HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Gainey trade will involve a good prospect too.

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Any Gainey trade will involve a good prospect too.

The only way Bob Gainey is able to do any deal with out getting screwed over is he has to trade a valuable asset in return with a vet to get a quality player in return. Plus in all reality we all know that not every kid in Hamilton or in the Junior/College ranks and in Europe are going to make it in Montreal (let alone the NHL) or are going to be stars.

I would not be surprised to see Hossa involved in a deal with a vet, he isn't quite panning out like we all thought (not in Montreal any way) and he will never be the goal scorer we saw glimpses of in call-ups, and he won't be his brother that is for sure. But out of all the kids his trade value may be the highest because of the potential there, he can play but he needs a special coach to reach him, Julien couldn't do it in Hamilton and he can't do it in Montreal either.

Montreal as usual has always has the wingers but never have the centremen to feed the winges the puck to score. If a kid like Hossa is traded I hope he goes to the West because it is a trade that could bite us in the ass if he were to stay in the East.

I'm not one to panic and ask for trades, but if one were to happen I think everyone here has to wake up and realize that one of your favorite prospects may be involved.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
The only way Bob Gainey is able to do any deal with out getting screwed over is he has to trade a valuable asset in return with a vet to get a quality player in return. Plus in all reality we all know that not every kid in Hamilton or in the Junior/College ranks and in Europe are going to make it in Montreal (let alone the NHL) or are going to be stars.

I would not be surprised to see Hossa involved in a deal with a vet, he isn't quite panning out like we all thought (not in Montreal any way) and he will never be the goal scorer we saw glimpses of in call-ups, and he won't be his brother that is for sure. But out of all the kids his trade value may be the highest because of the potential there, he can play but he needs a special coach to reach him, Julien couldn't do it in Hamilton and he can't do it in Montreal either.

Montreal as usual has always has the wingers but never have the centremen to feed the winges the puck to score. If a kid like Hossa is traded I hope he goes to the West because it is a trade that could bite us in the ass if he were to stay in the East.

I'm not one to panic and ask for trades, but if one were to happen I think everyone here has to wake up and realize that one of your favorite prospects may be involved.

And that would suck, and we would still miss the playoffs, or even if we made it, we wouldn't go far with too soft players that wont pay the price to win. Why make a trade now when we are at the mercy of other teams, for what reason, so the stupid fans are happy? Our team isn't good and hasn't been, no one trade or GM can change that in a short time frame.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:58 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
And that would suck, and we would still miss the playoffs, or even if we made it, we wouldn't go far with too soft players that wont pay the price to win. Why make a trade now when we are at the mercy of other teams, for what reason, so the stupid fans are happy? Our team isn't good and hasn't been, no one trade or GM can change that in a short time frame.
That is my thought exactly, try telling that to many here on this board. I'm trying to tell them that is is too early to panic, that we aren't winners this year and that Gainey came here to win in the future not this year. We all have to ride this year together, and it will have as many ups as it has downs. It's all about the future and it will start to fall in place by next year.

EDIT: Anyone who thought we would be contenders this year were obviously miss lead some how or are real optamists.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:48 AM
silver cup

I really think that the Habs shouldn't trade any of their prospects either,but should consider trading future prospects (1st pick) with one or more of our more tradable vets to try and land a good solid player that this team can build around. I know people are going to ream me for wanting to tade the first pick, but I think a good solid player would be more benificial to the good group of rookies ready to come up in Montreal than a player that won't make the team for 2-4 years(if at all?)

Old
11-05-2003, 06:22 AM
Capitano

Prospects can only be prospects for so long. They eventually have to turn out or they can't be called prospects anymore. Some guys make it earlier than others. Gaborik for example, is young and he proved he's one of the top young players around. Bertuzzi took until he was 26 to prove that he was one of the top power forwards.

I guess what I'm saying is that I have no problem with BG trading any prospects, as long as it makes our team better. I've said it before, I'd much rather model the NJ system rather than Ottawa's.

Cap

Closed Thread