HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official All Purpose Vincent Lecavalier Thread

Old
06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
And how does those rumors come from Boston anyway?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
If it's about Vinny, great, if it's about St. Louis, they can keep him!

I lean towards thinking that the asking price would start with Carey Price. Are you guys willing to sacrifice Carey?

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Pedneault just said at RDS that it was from the Boston Globe ''de l'autre jour'' from the other day??? Doesn't seem like today's newspaper????

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:16 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

It's sure that Tampa Bay are trying to move someone and it is as sure that the Habs needs another center, plus we have goalie to spare, either Aebischer or Huet. They are logical trade partners and it's believable that they're discussing, but will a trade happen? It remains to be seen IMO.

Old
06-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
And how does those rumors come from Boston anyway?
Well, Kevin Paul Dupont is a very connected beat writer from the Globe, maybe he has the scoop and will write about it tomorrow. Maybe he told someone at RDS about it.

But like I said, there's nothing on their site about it. I registered and did a search using the words Tampa Bay Lightning in their archives (over the last 30 days) and there is one story about the Richards signing the day it happened. Nothing else.

The last Habs story is from the 5th of June and it talks about old time hockey. Looks like RDS is just trying to stir the pot like they so often love to do.

And I don't think TB would want Price. Feaster can't afford to wait 2-3 years, he's got to win NOW.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:17 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
I'm starting to wonder if the "we could keep both goalies next year" that Bob said a few days ago, wasn't part of some negociating tactics.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:18 PM
BORAT

vCash: 500
I've asked a buddy of mine who knows a bit ...

He said that the Habs and lightning have been discussing for a very very long time.

Brad Richards, Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St Louis etc...

Lightning need a Goalie, Defencemen, and speedy forwards ...

Habs have all 3 that could be available ... who knows ...

btw, my bud is clueless on this rumour, he just said it's nothing new that Jay Feaster and Gainey are measuring each other up ...

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:19 PM
RC51

It's Vinny or nothing, that's it.
If thier any discussions at all going on with Tampa that is.

I dont think that Gainey needs any Tampa player other than Vinny.

And the cost of this would be what????????????????????

It better not be destroying that rookies pool.

Would I rather have Vinny then Arnott? YOU BET

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:23 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Honnestly, there is one thing that is bottering me. Which youngsters will we have to sacrifice. Vincent Lecavalier worths alot to the Lightning, not as much as Richards but sitll, and he wouldn't come that cheap. Kostystin, Perezoghin, Emelin and Price will all be in the discussions for sure and, quite honnestly, that bothers me.

Old
06-09-2006, 06:24 PM
SammyTheBull

It makes sense considering Tampa have to free up some salary and need a goaltender. Pick up a Abby and a defenseman/center from Montreal for your second line center who makes 6 million. Lecavalier was excess baggage in Tampa after the Richards signing but he would be a star in Montreal and they neede a big body center who's tough and has skill.

Lecavalier >>>Arnott

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:24 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Christ Vinny is so overrated...You guys talk about him like he's some kind of god...

He's extremely overpaid. He's nowhere near worth what he's paid. There are many players I would take above him.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:25 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Honnestly, there is one thing that is bottering me. Which youngsters will we have to sacrifice. Vincent Lecavalier worths alot to the Lightning, not as much as Richards but sitll, and he wouldn't come that cheap. Kostystin, Perezoghin, Emelin and Price will all be in the discussions for sure and, quite honnestly, that bothers me.
I will be very very mad if any of those are moved (even other prospects that are not named here)

habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:29 PM
BORAT

The Habs see in Lecavalier a SURE top 2 center ... he's huge , he'd fight Iginla, he'd score goals and he shows up come playoff time ...

Now show me how Ribeiro is any of these

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
http://www.tbo.com/sports/lightning/MGB8C4JPJNE.html

While that plays out, though, Feaster has been given a mandate by Davidson.

"It's been made very, very clear that we need to have a deep playoff run [next season]," Feaster said.

"Mr. Davidson is still funding our losses if we're a championship team or one that goes deep into the playoffs. That's one thing. But if we're a team fighting to get into the playoffs as a No. 8 seed and we go out in the first round, Mr. Davidson is not interested in that."

------------

Doesn't sound like a guy who will be trading a star player for prospects or unproven young players.

For all we know the talks (if they actually have happened and it's not just some RDS fantasy in order to get more viewers and hits on their web site) could be something like Modin for Aebischer anyway.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:31 PM
RC51

What if this whole thing is about Luongo?

Tampa makes a bid for Luongo, must shed Vinny to do it.

MTL gets Vinny,
Tampa gets Luongo but he will sign a big contract ( Vinny's money)
Panthers get to chose from MTL and Tampa assets to make the 3-way deal.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Habsfan18

This kinda scares me....

I do not want to see Markov, Price, Emelin, Kostitsyn or Higgins, just to name a few, be dealt. And I'm afraid that Tampa is looking at a few of these guys if we wanted Vinny.

Oh and for Marty, I think i'd rather stay away from him. Especially if it's for some of our future.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:36 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
I will be very very mad if any of those are moved (even other prospects that are not named here)
Without involving one of those, no Lecavalier.

Old
06-09-2006, 06:39 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Christ Vinny is so overrated...You guys talk about him like he's some kind of god...

He's extremely overpaid. He's nowhere near worth what he's paid. There are many players I would take above him.
He is from Quebec and would give anything to play here (yeah I know it sounds cliché, but still). We need a big center to play with Kovalev, at the right price he would be a great asset. To bad he'd need to change his number thought.

Old
06-09-2006, 06:42 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
He is from Quebec and would give anything to play here (yeah I know it sounds cliché, but still). We need a big center to play with Kovalev, at the right price he would be a great asset. To bad he'd need to change his number thought.
Who says he wants to play here so badly? Doesn't sound like he wants to play here THAT much considering he signed a long term deal in Tampa instead of a one year deal so he could be a free agent.

Old
06-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Pat

Lecavalier won't come cheap, that's for sure. expect one of Huet or Aebischer/Souray or Markov/Perezhogin or Kostsisyn to be included in the deal.
we will be losing some young guns. T-Bay will be asking the moon and then some for Lecavalier.
is it worth it? Lecavalier is the big center the Habs need. but is it a price the Habs can afford to pay?

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:48 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Who says he wants to play here so badly? Doesn't sound like he wants to play here THAT much considering he signed a long term deal in Tampa instead of a one year deal so he could be a free agent.
He said himself that he's been a life long Habs fan and that his dream as always been to be the next Jean Béliveau in Montréal (Béliveau was his father's favorite player and therefor, Vinny's wearing #4). As the long term deal is concerned, who would be stupid enough to reject 6 millions GUARANTEED dollars per year for 5 years? 30 millions guaranteed, would be stupid not to take it, eh?

Old
06-09-2006, 06:51 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
Lecavalier won't come cheap, that's for sure. expect one of Huet or Aebischer/Souray or Markov/Perezhogin or Kostsisyn to be included in the deal.
we will be losing some young guns. T-Bay will be asking the moon and then some for Lecavalier.
is it worth it? Lecavalier is the big center the Habs need. but is it a price the Habs can afford to pay?
Dealing Markov would be stupid, really stupid. Lecavalier is a stud, but so is Markov. Just look at our record this year without Andrei. I like Vinny alot and would really be thrilled if we were to acquire him, but if Markov is the price, they can rot in hell. If they want Souray, great, take him, we'll play Bouillon and Streit for a year and let Emelin or Côté be the 7th guy. One of Perezoghin or AK, well it would hurt me a lot, but Vincent Lecavalier is 25 years old so, wouldn't be that bad. If Souray, Aebischer and Perezoghin or Kost would do it, I would jump on it.

A top six of: Latendresse/Kost/Perez - Lecavalier - Kovalev, Higgins - Koivu - Ryder would be REALLY cool.

Old
06-09-2006, 06:53 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
He said himself that he's been a life long Habs fan and that his dream as always been to be the next Jean Béliveau in Montréal (Béliveau was his father's favorite player and therefor, Vinny's wearing #4). As the long term deal is concerned, who would be stupid enough to reject 6 millions GUARANTEED dollars per year for 5 years? 30 millions guaranteed, would be stupid not to take it, eh?
Hockey players ALWAYS say they've always dreamed of playing for Montreal or Toronto or <insert hometown here> but how often do they actually follow through?

As you just demonstrated, money talks. Apparently, money is alot louder than his desire to play for Montreal, which doesn't exactly make it sound like he wants to play here that badly. He would have gotten more than what Tampa gave him on the open market as a free agent.

I'm willing to bet he'd rather play in Tampa, the team that he's developed on and won a cup with, than Montreal.

Old
06-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Habsfan18

Do you guys honestly think that Bob would deal Markov, Kostitsyn, Higgins or Price?

And what would Tampa want in return for St.Louis? I don't really want him, but if Bob does, what would Tampa ask for? And what would Bob give them?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Without involving one of those, no Lecavalier.
I've no problem with that

habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote