HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Okay, I guarentee this happens next season!

Old
05-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Okay, I guarentee this happens next season!

This is the popular thing on the board right now.

Next year, I guarentee that:
1) The team sells out every game.
2) We all get pissed off at the team from time to time.
3) We have a new scapegoat every couple weeks.
4) We have a hell of a lot of fun watching the Drive For 25.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
a given

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Transported Upstater

I guarantee that:

1) Any criticism of an English player by the French media will be immediately discounted and ignored, because the French media is biased.

2) Any criticism of a French player by the English media will be immediately discounted and ignored, because the English media is biased.

C'est la vie...(did I say that right?)

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransportedUpstater
I guarantee that:

1) Any criticism of an English player by the French media will be immediately discounted and ignored, because the French media is biased.

2) Any criticism of a French player by the English media will be immediately discounted and ignored, because the English media is biased.

C'est la vie...(did I say that right?)
To the best of my knowledge, the English media in Montréal don't savage Québécois players purely on the grounds of ethnic background. Is there any writer for the Gazette who comes close to being the counterpart of Michel Bergeron et cie on 110%, or Réjean Tremblay?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

The people will moan about the reason why latendress didn't make the team and how much better off we'd be with him..

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:39 AM
mcphee

Gros Bill will nod off mid-post at least 4 times next season, causing us to wonder what else he nods off in the middle of.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
To the best of my knowledge, the English media in Montréal don't savage Québécois players purely on the grounds of ethnic background. Is there any writer for the Gazette who comes close to being the counterpart of Michel Bergeron et cie on 110%, or Réjean Tremblay?
Jack Todd is terrible. I don't think he'll intentionally bash a player based on their language, but back when I did glance at his articles he'd take exception to french players like Brisebois (understandable) and a couple of others, and I don't recall him ever repeatedly bashing any anglos.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 07:01 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

ask to Patrice Brisebois !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 07:04 AM
DerekT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v

ask to Patrice Brisebois !
Can you honestly say that Brisebois ethnicity was the only factor in why he got picked on?

I'd say there were other things.

DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 08:33 AM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Jack Todd is terrible. I don't think he'll intentionally bash a player based on their language, but back when I did glance at his articles he'd take exception to french players like Brisebois (understandable) and a couple of others, and I don't recall him ever repeatedly bashing any anglos.
Come on don't even bring Brisebois into this equation. He's bashed because of his on ice brain farts not because of his nationality.

Jack Todd will bash those that deserve it based on their gameplay not their language. I cannot say the same for SOME of the french media.

Koivu is our captain, the backbone of the team. He's not a league leading goal scorer but he brings it out in his linemates and in the whole team. Not to mention he can put up about a point a game when healthy. Yet the idiots on 110% bash him and praise Ribeiro. Does Jack Todd bash Begin? No, because Begin is a hard working team player. What about Huet(yes, I know he's from France and not a Quebecer), Jack Todd had a hard on for him the entire second half of the season.

This is hockey not a debate team. Who gives a crap what language the guys speak. If they play hard and win games they could speak piglatin for all I care.

HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 08:48 AM
BORAT

PAtrice Brisebois will come back to Montreal as part of the Florida Panthers coaching Staff, he will of course be Jacques Martin's Toupet.

This will spark huge rumours and insinuations that Belinda Stronach will convert the Florida dressing room into a ADQ stronghold barring an internal leadership race between Joe Neuwendyk and Shnazzy newcomer : Larry Feinstein

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 09:17 AM
oli500

You forgot to add the refs will cost us a good 10 games with their horrible reffing as usual

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
You forgot to add the refs will cost us a good 10 games with their horrible reffing as usual, but fans blame them for 25.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
Koivu is our captain, the backbone of the team. He's not a league leading goal scorer but he brings it out in his linemates and in the whole team. Not to mention he can put up about a point a game when healthy. Yet the idiots on 110% bash him and praise Ribeiro.
I dont think there are any doubts even in 110% guys mind, Bergeron INCLUDED, that Koivu is the best player of the 2 (Ribeiro).

When they are asking for a word or 2 of french, it has nothing to do with his on-ice performance which they usually praised.

The bashing coming from 110% is waaaay overblow on those boards, especially considering most nights they are talking about the last game been played and not the season. Monday, they might say Koivu is bad but will praised him the next day. Yet, people digs out the first quote as if it was a general comment. It's false.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 10:06 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
I dont think there are any doubts even in 110% guys mind, Bergeron INCLUDED, that Koivu is the best player of the 2 (Ribeiro).

When they are asking for a word or 2 of french, it has nothing to do with his on-ice performance which they usually praised.

The bashing coming from 110% is waaaay overblow on those boards, especially considering most nights they are talking about the last game been played and not the season. Monday, they might say Koivu is bad but will praised him the next day. Yet, people digs out the first quote as if it was a general comment. It's false.
True

Do they were saying good things about Ribeiro this season ? Not at all . They were all on his back exepted when his game change at the last quarter of the season .

Also true that Rejean Tremblay has a serious paranoia problem with the number of french players with the Habs , but i am sure that 95 % of the french reporters are thinking that he 's loosing his head with his continuous comments around that theme .

110% is before everything , a debating show ; that 's only work if you have opposite points of view , and if the guesses are using big controversal things , here and there , to keep alive the crowd .

How many seasons the will had if they would all always had the same streight opinion about everything ? ''the Koivu is God , and he fight the cancer and he 's a hero '', kind of things that we read here every weeks ...one season at top

They are the sport 's '' jerry springer '' show.

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 05-29-2006 at 10:21 AM.
goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 11:49 AM
kevinr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Your post is a perfect example of how the French media works. Todd criticized Brisebois becasue he stunk. It was convenient to say it was because he is French. Bah.

kevinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 12:01 PM
CHareth

Well, this thread certainly deteriorated fast.

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 12:17 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr
Your post is a perfect example of how the French media works. Todd criticized Brisebois becasue he stunk. It was convenient to say it was because he is French. Bah.
Todd criticized Brisebois because he could. Todd doesn't know the first thing about hockey. It's not racial in any way, he's just a mean nasty sob who uses his column for personal attacks. Check his history.

When did Todd go after Mario Tremblay ? When the team was losing ? After the Roy incident ? No, he did it in concert with Rejean Tremblay when veteram columnists decided to go after the guy. Actually, that's a good example of our media's supposed 2 solitudes working together for a single goal.

Old
05-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

Yes and if we consider the amont of journalist on both side, I think the ratio of biggot is as big if not bigger on the english side.

Bergeron only have a problem with Saku. His coaching career PROVE that he have no problem with english and euros. He's the guy that made Peter Statsny captain while he had many problems with french guys.

I wish we would stop those useless fights.

EDIT: The day people on here will consider that french journalists are just expressing their opinion without considering the language/nationality, i'll gladly do the same for the english ones.

Last edited by Beatnik: 05-29-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 01:17 PM
mcphee

Beatnik, the more I think about it [the more my head hurts] but I can't recall instances of racism. There is some stereotyping, I guess. It wouldn't be uncommon to call Garth Murray a typical westerner, or a small high scoring center a typical player from the Q, even if neither is valid. Journalists take shots when they can. Joey Elias, a local comic, was doing a Theo routine when his family was in the news. I remember Michel Beaudry doing a routine about Hoglund that wasn't too nice. It's too easy to lump media together, or to cry race. I thought the way Theo was treated in some ways to be disgraceful. I imagine these guys, whether it be Melnick,Hickey,Fournier,Langlois,Dube,Gagnon, all arrive and work out of the same area in the Bell Ctr. Some are friends some aren't, I suspect it isn't one group sitting under the F and the other under the E. I hear a lot of franco media guys on English radio and television, which I think is great. It's a shame that some of these guys don't or can't reciprocate.

I just think we lump everyone together too much. If a guy on a Team morning show says Ribs stunk last night, it doesn't mean the station is out after the kid, it means that guy is. I imagine it's the same on RDS, if Chantelois has an opinion, he doesn't speak for Lavoie.

Old
05-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Transported Upstater

Ugh, is it too late for deleting my post? I feel like I hijacked a thread and drove it down the drain.

Much apologies, Habs fans. I should have known to shut my mouth. I feel like crap now.

I'm asking everyone to please ignore my post. I'll probably delete it soon, though I suppose it won't do much good.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 01:32 PM
BORAT

Habs should have a better showing than this year hopefully ... in the mean time ...

GO OILERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 01:36 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Ugh, is it too late for deleting my post? I feel like I hijacked a thread and drove it down the drain.

Much apologies, Habs fans. I should have known to shut my mouth. I feel like crap now.

I'm asking everyone to please ignore my post. I'll probably delete it soon, though I suppose it won't do much good.
story of my life, not knowing when to shut up. Well as my wife said when I told her the goat was eating her plants. There are worse things.

Old
05-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
story of my life, not knowing when to shut up. Well as my wife said when I told her the goat was eating her plants. There are worse things.
I have the same problem, but I still search for a wife and a goat.

Old
05-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Beatnik

Quote:

It's ok. Our sage brang us back on track