same level as he had the potential too. I think he's going to be great though and I'd rather hold onto him than get Laraque. Comrie doesn't make much sense either unless Edmonton takes a major salary, as the Coyotes need to trim $2 million from it's budget. If Comrie is asking for $4 million, that means you guys would have to assume $6 million (Boucher & Savage for example) to make the deal work...unless another move is afoot.
So if I understand this correctly, you have two ryan smyths and three eric brewers. Have you guys planned the parade route yet?

Old
11-05-2003, 12:48 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
So if I understand this correctly, you have two ryan smyths and three eric brewers. Have you guys planned the parade route yet?

Old
11-05-2003, 12:50 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Call in 3 years

Old
11-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Hemsky01

Quote:

Old
11-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Hemsky01

Quote:
Call in 3 years
When the Coyotes have made 50 more stupid trades by Barnett, when they have 5 goalies and 2 d-man on roster(Boucher, Bierk, Burke, and the 2 prospects who are supposed to be the next Broduer and Hasek). I agree with you that Phoenix has good young talent but they have too many stupid people running the organization.(not including Gretzky)

Old
11-05-2003, 12:54 PM
camboy

Quote:

That was sweet! lol

Old
11-05-2003, 01:34 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Call in 3 years
this completely transcends delusional... wow.

Old
11-05-2003, 04:05 PM

Quote:
You fail to understand my statement and took it for the opposite of what I clarified. I won't bother to hammer it in, because the nail is strong enough, it's just being hammered into solid steel.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Don't bother to mention Doan or Nagy either, that'd be like us naming Smyth. Tanabe, Mara, Vaananen would be like naming Brewer in the deal. I'm not comparing any of these players, just saying that we are best to leave these names off the list.
Quote:
No. You didnt understand it correctly at all. Luckily I've put a helpful indication for you.

If you want to get snide Mara, Tanabe, Vaananen arent Eric Brewers anyway. They dont know what the press box looks like.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
No. You didnt understand it correctly at all. Luckily I've put a helpful indication for you.

If you want to get snide Mara, Tanabe, Vaananen arent Eric Brewers anyway. They dont know what the press box looks like.
Please explain why Eric Brewer would know what the press box looks like????

Someone didn't do their homework.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Please explain why Eric Brewer would know what the press box looks like????

Someone didn't do their homework.
I think I saw some article talking about Brewer being benched, but I didn't read it. Might be the same thing the other person was referring to, but Brewer has played in all 11 games for the Oilers this year. All 4 of these defensemen are great players, we'll leave it at that.

The issue isn't what Mr Jockitch led it to. We are all just interested in the Oilers/Coyotes rumors.

I don't see Comrie coming to Phoenix, although it'd be nice in an ideal world. You always enjoy acquiring a player of talent. The Coyotes depth is too poor still as they are still rebuilding to package some of that depth for a greater player. I'd rather see us develop more players and when we are winning on all fronts, try to upgrade. It does no good to acquire players who want the money on a team losing money.

Old
11-06-2003, 07:13 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
You would have to have a 32 year old plus player on the team to have them have to quit early because of those problems.

Good thing in Edmonton we would never have to worry about that.
Hmmm...I'm not convinced of that - look at a guy like Brett Lindros. And maybe Jason Allison - even if he comes back, is he going to be the same player? I'd be more inclined to get someone who's had *other* injury problems, like a knee... a la Dvorak. At least you know that while it takes 4-8 months for the injury to be physically healed, it's another 4-6 months for the player's brain to catch up and get back to playing at 100%. But with concussions...the next hit or awkward fall into the boards or whatever could be 'it'. <shudder>

Bart

Old
11-06-2003, 07:16 AM
barto

Quote:
*snip*
It does no good to acquire players who want the money on a team losing money.
Isn't the new building supposed to (mostly) solve the money problems?

Bart

Old
11-06-2003, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Isn't the new building supposed to (mostly) solve the money problems?

Bart
In some time the new arena will pay it's dividends, but they are by no means in the bank yet. They haven't even sold the naming rights yet.

It'll help, but this team is still in a limited market and will struggle until it builds a winner. Too many fair-weather fans in Phoenix.

Old
11-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone

And the Oilers literally have no use for boucher.
Sadly, neither do the Yotes.

Old
11-06-2003, 12:46 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Tanabe doesn't know what the pressbox looks like? Probably because they don't have one in the AHL, where he belongs.

I do like the Ossinator though...he's a finnish Jason Smith.

Old
11-06-2003, 08:38 PM
FacelessButcher

Coyotes are on a 9(0-6-3) game winless streak now maybe they should make a decent shake-up. Mizral mentioned a trade of Comrie for Kolanos +Tanabe, I think Phoenix is over-paying in this deal maybe adding Brewer and Mara balance it out as Brewer is marginally better than Mara.

To Phx:
Comrie
Brewer

To Edm:
Kolanos
Mara
Tanabe

We can take Boucher for a 4th or 5th if they have budgetary concerns and we can barter him off for them to balance out the cash flow.

lines after-
Smyth-Kolanos-Hemsky
Torres-York-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Isbister-Sarno/Stoll-Salmelainen/Laraque

Mara-Smith
Staios-Tanabe
Cross-Semenov(for times when you need large d)
Bergeron-Ferguson(when you need more offense better puck movement)

or rotate Semenov and Bergeon with Cross as 6th d-man and leave Ferguson out unless their is an injury.Tanabe and Mara are both wicked passers and should help our puck movement out of the zone, crisp passes are key for us to exploit our speed advantage against other teams and both are quite good on the PP which should help our special teams a lot. Phoenix should really get a good scoring punch as their goal per game average is pretty low. There d will obviously be somewhat worse but get better offensive prowess, Vannanen(6ft4 218) and Brewer(6ft3 220) would improve their top pairing and they would just have a bunch of large physically imposing 4-5th type defense men(some a little better+Knyazev is coming up) on their 2nd and 3rd d-pairings Spiller(6ft5 235lbs) ,Hulse(6ft3 220lbs),Ference(6ft3 220lbs), and Suchy(6ft2 205lbs runt of the litter ).

Old
11-07-2003, 06:11 AM
barto

Boy, I really have a hard time believing Lowe will include Brewer in any deal that doesn't involve, say, J-Bo or Pitkanen coming back. I think they really feel Brewer has the tools to be a top d-man, and they'd like it to be with Edmonton!

On the other hand, I don't know how long you stick with a guy who's struggling... usually his trade value is at its lowest anyway, but if the longer he struggles, the lower his trade value gets... A tough call, but I'll be VERY surprised if Brewer is involved in any deal this year.

Bart

Closed Thread