HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Valeri Bure

Old
06-13-2006, 12:30 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
He's back on the market. Although he may try to stay in California given his and his wife's desire to live there.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
He's back on the market. Although he may try to stay in California given his and his wife's desire to live there.
Using my expert logic, I predict Bure will end up in Denver next season because his wife obviously wants to be closer to god, and the Avalanche are, elevationally speaking, the closest hockey team to Him.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones
Some people want him because he could be a good depth player at about $1,000,000.

Some people don't want him because he's very injury prone.

Me? I'm the latter
I'm with you. On the other hand, I'd have no problem just inviting him to camp to evaluate where he is health-wise - with no promises made.
If he'd be willing to play with the team through the pre-season without a contract, I'd let him do that, too. But I'd be real leery of offering a contract.
If he looks healthy & plays well, it'd be a question of who else is fighting for the spot - and where they're at.
But I certainly wouldn't be in any hurry to sign him.
(BTW, is there any chance *I* could get $1M for not playing hockey for a year? I'd really like that)

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 01:27 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
I'm with you. On the other hand, I'd have no problem just inviting him to camp to evaluate where he is health-wise - with no promises made.
If he'd be willing to play with the team through the pre-season without a contract, I'd let him do that, too.
I understand...it's hard to quit injury cold turkey...just one more sweet, injury-riddled season and then you promise, you'll join a program and get clean, right?

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 11:34 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte!
Using my expert logic, I predict Bure will end up in Denver next season because his wife obviously wants to be closer to god, and the Avalanche are, elevationally speaking, the closest hockey team to Him.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Jesus christ, that's what Candace Cameron looks like now? She aged like Mark Hamill....I can't believe she's only 30 years old.

Yikes.
Well according to her website and her walk with Christ, I'm not a very good person and I'm damned to Hell I need to change my ways quickly and walk the walk that she and Valeri walk. I must be saved

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 02:11 AM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney
Well according to her website and her walk with Christ, I'm not a very good person and I'm damned to Hell I need to change my ways quickly and walk the walk that she and Valeri walk. I must be saved
If she confronts you about it, remind her gently about the time DJ almost ran off to get married with Steve and only Danny Tanner was able to stop the unholy union from taking place.

Old
06-14-2006, 03:06 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
If she confronts you about it, remind her gently about the time DJ almost ran off to get married with Steve and only Danny Tanner was able to stop the unholy union from taking place.
Does it not scare you at all that you have particular episodes from Full House memorized?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
I think she'll still try and save me!

Old
06-14-2006, 10:53 AM
guzmania

Warning: Pro Religion Rant

Being religious or believing in a higher power doesn't make one "stupid" by definition. I probably don't agree with the things which Mrs. Bure espouses entirely. I've been on both sides of this argument. But St. Paul says "test everything", then decide from your experience. My experience says that you can't go too far wrong with the ten commandments. You decide. Take a close look. This ain't a read-through. At the end of the day don't hate what you've done with the gift of your life. Just my opinion.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 01:03 PM
spudboy

I believe he would be eligible to receive a lower base contract laden with bonuses because he missed last season due to injury. Really, the Kings wouldn't have to risk much other than using up that roster spot.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Does it not scare you at all that you have particular episodes from Full House memorized?

Old
06-15-2006, 05:30 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
perhaps there have been religous ppl/Christians who have presented the system of Christianity in that way....if that was the case, then it was a very overly simplistic representation of Christianity to such a degree that it twists it into something hateful and evil....now if this is what promted your statement, then i'd have to say that your statement is equally as uneducated...

hey, i'm not trying to turn this into some theological debate in a Kings forum...i just cant resist resonding to a very rude, uneducated and intentionally hurtful post to a certain group of ppl

i'm sure most ppl dont want to be a part of this discussion, so if you want to lash back, then PM me....we can discuss it further...

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Though you may disagree with the need for it, you should appreciate that strangers care that much about you, at least enough to not mock them for it. That's my 0.02.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
perhaps there have been religous ppl/Christians who have presented the system of Christianity in that way....if that was the case, then it was a very overly simplistic representation of Christianity to such a degree that it twists it into something hateful and evil....now if this is what promted your statement, then i'd have to say that your statement is equally as uneducated...

hey, i'm not trying to turn this into some theological debate in a Kings forum...i just cant resist resonding to a very rude, uneducated and intentionally hurtful post to a certain group of ppl

i'm sure most ppl dont want to be a part of this discussion, so if you want to lash back, then PM me....we can discuss it further...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Though you may disagree with the need for it, you should appreciate that strangers care that much about you, at least enough to not mock them for it. That's my 0.02.

I was not trying to be hurtful, rude nor uneducated. I find Candice and her brother to be a little over the top and bible thumper's IMO and I don't like having religion slammed down my throat like that. Who is to say that I am "damned to hell" and not "saved" anyhow? Based on the test given on that website??? I was trying to make a somewhat of a joke about that, it seems you all took it a bit serious.

Frankly you know nothing of me nor my religious beliefs, I just chose not to throw them in anyones face. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this further.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Old
06-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Blikian29

Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
I don't care if the guy worships fire... If healthy, at $1 mill, Bure will be steal of this offseason. i.e. Selanne for Anaheim this season.

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 04:53 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian19
I don't care if the guy worships fire... If healthy, at $1 mill, Bure will be steal of this offseason. i.e. Selanne for Anaheim this season.
Agreed

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 05:29 PM
guzmania

Serious questions:

How does everyone know Val Bure will heal? How does everyone know Miller won't?

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
Serious questions:

How does everyone know Val Bure will heal? How does everyone know Miller won't?
I think we all know the answer to that question.

Old
06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Val's got the big guy upstairs on his side whereas Miller doesn't?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Riposte, have you been sniffing the Elmer's again? I like that movie, but I fail to see the connection here

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Riposte, have you been sniffing the Elmer's again? I like that movie, but I fail to see the connection here
It's pretty obvious to me that one of the extremely loyal Kings fans from this board got Pete Demers to shrink him down to a molecular size, stuff him inside a submarine, and then get injected subcutaneously into both Aaron Miller and Valeri Bure. After a whirlwhind tour of both players' innards, he was retrieved from the wonderful restrooms in El Segundo, restored to normal proportions, and then gave me the results of his thorough examination via PM: Aaron Miller's spine is actually made out of balsa wood shards that have been Scotch-taped back together in random order and Valeri Bure, being Russian, was manufactured out of iron in Leningrad.

Also, for the record, I hate the smell of Elmer's glue, but I am very partial to gasoline.

Old
06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:

Also, for the record, I hate the smell of Elmer's glue, but I am very partial to gasoline.

Model glue is the best. I use to love sitting for hours building those model planes.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Model glue is the best. I use to love sitting for hours building those model planes.
Did they ever come out looking like the front of the box picture?

Old
06-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Did they ever come out looking like the front of the box picture?

No....I was lucky if all of the pieces were included. It was kind of like spending a week on a 5,000 piece puzzle and at the end realizing you were missing a couple of pieces.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote