HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread about Trade Proposals

Old
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Ape Clutch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
The Thread about Trade Proposals

Just have two things to say really

1.If your trade proposal already exists. Or 3/4 of the players are already mentioned in another proposal in a another thread. Please write your trade Proposal in that Thread

2. Concerning trades for Superstars, and how they are impossible + cost you your farm. Those days are over.
See:
Pronger Trade
Jagr Trade
Thornton Trade <-- big time

New reality. In the Salary Cap world, if a team cannot afford a player/superstar, he will go for nothing. (see Thornton)

Conclusion: Vinny trades are not impossible...yes its God Damn friggin Vinny... but Thornton >> Vinny. And there is no need to start a new thread everytime a new proposal comes along.

Discusss

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
2. Concerning trades for Superstars, and how they are impossible + cost you your farm. Those days are over.
See:
Pronger Trade
Jagr Trade
Thornton Trade <-- big time

New reality. In the Salary Cap world, if a team cannot afford a player/superstar, he will go for nothing. (see Thornton)
I dunno... not that such trades are impossible, but I just woulda thought people should try to consider all the reasons why such players would be traded. $$$ can be a big part... if a team is going broke or feels they're getting robbed by a player's poor showing (Fedorov, Jagr)... or a player is an impending free agent who they might not be able to re-sign (Pronger?)... or is just on the outs with management and seems to be some kind of poison somehow (Jagr again, Thornton)...

None of which seems to apply to Lecavalier, though. TB loves him, they don't have $$$ issues, Vinnie loves them in return (so would I if they gave me that much money), etc... superstars (or players paid like superstars) could be traded, but I'll never understand why people think Lecavalier would qualify in that category of availability. Unless you're Steve Simmons' mom, maybe. Somebody has to believe him, I guess.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote