HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game Thread - Oilers 4 Habs 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 06:00 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Post Game Thread - Oilers 4 Habs 2

Oilers - 4 Habs -2

Well, what can we say.

Sheldon Souray is the Habs best defenceman.
He Shoots the Puck -> 11 Shots on Net
Souray leads the Habs in Goals. -> 5
Souray with a pair of big hits. -> Impressive

Stars.

3. Reasoner
2. Souray
1. Salo

ESPN Game Stats

--------------

As other posters have stated time and time again, we have a spoonful of players that consistently show up. If you were to ask me, I would tell you that Souray, Ward (payed the price for blocking a shot), Bégin, Koivu, and, possibly Ryder and Kilger, are the select group of Habs who are consistently up for every game.

Kilger was one of our better players tonight from what I can gather. He went to the net on Souray's second goal, and succesfully directed the Oiler's attention towards himself, setting up Sheldon for the blast. On that same powerplay, Kilger was buzzing around the net and nearly banged home a goal for himself, too. With his play tonight, he has showed that either him or Bulis maybe able to play on all three of the top lines. If Chad can consistently put forth a strong game, whether it be beside Juneau, Koivu, or Ribeiro, he makes us a much better team.

Poor Audette. He seems to work, only to have a string of bad plays bring his confidence down to a level so low that it makes him unable to function as a hockey player. If it were not against the rules, Donald would have been bought out already.

Julien seems to be fed up, too. Markov and Rivet were both under 17:00 of ice time tonight, Hossa was scratched, and Bulis played under 12:00 (although, this may have been due to his injury).

I think we will see Koivu back in the line-up on Friday, and we will see a fresh face by the time we're ready to play outdoors in Edmonton. I have a feeling his name begins with a Steve and ends with a Thomas, but that's probably just my own personal pipe dream.

Time to regroup, again. The boys will be skating (or running!) hard tomorrow.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:03 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Oilers - 4 Habs -2

Well, what can we say.

Sheldon Souray is the Habs best defenceman.
He Shoots the Puck -> 10 Shots on Net
Souray leads the Habs in Goals. -> 5
Souray with a pair of big hits. -> Impressive
11 shots.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:08 PM
RE-HABS

When Audette, Perreault and Kilger are your 1st unit on the PP you have problems.

That Jagr to Montreal for Koive/Brisebois doesn't sound too bad right now.

Jagr 1 g and 1 a tonight, with ice time in Montreal we have a legit scorer to go along with Zed who is in a funk big time.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:10 PM
habsfan19

shows you how much we suck when Sheldon Souray leads the team in goals and shoots more often than forwards

zednik is getting way too lazy
audette-perreault are getting way too useless

i dont know what we're going to do with this team, obviously not the playoffs

hahahaha, just saw replays on RDS, they showed a fan falling asleep

thats another thing, Habs games are getting more and more boring
but i guess thats hockey in general with the trap being played just about everywhere

Old
11-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Souray, again, looked like that lone star in a cloudy dark night for us (yes I'm a lousy poet).

Our forwards are just pathetic.

On a side note, can anyone see now what Hossa brought to that line? I like Ryder a lot, but the chemistry is definitelly not there between him and Zednik, while Ribs was invisible for most of the night.

This game was ugly at times, but just plain sad for most of it.

Is Audette BG's worst nightmare right now?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Wow! I don't know what to think about the Habs. After an impressive start, they just sucks!!! Let's see when Koivu will be back but a trade have to happen.

Rivet suck
Audette suck
Perrault his so-so
I don't know what is happening whit Zednik

That's terrible. Yvon Pedneault think, like many of us that BG is shopping for a new player.

***By the way Plekanec, Svitov is in Tampa Bay...

Old
11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Wildbeliefs

Rivet had the least amount of ice time (15:19) of all the Habs defensemen, and a team low -2. Will he get benched next game? One can only hope... It looks like a good time to bring in that one-man-wrecking-ball, Komisarek.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
CHareth

Get well, Saku!

Other random thoughts:

- rotate Hainsey back in; sit Bouillon
- call up Komisarek; sit Rivet
- Hossa in; Audette has an "accident" in practice

Old
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
When Audette, Perreault and Kilger are your 1st unit on the PP you have problems.

Jagr 1 g and 1 a tonight, with ice time in Montreal we have a legit scorer to go along with Zed who is in a funk big time.

Ok Jagr and Zednik, now who get's them the puck??? No more Koivu so no playmaking.

I would take Jagr but not if Koivu had to go because he would only do well if he was with Saku.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
Guriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
This is a gutless ******* team!

Perreault has obvious ECHLer skills! He could even not crack the Bulldogs' roster!

Pleks, Higgins, Svitov and Gratton all above him!

You make me sick with those comments, Perreault isn't the worst...

I think he registered some nice shots on net, he wasn't bad.

You should open your eyes and see the real problem in defense --> Rivet

Old
11-04-2003, 06:15 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Is Audette BG's worst nightmare right now?
Savards for trading to get him and Gaineys for not having hind site in the trade...it is biting them both in the ass no matter what because Gainey gave him the contract in the 1st place and Savard was stupid enough to get him for our UFA's in Rucinsky and Brunet.

Just think we could have none of these players if a trade wasn't made and 3 million would be free for a real player.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:16 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Zednik has been brutal. I'm looking forward to the day fans start realizing he's often the one that messes up with the offense on Ribeiro's line. He always bases his game on the same routine. Everytime he gets the puck, he skates with it along the boards, gets to the face off circle and takes a shot right in the goalie's chest. No creativity, no passes, no nothing. Richard does not show the determination we used to see from him in the past. I know I've been criticizing him many times in the past few days, but it's just too important for me not to pass by.

Did you see him on the PP? Did you really see him? Why does it always have to be him in front of the goalie's net? Why can't he fight for the puck like others? If he scored from the slot, that would be a different story. But that's not the case. In fact, he rarely even gets the puck, because he stays in place. He's not trying to get away from the opponant's defensive coverage.

Maybe he doesn't see the need for us to create offense. Maybe he doesn't realize we basically rely mostly on him for goal scoring? It's about time he gets it going, because he's painful to watch right now. He definatly has to shake things up. I hope Julien discusses with him. Am I the only one seeing this? I guess yes, because most people are always too kind with fan favorites. Therefore, Zednik is a fan favorite and people won't accept seeing him being criticized. I've been through that before.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:16 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Souray, again, looked like that lone star in a cloudy dark night for us (yes I'm a lousy poet).
Only so much a poet can do without inspiration.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:17 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Ok Jagr and Zednik, now who get's them the puck??? No more Koivu so no playmaking.

I would take Jagr but not if Koivu had to go because he would only do well if he was with Saku.

Unbiased Canadian
Riberio is an aweful passer? Keep Ribs, Zed and Hossa together and then put Ryder, Perreault and Jagr together. Perreault isn't the prettiest player but he could work with Jagr, if Kip Miller can who can't?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:19 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Oilers - 4 Habs -2

Well, what can we say.

Time to regroup, again. The boys will be skating (or running!) hard tomorrow.
500th post jl.roberts, congrats!

i wish it were under better circumstances though

Old
11-04-2003, 06:24 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Zednik has been brutal. I'm looking forward to the day fans start realizing he's often the one that messes up with the offense on Ribeiro's line. He always bases his game on the same routine. Everytime he gets the puck, he skates with it along the boards, gets to the face off circle and takes a shot right in the goalie's chest. No creativity, no passes, no nothing. Richard does not show the determination we used to see from him in the past. I know I've been criticizing him many times in the past few days, but it's just too important for me not to pass by.

Did you see him on the PP? Did you really see him? Why does it always have to be him in front of the goalie's net? Why can't he fight for the puck like others? If he scored from the slot, that would be a different story. But that's not the case. In fact, he rarely even gets the puck, because he stays in place. He's not trying to get away from the opponant's defensive coverage.

Maybe he doesn't see the need for us to create offense. Maybe he doesn't realize we basically rely mostly on him for goal scoring? It's about time he gets it going, because he's painful to watch right now. He definatly has to shake things up. I hope Julien discusses with him. Am I the only one seeing this? I guess yes, because most people are always too kind with fan favorites. Therefore, Zednik is a fan favorite and people won't accept seeing him being criticized. I've been through that before.
Zed has some real problems right now. He doesn't hustle at all and seems he just gave up until Koivu comes back. I could see him benched in a near future for one game to send him a message. Audette is awful but he tries, he's just completely finnished. Zednik, on the other hand, does not try half of the time. BTW CAN SOMEONE TELL HIM TO STOP THAT ONE HAND WRAP AROUND USELESS PLAY?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:25 PM
CHareth

Quote:

I think Jagr can still be one of the greatest players in the world, but he has way too much baggage right now.

The Comrie for Ribeiro+ proposals sound a lot better to me.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:27 PM
deandebean

The funny part of the game was when they showed the couple with the lady falling asleep and Pedneault analyzing her husband's wake-up-call technique. HIlarious.

The rest was fuddle duddle. Kilger played a solid game, but he has the tendency of falling asleep after 10 games. So let's wait and see. Souray can shoot. Now, only if he could stop making the bonehead plays in his zone sometimes. He's got a tendency of being sloppy. But hey! He scored 2 goals, so!

Markov is looking disgusting out there. No effort. Even got shifted by freaking Ethan "the diesel" Moreau. Shows no effort and seems to be mad about his icetime. Got benched. So did Rivet, not AT ALL a team player. This guy saw Oiler players jump twice on Garon and he did nothing. It took the cube to settle a score. Send him packing ASAP.

What the f... is Rich.....errrr.....Zednik doing on the ice? Got the same ol' 44 habits: touching his elbow protection and his helmet all the time, stop skating at the blue line, doesn't go in the corners anymore, shoots from every angle, even the dead ones.

Bulis is...well...same old Bulis of 2 years ago. Back to his old self. Big, strong and fast. Does nothing.

You tell me: what in the hell does Sundstrom bring to this lousy bunch of characters? And, with about 2 minutes to play, he's on the freaking ice!!!

Brisebois is absolutely fine on the PP. But Quintal is a goner. Can't hit anymore, seems 1 second behind the play. And shoots on shinpads on a great PP diamond setup. ugh.

Ribeiro is small and slow. But he did make some things happen. The problem is Zednik is f...all and Ryder, while working hard, is a stronger Mike Keane. Not a power forward.

Audette. Well, the smurf is a goner for sure. Poor him. He's working, but he's paired with Perreault. Talk about wasted space.

Garon? For those who thinks he should replace Theo, I've got news for you. A goalie that squats on the ice is a goalie with very poor technique. Garon uses the butterfly ad nauseam. That's all he knows. And when he's out of position, which is about once every 4 shots, he's squatting like a freaking swimmer out there. Shades of Racicot, Bergeron and the rest of the 2nd string goalies. He did not impress me. In fact, he's never impressed me since his junior years. Overrated is a euphemism.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:30 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
I think Jagr can still be one of the greatest players in the world, but he has way too much baggage right now.

The Comrie for Ribeiro+ proposals sound a lot better to me.
Jagr has had the career that he can act like a prime madonna, Comrie is just a spoiled rich kid that wants his own way.

Jagr is still in the elite, Comrie has never made it there and probably never will outside of Edmonton.

And this is for Plekanec...why do you think the season is lost and that we are going to be in last place? With a win we could go as high as 3rd overall in the East and currently sit 8th, the Caps are like 7 points behind maybe 5 with their win tonight. It's early and you panic way too much and go over board too.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:33 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Jagr has had the career that he can act like a prime madonna, Comrie is just a spoiled rich kid that wants his own way.

Jagr is still in the elite, Comrie has never made it there and probably never will outside of Edmonton.

And this is for Plekanec...why do you think the season is lost and that we are going to be in last place? With a win we could go as high as 3rd overall in the East and currently sit 8th, the Caps are like 7 points behind maybe 5 with their win tonight. It's early and you panic way too much and go over board too.
Good point... lots of time left in the season, and time for BG to help right this ship. Nobody has any patience anymore.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:33 PM
deandebean

What I saw tonight is a fast Oilers team with character, that plays its young guns in every situation. The same AHLers in Hamilton last season are having major ice time with this club, while our youngsters rot in steeltown.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
I could see him benched in a near future for one game to send him a message. Audette is awful but he tries, he's just completely finnished. Zednik, on the other hand, does not try half of the time.
That's what I'd do, that's for sure. What does he bring to the game guys like Begin and Sundstrom don't actually? Certainly not scoring chances, since he messes up every time he's close to having one. And I do agree he must stop THAT FREAKIN WRAP AROUND PLAY. It's useless, he's got no angle to shoot when he gets in front of the net, and a pass would be much more effective too. It would probably lead to more GOALS.

Richard, wake your *** up, ********. Ce gars-là a l'air de se crisser de tout ça a même pas de bon sens.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Anyone wants to hear the postgame show, here is the link...www.cjad.com

On the Post-game, they have said that Gainey was in active talks with Kevin Lowe, along with Los Angeles. They (Gabrielle) say that Lowe specifically wants Comrie in the Eastern conference, and will make sure that he is not playing in the West.

I like Comrie's fire. I like his skills, but I'm not sure I like his attitude.
If he can't handle the pressure of his hometown, how would he handle Montreal?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
There Is a rumor that Bob Gainey will fire Claude Julien and take is place behind the bench,have you heard of that guys???

anyway here is the link

http://www.radio-canada.ca/url.asp?/...absMatch.shtml

Old
11-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
What I saw tonight is a fast Oilers team with character, that plays its young guns in every situation. The same AHLers in Hamilton last season are having major ice time with this club, while our youngsters rot in steeltown.
Right.

The fact is that Higgins, Hossa, Plekanec, Hainsey, Komisarek should all be in the NHL right now given Montreal's position. And they're not. Discouraging, to say the least.

Closed Thread