HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn

Old
05-26-2006, 01:37 PM
hab

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn

every thread I read involves kostitsyn not only making the team but playing on the

1st to 3rd line.... I keep thinking the guy was drafted to be a top line scoring

winger and he has not reached that level even in the AHL, whats the big rush. I

dont think we would be holding back the guys development considering he has a

ways to go before he cracks the top 20 scorers in the AHL, it would realy only

be hurting his ego.(and no, I dont think his 47 points in 60 whatever games and

improved defence is even close to being called a top offensive player in the AHL,

no matter how much you love the guy...)

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 01:45 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Players with superstar potential (AK is one IMO) should play in the NHL. I'm sick and tired of seeing the Habs let those kind of players rot in the minors for two long. Guys like Higgins, Plekanec and Chipchura need the AHL to polish their games but talent like Perezoghin and Kostistyn or even Latendresse need to be in the NHL in order to grow. I mean Getzlaf, Perry, Bergeron, Carter and Richards are all in the NHL and I think that Kost has as much talent as all of them so why not play him in the NHL with our better player like Boston, Anaheim and Philly have done?

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 01:48 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Players with superstar potential (AK is one IMO) should play in the NHL. I'm sick and tired of seeing the Habs let those kind of players rot in the minors for two long. Guys like Higgins, Plekanec and Chipchura need the AHL to polish their games but talent like Perezoghin and Kostistyn or even Latendresse need to be in the NHL in order to grow. I mean Getzlaf, Perry, Bergeron, Carter and Richards are all in the NHL and I think that Kost has as much talent as all of them so why not play him in the NHL with our better player like Boston, Anaheim and Philly have done?
Kosty has as much talent as Bergeron, Carter, etc? You gotta be kidding me.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 01:50 PM
LeGars Du Cable

I don't understand how we can ALREADY loose faith in him. he's only 21 years for God sakes, give him the time to mature. He's definately not a bust !

LeGars Du Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
Well, if he has not as much talent as them, why was he picked BEFORE them?

Old
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Agreed.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 01:54 PM
LeGars Du Cable

Quote:
he have more and we will see soon. Call me crazy but he will be awesome in the new NHL. I'm not gving up on him!

Old
05-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Kostitsyn absolutely does have as much "talent" as those guys. Is he as complete a player? No, absolutely not. Does he have other weaknesses that they don't? Yes. Is he as far along in his development as they are? No, certainly not. Does he have much greater bust potential than they do? Obviously, yes.

But talent is not something AK is lacking.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 01:57 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Kostitsyn absolutely does have as much "talent" as those guys. Is he as complete a player? No, absolutely not. Does he have other weaknesses that they don't? Yes. Is he as far along in his development as they are? No, certainly not. Does he have much greater bust potential than they do? Obviously, yes.

But talent is not something AK is lacking.
I think you sum it up perfectly. AK as all the potential in the world. Now, it is the job of the management to place him in the situation where he will be able to reach that potential. Playing with guys like Koivu and Kovalev wouldn't hurt for sure.

Old
05-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

On pure talent only, sure he has way more of that than any of Bergeron and the rest....

On adapting your game for the NHL, on being more complete player, on how to develop yourself, he has a long way to go to be on par with those guys.

Having said that, it's plain stupid to think he'll be a bust at this stage. Those people will be the first to criticized the org. if we trade him and then he becomes what is expected of him. We did that too much already, hope we learned our lesson.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Beakermania*

Its time for him to play in the big time. Play with/against better competition is the only way to improve and for him to continue to develop its time for him to go to Montreal.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:01 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
On pure talent only, sure he has way more of that than any of Bergeron and the rest....

On adapting your game for the NHL, on being more complete player, on how to develop yourself, he has a long way to go to be on par with those guys.

Having said that, it's plain stupid to think he'll be a bust at this stage. Those people will be the first to criticized the org. if we trade him and then he becomes what is expected of him. We did that too much already, hope we learned our lesson.....
You know why we lost all of those guys over the years? It is because they never had to chance to play or we gave up on them to soon. AK is no Marcel Hossa or Hollywood Ron, he will be good if given the chance.

Old
05-26-2006, 02:06 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I agree with everyone.

Playing in the NHL will help him and staying in Hamilton won't hurt him. Funny how that works, eh?

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGars Du Cable
I don't understand how we can ALREADY loose faith in him. he's only 21 years for God sakes, give him the time to mature. He's definately not a bust !
T'as même pas lu les messages avant le tien lol.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:09 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
You know why we lost all of those guys over the years? It is because they never had to chance to play or we gave up on them to soon. AK is no Marcel Hossa or Hollywood Ron, he will be good if given the chance.
I wonder what guys you are talking about because we haven't had any of those kind of "guys" for a long time. Only since Savard has come here that prospects can actually be counted on to contribute.

Old
05-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Exactly, so why some people already want to give up on him while the guy had 13 NHL games experience while playing something like 2 minutes per game???

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:13 PM
hab

this thread has gotten away from my topic, I DO think he has talent, NEVER said he

didnt... just wondering if the NHL is the place for a guy who is not a top line winger

in the AHL... and guys like carter, richards, and getzlaf dominated in the AHL, your

talking about different levels of development all together.

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
I wonder what guys you are talking about because we haven't had any of those kind of "guys" for a long time. Only since Savard has come here that prospects can actually be counted on to contribute.
Beauchemin is a good example...

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM
LeGars Du Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
T'as même pas lu les messages avant le tien lol.
lol, non, ben jsuis du genre a lire le 1er (ou genre les autres davant sur le meme sujet) et je marque mon message ... depuis que je lis sur ce board, je vois plein de monde dénigrer le talent de Kost , fac jpensais que cetait la meme chose la ...

Old
05-26-2006, 02:31 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
Beauchemin is a good example...
I thought he was referring to impact players. We haven't had any to lose in a long time.

As for the reasonnnig that he should dominate the AHL before going to the NHL it's never that simple.
Higgins had about 30 goals in the AHL and 23 in the NHL , he didn't dominate in either but those stats aren't that far off. Besides you have to consider how horrible that Bulldogs' team really is. They will never dominate anyone even if Kost stayed there until he's 30. So what's the point staying on a bad team?

You also have to look at how he handled the NHL.

Old
05-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab
this thread has gotten away from my topic, I DO think he has talent, NEVER said he

didnt... just wondering if the NHL is the place for a guy who is not a top line winger

in the AHL... and guys like carter, richards, and getzlaf dominated in the AHL, your

talking about different levels of development all together.
sXe had some good points in his last post...I will give you another point:

Bergeron never played in the AHL...how come? Because he was just ready for the NHL at the age of 18. But before that, did he dominated the Q? I don't think so...he didn't even had a 80 points season. Not that good if you ask me. But even if he wasn't a star in the Q, he's now a pretty damn good NHL player.

So do you still think that Kost needs to be a top scorer in the AHL before comming into the NHL?

And there's also the possibility to see Kostitsyn has a better NHLer then a AHLer...his coach said that a while ago, and I fully agree with him.

Last thing, did you saw Kostitsyn in the NHL for at least one of his 12 games? He was only on the 4th line playing like 5 minutes a game and he was still creating scoring chances and always forchecking the opposition...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Top Corner2

didn't Lever say he thinks that Kost will be a better player in the NHL than AHL because he will be playing with better talent.

I've seen Kost play live in Hamilton and her in Montreal and he was much more impressive in Montreal. I think it's partly because there is less attention paid to him and partly because he's the kind of player that will need good linemates.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 03:17 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2
didn't Lever say he thinks that Kost will be a better player in the NHL than AHL because he will be playing with better talent.

I've seen Kost play live in Hamilton and her in Montreal and he was much more impressive in Montreal. I think it's partly because there is less attention paid to him and partly because he's the kind of player that will need good linemates.
He has an awesome shot. He is already almost at Ryders level from what I could see.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
He has an awesome shot. He is already almost at Ryders level from what I could see.
If not better

I saw a shot from Kostitsyn in one of the WC clip and it was crazy...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 03:29 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I think that Kostitsyn is the most overrated player in our organisation, by far.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote