HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parrish Rumors/Speculation Continue

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Parrish Rumors/Speculation Continue

Minnesota Takes Wiemer; Parrish Next to Go?
Newsday, November 14, 2003

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

“With second-year forward Mattias Weinhandl (recovering from offseason ankle surgery) close to a call-up from Bridgeport, there could be another deal or two on the horizon to free up more roster and payroll space. Blackhawks GM Bob Pulford has been in touch with Milbury recently, according to a source.

”But a notable spectator at the Coliseum last night was Atlanta Thrashers GM Don Waddell, who is searching for forward help after an injury to Marc Savard and could have an interest in forward Mark Parrish.”

For certain, pure speculation and nothing much new from Newsday. And, personally, do not endorse a move of Parrish at this time, at all. But then again, I don't have to manage their budget.

So, let's play along. :p Remember, Isles' priority would be to reduce payroll. (Translation: receive inexpensive prospect[s] in return! No players who would be added to the NHL roster at this time!)

Blackhawks: Parrish for LW prospect Alexander Kojevnikov and a #2? Parrish for D prospect Michal Barinka and a #2?

Thrashers: Parrish for D prospect Kirill Safronov and a #2?

Old
11-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Minnesota Takes Wiemer; Parrish Next to Go?
Newsday, November 14, 2003

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

“With second-year forward Mattias Weinhandl (recovering from offseason ankle surgery) close to a call-up from Bridgeport, there could be another deal or two on the horizon to free up more roster and payroll space. Blackhawks GM Bob Pulford has been in touch with Milbury recently, according to a source.

”But a notable spectator at the Coliseum last night was Atlanta Thrashers GM Don Waddell, who is searching for forward help after an injury to Marc Savard and could have an interest in forward Mark Parrish.”

For certain, pure speculatation and nothing much new from NewsDay. But let's play along. :p (And remember, Isles' priority would be to reduce payroll. (Translation: receive inexpensive prospect[s] in return! No players who would be added to the NHL roster at this time!)

Blackhawks: Parrish for LW prospect Alexander Kojevnikov and a #2? Parrish for D prospect Michal Barinka and a #2?

One thing to keep in mind here: Newsday has been reasonably accurate lately. So, I tend to believe that something could happen.

11-13-2003, 08:21 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
A rumor was that Parrish was coming to Minnesota...but take that with a grain of salt and then some.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Jones23

It may happen,but I can't see it happening right away as Weinhandl is still recovering,Scatchard is injured and Hunter,Papineau,Mapletoft and Bergenheim are all just rookies.

Parrish will be needed as he was tonight and over a long season his goals would be dearly missed if he was traded for nothing that helps now.

Wasn't Parrish are only legitimate scoring winger at the beginning of the season?

Wiemer was expendable...Parrish isn't!

Old
11-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Michalek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeca
It may happen,but I can't see it happening right away as Weinhandl is still recovering,Scatchard is injured and Hunter,Papineau,Mapletoft and Bergenheim are all just rookies.

Parrish will be needed as he was tonight and over a long season his goals would be dearly missed if he was traded for nothing that helps now.

Wasn't Parrish are only legitimate scoring winger at the beginning of the season?

Wiemer was expendable...Parrish isn't!
who is in your opinion then?

Old
11-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
who is in your opinion then?

What makes you think that a mediocre team like the Isles has "expendable" players to begin with? Isles may wind up making some moves to bring down the payroll, but it isn't like they have depth to spare. Trades like this are going to hurt the team big time.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:11 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I think as it stands, the best move is no move except a BIG over-payment from somebody for the Isles right now. I mean everything seems like it could be sliding into place. Finaly a first line - not just Yashin and some other dudes. Peca looks healthy - and should contend for the Selke again this year. When Scatchard is back he is probably in the top two or three third line centers in the NHL. Goaltending has been adequate atleast and will only get better with Rick D. improving more and more through out the year. Also there happens to be, for my money, the best top four in the Eastern Conference. I mean there are FOUR Big minutes top pairing Dmen (ok, Kenny J. probably isn't top pairing, but he's an elite second pairing Dman). Niinimaa and Aucoin are two of the best horses in the game for eating minutes and Hamrlik is one of the best rounded Dmen in the league. I just hope that Mad Mike will stand pat and let this team play before it's torn apart!

Old
11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
This would probably work if the Isles were going to move him. Maybe make it a 3rd?

Old
11-13-2003, 11:29 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
the best top four in the Eastern Conference. I mean there are FOUR Big minutes top pairing Dmen (ok, Kenny J. probably isn't top pairing, but he's an elite second pairing Dman).
Ottawa and New Jersey both have better top four D than the Islanders.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:52 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
You coudl say that, but I'd go to war w/ the Islander's top 4 D any day of the week.

Old
11-14-2003, 02:45 AM
JimEIV

Aucion is awesome and very under rated.........

Matter of fact, I'd rather have Aucion over ANY Ottawa D-man, if I could only pick 1 from either team I'd go with Aucion

Old
11-14-2003, 03:09 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

Just because i think that Chara is overrated.

Ill do parrish for Kloucek

Old
11-14-2003, 04:42 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12

You have to be joking.

trade a 26 yr old who averages 24 goals a yr, for a project defensive prospect, who's had knee injury(injuries)?

Old
11-14-2003, 06:35 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
Aucion is awesome and very under rated.........

Matter of fact, I'd rather have Aucion over ANY Ottawa D-man, if I could only pick 1 from either team I'd go with Aucion
I agree that he is awesome and very under rated, but I think that you are kidding yourself if you think he is better than redden.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:08 AM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
I'm a huge Islanders fan but I'd take both Ottawas and New Jerseys' top 4 over the Islanders six out of seven days a week. The only reason I'd take the Isles on the 7th day is because Scott Stevens is 8,000 years old.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:28 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12

Where do I sign up?

Old
11-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I agree that he is awesome and very under rated, but I think that you are kidding yourself if you think he is better than redden.
Straight up tough call. I don't know if I can pick one over the other. Both are solid.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:49 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Isles top four:
Niinimaa
Hamrlik
Aucoin
Jonsson
NJD top four:
Stevens
Rafalski
White
Neidermayer
OTT top four:
Chara
Redden
Phillips
Rachunek

IMO, although the Devils and Sens have slightly better top pairings, there second pairings aren't nearly as good as the Isles second pairing. Phillips is coming around, but isn't a top pairing Dman around the league. Rachunek is the same case - although different type of player. Stevens is ancient and is slow - more of a top four now, not top pairing. Neidermayer doesn't score enough or isn't physical enough to be a top pairing Dman.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:58 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Isles top four:
Niinimaa
Hamrlik
Aucoin
Jonsson
NJD top four:
Stevens
Rafalski
White
Neidermayer
OTT top four:
Chara
Redden
Phillips
Rachunek

IMO, although the Devils and Sens have slightly better top pairings, there second pairings aren't nearly as good as the Isles second pairing. Phillips is coming around, but isn't a top pairing Dman around the league. Rachunek is the same case - although different type of player. Stevens is ancient and is slow - more of a top four now, not top pairing. Neidermayer doesn't score enough or isn't physical enough to be a top pairing Dman.
You've got to be kidding. Niedermayer is the BEST of the 12 defenseman you have listed.

Stevens although a step slower than he was before, is still very much a top pairing defenseman.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think a Kloucek + deal for Parrish would be very benficial to the Preds.

Maybe Kloucek and Arkhipov for Parrish plus 5th?

or

Kloucek plus 2/3rd rounder for Parrish?

Just some further elaborations.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:46 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
You've got to be kidding. Niedermayer is the BEST of the 12 defenseman you have listed.

Stevens although a step slower than he was before, is still very much a top pairing defenseman.
I agree completely.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:50 AM
islandermaniac

i'll vomit if parrish brings back the crap mentioned here. by the sounds of it though, i better have the bowl warmed up.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:03 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac
i'll vomit if parrish brings back the crap mentioned here. by the sounds of it though, i better have the bowl warmed up.

quit hogging the bowl

Old
11-14-2003, 09:10 AM
nikolai19

What would it take to get Parrish in LA?

Old
11-14-2003, 09:20 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I'm a Devils fan and I don't particularlly like the Isles, so it is not like I'm being a homer here:

I'd take Aucion over Redden in a split second and wouldn't think twice. Honestly.

They both have Heavy shots from the point. But Aucion has a Much harder shot.

Aucion scores about as many points a year as Redden does (slightly less, but Redden plays on a much better team also).

But Redden CAN NOT play the physical game Aucion can.

You combine a physical D-man with some scoring touch that is extremely valuable to me. Much more so than a PP quarterback or a rushing the puck type D-man. They are a dime a dozen. But a D-man who plays a nasty physical game and can be one of the better scores on your team is much more rare.

I'd take Aucion.

Closed Thread