HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official All Purpose Vincent Lecavalier Thread

Old
06-10-2006, 02:02 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
You are UNDERATING Markov alot here, pal! Markov is not just great puck mover, he has great vision and creates load of opportunities on the PP. Our PP was 5th in the league and he was the anchor, not bad I guess. Plus he is very good in his own zone and play a perfect position game. Markov will be a big time star as soon as next season so we CAN'T make the mistake of trading him. This team is done really poorly without him. So, for me, he is a keeper.
He has a pretty good vision I never denied this, pretty reliable defensively as well but he never reached the level we hoped to.. Gainey used Markov on the second PP unit for the most part BTW.. Markov moves the puck well on PP but you have to be realistic, he never established himself like a solid PP guy.. Sure he is a signifiant upgrade over Brisebois but still not dominant enough.. Confidence issue? One thing sure his decision making at time arent very good.. Markov has been inconsistent over the years, he has great skills but miss that thing we are awaiting for long.. This is not like he was 23-24 years old, he will be a UFA soon and still isnt talking english well, it looks like he still hasnt fully adapted yet... Sometimes Markov plays like keeper, sometime you are big time desapointed and wonder who this guy is?

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maley
And thats because Gainey is the only one involved in the negociations ..plz there are 2 sides
You're absolutely right, he must have negotiated all those other deals of his all by himself, that's why we never caught wind of it!!! Thanks for letting me in on Bob's secret!!!

Don't bother, all his other deals had 2 sides and we still never had the slightest clue until the deal was announced.

Hab at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 02:09 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
He has a pretty good vision I never denied this, pretty reliable defensively as well but he never reached the level we hoped to.. Gainey used Markov on the second PP unit for the most part BTW.. Markov moves the puck well on PP but you have to be realistic, he never established himself like a solid PP guy.. Sure he is a signifiant upgrade over Brisebois but still not dominant enough.. Confidence issue? One thing sure his decision making at time arent very good.. Markov has been inconsistent over the years, he has great skills but miss that thing we are awaiting for long.. This is not like he was 23-24 years old, he will be a UFA soon and still isnt talking english well, it looks like he still hasnt fully adapted yet... Sometimes Markov plays like keeper, sometime you are big time desapointed and wonder who this guy is?
Markov played on the second PP for the first part of the season when Julien coached. He used Souray on the first unit. Gainey played Markov and Souray together on the powerplay for the most part. How do a guy that anchors the 5th ranked powerplay in the league is not "dominant" enough, worst you said that he wasn't a solid PP guy. The guy is the only reason our PP clicked. He reads the play very well and he knows when to jump in the play. Pretty much all the goals he scored where that way: Kovalev controls the puck, attract defenders, Markov goes to the circle, cross ice pass, goal!

Sure, he is no Pronger or Lidstrom, but still he is a legitimate #1 d-man in this league and I wouldn't trade him except for a defenseman better than him, which no team would give us. And face it, when Markov wasn't in the lineup we weren't the same team. He, Koivu and Kovalev are the most important player on the team IMO, so Marky shouldn't be traded and surely not for a forward.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 02:32 AM
Sthabs

imo Markov is just not a flashy player, but exells (sp?) at what he does....
but the thing is , we can t only rely on him,
same with Koivu...
As for the vinny trade, i would never deal markov
but i d sure love to see him as our 2n line C
Him and an other Top D would probably make us go really far next year

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 05:52 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Fricking kids, when will you guys ever learn that any Gainey move NEVER leaks before, on BOTH sides, keep dreaming about Lecavalier.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 07:22 AM
SOLR

Did Gainey ever trade for a Lecavalier? no. Of course getting Aaron Downey won't create rumors.

Big trades = big noises around quite often.

The speculation in Tamba Bay is pretty high around what is gonna happen, most fans would like to trade St-Louis, but St-Louis = little value, while Lecavalier may be on a big bubble since he was drafted. The best phrase about him is : keep dreaming how he could be, not if we can get him or not. He was getting there until the knee got in the way of his progress + Tortorella and him are not on good terms.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 07:35 AM
CGG

Quote:
Sometimes Markov plays like keeper, sometime you are big time desapointed and wonder who this guy is?
Show of hands, who here was ever disappointed with Markov last year when he was in the lineup?

Quote:
pretty reliable defensively as well but he never reached the level we hoped to
And exactly what level did you hope he'd reach? Hart Trophy winner?

You are horrilby, horribly underrating Markov and what he means to this team. It has been proven time and time again that we are useless without him. Check our record with him out of the lineup. Maybe if his last name was Plekanec you'd like him more.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 07:50 AM
LePoche69

I'm not sure to understand why people would be "affraid" of adding a guy like Price in a trade for Vinny.

We're talking about a guy who had win a cup, is still pretty young, big, and a guy who you can count on for years to come (and my personnal subjective guess is that he would be even better if he becomes the real go to guy on the team, away from Richards)

On the other hand, you have a young young prospect whom nobody know how he will turn out to be (yes, he could even become a bust), a young goalie who had a pretty average season, if not bad. Plus, he's playing at a position (goalie) where you can always find good players in later rounds at the draft.

The idea is winning the stanley cup, and you don't win it with "if's", and to me, Price is one of the bigger "if" we have on our depth chart.

I'll always remember a Serge Savard comment (who was bad with first rounders, but pretty amazing with later rounds). He said something like you should never take a goalie too high in the draft because they're easier to developp. He was stating that you just have to find a young goalie with good gloves (which is something you can't learn, reflex). The rest can be teached (position, angle, etc.)

With Danis, Halak, Heino, Lacasse, and any other we may draft in the next years, and any FA we could sign, plus one of Huet or Aebi, I wouldn't hesitate one second to put Price in a package for Vinny, even if I don't consider Vinny as good as some posters seems to think he is.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 08:05 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
My take on Markov is purely subjective and based on feeling. I think he has all the talent to be one of the top 10 (or maybe even top 5) d-man in the league, but the problem seems to be that he simply doesn't realize it. I don't question his desire, I'm questionning his confidence, in a way. Almost every time he tries something different on the ice, it seems to work (most of the time, at least). So I think he should always try to play like he would like to, letting his own self go.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 08:06 AM
SOLR

Give Price, grab Bernier

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 09:12 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69
I'm not sure to understand why people would be "affraid" of adding a guy like Price in a trade for Vinny.

We're talking about a guy who had win a cup, is still pretty young, big, and a guy who you can count on for years to come (and my personnal subjective guess is that he would be even better if he becomes the real go to guy on the team, away from Richards)

On the other hand, you have a young young prospect whom nobody know how he will turn out to be (yes, he could even become a bust), a young goalie who had a pretty average season, if not bad. Plus, he's playing at a position (goalie) where you can always find good players in later rounds at the draft.

The idea is winning the stanley cup, and you don't win it with "if's", and to me, Price is one of the bigger "if" we have on our depth chart.

I'll always remember a Serge Savard comment (who was bad with first rounders, but pretty amazing with later rounds). He said something like you should never take a goalie too high in the draft because they're easier to developp. He was stating that you just have to find a young goalie with good gloves (which is something you can't learn, reflex). The rest can be teached (position, angle, etc.)

With Danis, Halak, Heino, Lacasse, and any other we may draft in the next years, and any FA we could sign, plus one of Huet or Aebi, I wouldn't hesitate one second to put Price in a package for Vinny, even if I don't consider Vinny as good as some posters seems to think he is.
Aebi, Chip, Ribiero and Zed would be more likely. BG wont strip down the D and Feaster will be looking for centers

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:31 AM
KaptainKourage*

w/ Lecavalier, who should we sign ?

Now that RDS confirm the Lecavalier rumors I guess its 100% sure that he come here. So what your lineup with him and w/o Dagenais, Streit and Aebischer (because we need to give something for the Next One) and who would you sign ??

Kovalev - Lecavalier - Perezhogin
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Plekanec - Bonk - Langenbrunner
Downey - Bégin - Murray

Get rid of Ribeiro.

Chara - Redden
Markov - Souray
Rivet - Komisarek

Get rid of Bouillon.

Im pretty sure CHara and Redden WANT to come play here because Habs are a cool team. Langenbrunner WANT to come play in Montreal because he won the Cup with Carbo.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:37 AM
BigTimer*

It's called a salary cap. That and reality... but apart from those two factors I'd say your dead on.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Is the Cap going to be 70M or are Chara, Redden and Langenbrunner have a gun to the head to be forced to sign for peanutts in Mtl?

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:39 AM
chi777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
Im pretty sure CHara and Redden WANT to come play here because Habs are a cool team.

this should be put up on a more public board so you can be properly flamed.

chi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:40 AM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

A few details,

If Gainey traded Iginla to get the Cup , he can trade anyone.

I wouldn't give a team with whom we are fighting for the 8th spot in our conference a legitimate goalie.

Saku will die a Hab and the poster MArk0v will be proven wrong for the millionth time.

Another rumor thread that does not provide a link.

If you're going to pay 6-7M$ for a player I'd rather it be a goalie or a d-man.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
Is the Cap going to be 70M or are Chara, Redden and Langenbrunner have a gun to the head to be forced to sign for peanutts in Mtl?
Well he did get rid of Ribs and Bouillon. That's 1.6 mil in cap room right there

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Beakermania*

No, all wrong.

Trade Downey for Luongo, now sign Elias to take his spot

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Elias - Plekanec - Langenbrunner
Bégin - Bonk - Murray

Chara - Redden
Markov - Souray
Rivet - Komisarek

Luongo
Huet

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:41 AM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe
Well he did get rid of Ribs and Bouillon. That's 1.6 mil in cap room right there
Dont forget ribeirioero and streit and abiescherer

Old
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
No, all wrong.

Trade Downey for Luongo, now sign Elias to take his spot

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Elias - Plekanec - Langenbrunner
Bégin - Bonk - Murray

Chara - Redden
Markov - Souray
Rivet - Komisarek

Luongo
Huet
I think huet is better than huet
i hate luongo anywayu

Old
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
Now that RDS confirm the Lecavalier rumors I guess its 100% sure that he come here. So what your lineup with him and w/o Dagenais, Streit and Aebischer (because we need to give something for the Next One) and who would you sign ??

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Plekanec - Bonk - Langenbrunner
Downey - Bégin - Murray

Get rid of Ribeiro.

Chara - Redden
Markov - Souray
Rivet - Komisarek

Get rid of Bouillon.

Im pretty sure CHara and Redden WANT to come play here because Habs are a cool team. Langenbrunner WANT to come play in Montreal because he won the Cup with Carbo.
The funniest part of that post has to be the fact that you kept Bonk in the line-up.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:44 AM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
The funniest part of that post has to be the fact that you kept Bonk in the line-up.
He go to the all-star twice. so he is as good as saku koivu i thin kkk

Old
06-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
[IMAGE]http://www.eurobierbeek.org/spons/Logo%20-%20EA%20Sports.jpg[/IMAGE]

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I traded Huet + Samuel Pahlsson (who I got alongside Teemu Selanne) for Forsberg, since Aebischer was playing amazing.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:48 AM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
this game suck i much rather nhl 2k6 u know im pretty good i have naslund lecavalier chara in my 1st line and i start with the canadiens i think i am a better gm than bob gainey cuz me i acquire lecavalier chara naslund and him murray dandenault he suck