HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks going to orange and black?

Old
05-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

vCash: 500
I honestly don't care if they use our colors.

Those black things the Flyers wear now are terrible, as are the orange ones with the funky logo. The old orange ones should come back.

I have a feeling these Ducks jerseys arn't going to look all that great. I was actually excited a few weeks back when I thought they were going to try orange and green, but now not so much.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 05:28 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2080
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypensfan
Yeah but didnt't the Bruins originally have the jerseys that were brown and yellow and then change? What exactly caused them to have a fit over it anyways?

The Penguins changed their colors to be in unison with the Pirates and Steelers who won titles around that time. Gee Wally can probably add to this, too. This is from the Pens' web site:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/hi...rm_history.php

Boston protested the color change to the NHL, arguing that black and gold had always been exclusively associated with the Bruins. However, the Penguins prevailed by virtue of a precedent set by the Pittsburgh Pirates hockey club of the late 1920ís, which sported the colors. The Pensí new uniforms were the same design as the previous ones, with black replacing dark blue and gold replacing light blue. From 1981-82 through the 1984-85 season, the team alternated wearing gold sweaters with white at home.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I love the black one but don't want to see it used with any regularity. The white one seems traditional (meaning I like it) and the orange one is aweful. What were they thinking with the white sleeves and the modified logo? Eh, to each their own I guess.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote