HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Might LA look at trading down for a goalie?

Old
06-05-2006, 12:01 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Might LA look at trading down for a goalie?

Here is my top 20:

Johnson
Staal
Toews
Kessel
Backstrom
Brassard
Mueller
Okposo
Tlusty
Sheppard
Little
Frolik
Sanguinetti
Stewart
Bernier
Helenius
Wishart
Berglund
Giroux
Anisimov

I only see Tampa being interested in picking a goalie in the top 15, perhaps Los Angeles, but the 11th spot may be early to be picking a goalie since no one else will be doing it anyway. Helenius is pretty highly regarded in some circles, as is Bernier, perhaps LA will entertain trading down to...say...the 16th position and we throw in Zednik. Even if Tampa picks a goalie the Kings can select the other between Bernier and Helenius.

That way the Habs get a shot at Little, Sheppard or Frolik, whoever is left and whoever the Habs have rated the highest. I'd be happy if the Habs left the draft with either Sheppard or Little, but I don't see them dropping to the 16th selection.

I really thought LA was going to be looking at picking Rask last year at he draft, but Kopitar was really high on their draft list so they took the BPA. This year I have a feeling, with new management, that the Kings might entertain grabbing a potential conerstone netminder. LA is loaded with forward prospects and have some decent young defencemen so they're not starving on that front. Zednik would welcome a change of scenery, and his veeteran presence would be welcome with all of the youngsters coming up.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
We might really see what the management and the scouts are really made of in this year's draft. Since there's a consensus for the top 15, either Timmins goes with the obvious choice, Wishart, a guy that everybody puts on their mock draft going to Montreal even though they might have seen him once and even never. Or he'll go for the boom or bust type of pick since it's a pretty average draft. It could go the desire of having a PP quaterback like Sanguinetti, Vishnevsky, another stable d-men like Wishart or some offensive power like Giroux, Little is he falls which he won't or gritty fast forwards in the mold of the Oilers like White, or that big centerman we've all are looking for like Berglund.

Are we picking for the BPA or 'cause we think there might be a need along the road for that guy of player. Are we preparing the after Markov, after Ribeiro, the after Zednik-Bulis or the after Souray???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote