HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton synergy skates

Old
05-31-2006, 09:13 AM
nafrelio

vCash: 500
Easton synergy skates

I just bought a pair of Easton synergy 1100 skates in a moment of spontanaity (they were half price at $C250, regular $C500. They seemed to fit well (I have a narrow foot, size 10). I thought I would buy them and then do the research before I used them in case I want to take them back. I plan to use them 1-2x/week, I am an intermediate level player in my early thirties. Was this a good buy? I tried on some CCM Vectors and they did'nt seem to be as comfortable. Does anyone have any thoughts about Easton skates or have any other suggestions? Does anyone know of a good website that has customer reviews on skates - I looked but didn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Matsi
got paws?

I don't have the Synergy, but I bought the Easton Ultra Light about one and a half year ago and they fit great! Didn't want to spend too much but also wanted to get something decent. I feel that's what I got, pretty good skates so far!

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
If they fit, keep them! Looks like you got a decent deal on them...I did see them for cheaper elsewhere online but they don't ship Easton products outside the USA. But again,if they fit well keep them. They are a good skate for the level it sounds like your at. Maybe if you were pro or something you might want the Synergy 1500, but these are nicer than the beginner models like the 500. Check out modsquadhockey too, they got some official reviews on them I do beleive.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 04:59 PM
nafrelio

thanks so far...

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The Synergy is a completely different fit than the Ultra Lite. I got the Synergy's when they firstt came out and was nervous about spending $500 on skates. I tried on every brand including the old Ultra Lites and they hurt my feet when I put them on. The Synergy's fit like a tennis shoe right out of the box. Have not had any problems with them. Don't regret spending the money cause they got me results over my cheap Mission skates I had before, definetely an upgrade over average skates.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Pax Macioretty

my sinergy's cost me 800$, man do they take a long time to break, my feet were hurting the first 2 years

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2006, 03:27 AM
vwg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
my sinergy's cost me 800$, man do they take a long time to break, my feet were hurting the first 2 years
which is a sign that you got the wrong skates for your foot or that they just don't fit..

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
I have 1100's too and broke them in with one of those wooden shoe expanders. Fits like a glove and are now my favorite pair I've ever had. You got a great deal on those by the way.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

I got the 1300C's for Christmas.

My g/f got them for $300. The store owner had just dropped them down from $500 that day she said.

They are far and away the best pair of skates I ever owned.

It is like wearing a pair of my Sketchers on the ice they are so light.

I don't even tighten them all the way before I go on the ice, they fit so well.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote