HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Must be signed before June 1st

Old
05-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Aarex

vCash: 500
Must be signed before June 1st

Does anyone have a list of who must be signed before we lose their rights? (if any)

I had a quick look and couldn't find a thread already.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 04:12 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Loic Lacasse
Greg Stewart
Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin
Jon Gleed

(not 100% sure)
Tomas Linhart
Konstantin Korneev
Joni Puurula
Johan Eneqvist
Alexander Buturlin

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 05:40 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
Loic Lacasse
Greg Stewart
Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin
Jon Gleed

(not 100% sure)
Tomas Linhart
Konstantin Korneev
Joni Puurula
Johan Eneqvist
Alexander Buturlin
I'd sign Stewart, and I'd try to sign Korneev. I'd also sign Gleed and send him to the ECHL. The rest of them either suck, or don't want to come over.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:05 PM
tinyzombies

What a pack of wimps...

Sign Korneev and let the rest go play violin.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:10 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Loic Lacasse
Greg Stewart
Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin
Jon Gleed

(not 100% sure)
Tomas Linhart
Konstantin Korneev
Joni Puurula
Johan Eneqvist
Alexander Buturlin
I'd sign Gleed for the ECHL, Korneev for the ECHL/AHL and Buturlin for the AHL.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:19 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

oh man, June 1st's comming very fast, two days

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
oh man, June 1st's comming very fast, two days
Gainey will sign at the last second looool

Talent Analyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
I'd sign Stewart, and I'd try to sign Korneev. I'd also sign Gleed and send him to the ECHL. The rest of them either suck, or don't want to come over.
I really wonder why you think Stewart should be signed while Dulac-Lemelin and Lacasse should be left without a contract.... I mean, the guy, although 19, finnished 9th in scoring on his team.... does he have any caracteristic that isn't shown by his stats?

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:46 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
I really wonder why you think Stewart should be signed while Dulac-Lemelin and Lacasse should be left without a contract.... I mean, the guy, although 19, finnished 9th in scoring on his team.... does he have any caracteristic that isn't shown by his stats?
He had a ****** season, but he has shown the ability to improve in the past. He was voted the most underrated player by the OHL coaches this season. I'm just not willing to give up on him just yet. At the worst, he can be sent down to the ECHL for a few years before we make a final verdict on him. He's the type of player that can come back and haunt us at some point in the future.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Slick Nick

I like Stewart too, saw him at the prospect camp last year.. was quite impressive for a late rounder.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:53 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
Yeah. He's a good checker, he's physical...with ok skills. I dunno but I read somewhere that he's a real good guy with some leadership skills. I'd sign him...he might become a special 4th liner for us. I'd forget the stats...but last year...he really improved his numbers.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Marchy79

Of the June First Candidates... I would sign, or release... It would be as such:

Loic Lacasse -Release
Greg Stewart -Sign
Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin -Release
Jon Gleed -Sign

(not 100% sure)
Tomas Linhart -Small Attempt of signing...
Konstantin Korneev -Small Attempt of signing (ask for his thoughts of his playing career)
Joni Puurula -Small Attempt of signing
Johan Eneqvist -Release
Alexander Buturlin -Sign

So all in all, I think we should attempt to keep the rights to:
Greg Stewart, John Gleed, and Alexander Buturlin.
Dulac-Lemelin, Eneqvist, and LaCasse were apparently disappointments this year...
Linhart is interesting, only because it's been a few years since his OHL flop. Korneev is intriguing, but he may have his heart set to stay in Russia. Puurula is a decent goalie, but we have a few in the system, and he certainly down the ladder in terms of prospects now.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 08:27 PM
eddy

I'd like to see the Habs sign Stewart and Gleed for the ECHL. Take a crack at Buturlin though it's doughtful and make attempts at Korneev and Linhart because we could use the help on D, but there doughtful as well.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Like the others, Stewart and Gleed should be signed. And I'll make another attempt on Buturlin, the rest you can forget about them though I'll give an outside chance to Korneev, but I won't cry if he's not.

But Buturlin, in the end, could become the best of the three, easily,....

On the other side, I could Gainey signing no one as well. You could potentially find checkers like Stewart on any other teams that are either non-draftees or released players from other teams. Same for Gleed as he may remind them of Archer, defensive d-men with no offensive upside at all. And Buturlin, may never come here so don't be surprised if nothing happen.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst
Gainey will sign at the last second looool

yeah I don't know why seriously. I've been waiting for news every day.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Mtl6

Personnaly, I'd sign

Stewart: Seems like an intense guy and he could bring energy on Hamilton's fourth line.

Korneev: I always tought that guy had huge potential, we really should give him the chance to play in North America.

Gleed: We drafted him 2 years ago as an overager and it must be because he has something.

Lacasse: Actually, I don't beleive in that guy. But think about it: Huet and Danis in Montreal with Aebischer elsewhere, Halak and Michaud in Hamilton. What would happen (Unlikely I know) if we lose all our goaltenders to injuries (Yes I touched wood) like Atlanta this year?

Basically, I would sign them because they couls bring depth in Hamilton and help the team out.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 11:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Loic Lacasse
Greg Stewart
Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin
Jon Gleed

(not 100% sure)
Tomas Linhart
Konstantin Korneev
Joni Puurula
Johan Eneqvist
Alexander Buturlin

Gleed doesn't have to be signed by June 1st. For whatever reason the date for NCAAers is something like August 15th. (not 100% on the date) it would make a lot more sense to have it on the same day as everyone else but it's not.

There's also some talk that all Russians get an extra year to be signed due to them not being a part of the new PTA. But I don't know if that's official. I read something in Redline, but it was wrong to start with so I can't go by what they said. The example Woodleif used was Malkin who was picked in '04, saying he would have to be signed this June 1st (which is dead wrong) but because of the Russians not signing the IIHF deal Pitt would have till '08 (which is what they have regardless since the 2004 class of Euros is the final class to be grandfathered in, starting with '02 in '06, '03 in '07 and '04 in '08)

Either way I don't think we'll see either one of Korneev or Buturlin. And to those that say send him to Hamilton, he made 350K+ this year, seems unlikely he would give that up for 50-60K. I believe he just signed with CSKA, which could likely mean he won't sign. Buturlin I don't know what the take is on him from a management standpoint. Personally I'd be interested in seeing what he can do, he's big, decent strength and skills but I would be surprised if he came over.

The rest of the older Euros I don't expect to see either but that's just a guess. I did hear that Kim Staal said he feels he is ready for the NHL after having a good WC's with Denmark. There have been rumors of him coming over in the past but he never did. At 28 I dont expect to see him either but I always thought he would make an interesting 4th liner if he could stay healthy.

I would like to see Stewart signed out of all of them. He's a good energy guy that will do whatever he can to help his team win. I read in the interview where his agent is talking with Gainey but we'll see if he's signed or not. I have liked what I've seen from him although his offensive upside seems to be the biggest question mark.

Gleed I also want to see signed, I have my doubts since they let Glenn walk but Gleed is smarter and a harder worker, good PKer.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I think Stewart is the only one I'd make any particular effort to sign. Korneev would be interesting, but one has to assume he'll make tons more in Russia than he could in Hamilton. I'd be sure to send him an offer, though, just to make sure he remembers we were interested, because if he ever does break through down the road, maybe he'll still remember us fondly when it comes time to sign for better $$$ with somebody as an unrestricted free agent.

I usually refer to Stewart as the prototypical Ed Ronan type. He works hard, he has an NHL-calibre physical package, but I don't think he will ever have NHL calibre skills. If he's willing to accept a contract that basically provides him with the league minimum amounts, 3-way including the ECHL, then I think he's worth extending that contract to. He'll be a "safe" sort of guy who can grind up and down his wing and jostle in the crease, but I doubt he ever scores 10 goals even at the AHL level. Garth Murray didn't do that either, but he has a bit of a role in the NHL right now. Stewart has about that absolute maximum upside, and he probably would never hurt you if you had to call him up on an emergency basis one day.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Jamina

Ilkka Mikkola

Jamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 12:39 PM
yellowsharpie16

Stewart had a great season for the Petes, scoring 24 goals. He dropped off a bit from the end of February through the playoffs, but he did have a couple of injuries this year and that affected him. You'll never find another player that works as hard as he does night in and night out. At the level he's at now he's a pretty complete player, he scores, he fights, he hits, he gets in the corners and makes traffic in front of the net. His skill improves every time he plays. I hope Montreal signs him but it wouldn't suck if they sent him back to the OHL for one more year (although if they sign him he'll be somewhere in the system, so darn to that).

PS Has anyone heard if he is close to signing?

yellowsharpie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 12:49 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a maximum number of signed players you can have under the new CBA? That could play an important role also.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsharpie16
Stewart had a great season for the Petes, scoring 24 goals. He dropped off a bit from the end of February through the playoffs, but he did have a couple of injuries this year and that affected him. You'll never find another player that works as hard as he does night in and night out. At the level he's at now he's a pretty complete player, he scores, he fights, he hits, he gets in the corners and makes traffic in front of the net. His skill improves every time he plays. I hope Montreal signs him but it wouldn't suck if they sent him back to the OHL for one more year (although if they sign him he'll be somewhere in the system, so darn to that).

PS Has anyone heard if he is close to signing?
Nope, there's no news whatsoever that Gainey will do or won't do something. But again, that's Gainey, are we surprised???

Old
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a maximum number of signed players you can have under the new CBA? That could play an important role also.
Is that that ''list of 50'' we hear some people talking about??? If not, I have no idea.

Old
05-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Is that that ''list of 50'' we hear some people talking about??? If not, I have no idea.
Yeah, the maximum number of signed players is 50. You can have 90 players on the reserve list (players who you own the rights to), but only a max of 50 signed to SPCs. So that might come into it... figure you'll have 23 right off the bat at the NHL level, and then you've got room for just 27 more to fill out the Hamilton roster, any ECHL spots, plus perhaps a few junior kids you sign in advance of their graduation from junior... it could conceivably get tight enough to squeeze out a borderline guy like Stewart.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Yeah, the maximum number of signed players is 50. You can have 90 players on the reserve list (players who you own the rights to), but only a max of 50 signed to SPCs. So that might come into it... figure you'll have 23 right off the bat at the NHL level, and then you've got room for just 27 more to fill out the Hamilton roster, any ECHL spots, plus perhaps a few junior kids you sign in advance of their graduation from junior... it could conceivably get tight enough to squeeze out a borderline guy like Stewart.
Thanks. Is there a way to find out about our list of 50???