HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oil @ Sens --Nov 6th

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 07:30 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

vCash: 500
Oil @ Sens --Nov 6th

The oilers go on their 2nd game of a 6 game road trip (which is their longest this season along with the road trip the beggining of january). After picking their first road win, which was a 4-2 win in montreal on tuesday. The Oilers look to extend their unbeaten streak to 4 on thursday in Ottawa. I think the oilers have a shot in this one and could prevail being the victor..thoughts?

Old
11-05-2003, 07:35 AM
Izzy4Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
The oilers go on their 2nd game of a 6 game road trip (which is their longest this season along with the road trip the beggining of january). After picking their first road win, which was a 4-2 win in montreal on tuesday. The Oilers look to extend their unbeaten streak to 4 on thursday in Ottawa. I think the oilers have a shot in this one and could prevail being the victor..thoughts?
I'll predict a 3-1 win for the Sens and hope I get proven wrong

Sens:
Hossa - Bonk, Redden (PP)
Smolinski - Havlat
White - Alfredsson, Volchenkov

Oil:
Torres - Dvorak

They have everything in place but a dominating power forward to overwhelm any team they come across. They have a suffacating defense, a huge D-core, great team speed, many snipers and the most balanced offense in the league. I love the Oil with a passion but any time we face this team its an uphill battle.

I'll hope for a 4-3 win for the Oil. LETS GO BOYS!

Old
11-05-2003, 07:40 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
you really get your jollies starting gameday threads don't you? maybe i'll start the GDT for a game in march just to get the inside track! :p

prediction: 5 - 1 sens.

the oilers go in on a high thinking every team sucks as bad as montreal and come out with a lesson -hopefully- learned (see the last 45 minutes of the blues game for the previous lesson).

Old
11-05-2003, 07:57 AM
jofa

Can't see Edmonton sneaking out a win in this one, as Ottawa will be looking to right their ship and start putting together some good performances. Edmonton may challenge for a period or two, but ultimately Ottawa has just too many weapons in its arsenal.

5-2 Ottawa.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:57 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
you really get your jollies starting gameday threads don't you? maybe i'll start the GDT for a game in march just to get the inside track! :p
They havent lost since i started makin em so why not???

Old
11-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Yanner39

I will be attending Thursday night's contest and I am hoping for a close game. I am going with one of my friends who is a Sens fan. If it's a blowout, I will not be happy.

It should be close. The Sens are having their problems in that everybody is slumping from the goalie out to the forwards. Maybe Edmonton capitalize on that. My only concern is the last 2 times these teams played each other, the Oilers could not do anything offensively. The Sens just completely smothered them. If that's the case, I'll be hanging by the Beavertails and Rickard's Red stands a good part of the evening.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:18 AM
OYLer

Quote:
What I have to admire about you the most LMHF#2 is how you get those "sticky" titled comments posted early.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Oilers 3 Sens 2

Hossa (Bonk, Redden) PP
Smyth (Staios, Hemsky) PP
Isbister (Salmo, Bergeron)
Reasoner (Moreau) SH
Hossa (Spezza, Alfredsson)

Conklin will get the win.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:52 AM
PineJockey

What I find most disturbing about this way early thread is . . . LD's corn avatar.

Old
11-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
4-3 Sens

Redden, Bonk, Alfredsson and Phillips for the Sens
Isbister, Smyth and Staios for the Oilers

Conklin has a good game

Old
11-05-2003, 04:24 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
5-4 for the Sens in O.T

Isbister Dvorak(2) Smyth

Redden Havlat Hossa(2) Chara

Old
11-05-2003, 04:41 PM
MrMackey

I'm guessing 5-2 Sens

Smyth with both Oiler goals.
Havlat, Schastlivy, Hossa, Alfredsson, Rachunek for the Sens

Old
11-05-2003, 04:45 PM
peacefrogdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
I'm guessing 5-2 Sens

Smyth with both Oiler goals.
Havlat, Schastlivy, Hossa, Alfredsson, Rachunek for the Sens
As a Sens fan, I have to say that Ottawa (the way they're playing now) can be beat by any team that works harder than them. Since Edmonton looks to be one of the harder working teams, I say Edmonton 4-2.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:06 PM
HOZ

The Oilers have owned the Sens. It's hilarious....

The Sens could out shoot them 40 to 1 and lose 1-0. Why?

PREDICTION:
Oilers win 3-1. Salo gets shelled for 36 shots. Oilers tally 17.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Obsessed

This team looks like they are starting to gel. The so called second line has been playing really well. If only Horcoff would return to last years form we might have a decent first line too. The third line is solid. The Kid line has some potential. All the makings for a strong trip. Oilers should squeak this one out with a W or a T. I hope Marvin the Martian gets all the rubber he can handle. Calling Duck Dodgers...

Old
11-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Allan

If memory serves, the Oil lost 2-0 the last time they played in Ottawa.

If Edmonton plays like they did in Montreal, and Ottawa plays like they have been, 3-1 Oil. If Edmonton lets up, 2-1 Ottawa

Old
11-05-2003, 05:42 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
This team looks like they are starting to gel. The so called second line has been playing really well. If only Horcoff would return to last years form we might have a decent first line too. The third line is solid. The Kid line has some potential. All the makings for a strong trip. Oilers should squeak this one out with a W or a T. I hope Marvin the Martian gets all the rubber he can handle. Calling Duck Dodgers...
Perhaps Sarno should see some time on the first line. He's definitely more offensively gifted than Horcoff. Ideally, I'd rather have neither playing on the first line, because it says a lot about our situation at centre... but as you said, the 2nd and 3rd lines are playing quite well.

Smyth Sarno Hemsky
Torres York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Isbister Horcoff Salmolainen

...also, this doesn't make that 4th line as scary defensively.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:56 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Seeing alot of semi-strange posts about how this team is somehow rolling after beating a struggling Montreal team 4-2. If they have that performance against Ottawa, not only will they lose, they'll get blown apart.

Get the anchor or, PPL, whichever you prefer, off the first line so they can actually do something.

They need to come out gunning against Ottawa.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:58 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

GET MARTY ON THE FIRST LINE....why dont they try it? what can it hurt...he has IMO definatly earned it..

Old
11-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Hemsky4PM

Historically, the Oil have done well at the Corel Centre.

I say 3-3 tie.

Ottawa: Chara, Havlat and Spezza(PP)
Edmonton: Dvorak, Smyth(PP) and York

Old
11-06-2003, 12:50 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Seeing alot of semi-strange posts about how this team is somehow rolling after beating a struggling Montreal team 4-2. If they have that performance against Ottawa, not only will they lose, they'll get blown apart.

Get the anchor or, PPL, whichever you prefer, off the first line so they can actually do something.

They need to come out gunning against Ottawa.
Thanks for bringing that up. It's great that they started the road trip on the right foot, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. A few more road wins and maybe I'll believe it. Until then and until a Comrie deal or whatever other big deal I keep hearing goes down, they are the same team who will win 2 lose 3, win 4 lose 3, etc...

Old
11-06-2003, 04:18 AM
Tidus

I'll be at the game, but I'll probably be too emotionally involved to give any kind of detailed report! But I'm going to watch these 2 players real closely (well, as closely as the nose-bleed section will allow) - Ales Hemsky and Jason Spezza. I think Jason will be on the fourth line for tonites game though.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:10 AM
Yanner39

Sens starting Prusek in goal tonight. His last game he was terrible. Hopefully, the Oilers can get to him quickly.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:38 AM
FacelessButcher

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=59593

Muckler threatens change if Ottawa does not perform better in the next few games. In other words if Ottawa does not come out gunz-a-blazin and perform notably better(read "schu-lak!") the Oilers and the next few opponents hes going to start trading peoples friends away gee that should light a fire under them. So who thinks were going to win now?

Old
11-06-2003, 06:30 AM
jadeddog

personally i think the oilers are prime for a bad game.... they have gone undefeated in 3 now and for a young team they will prolly be thinking the world of themselves right now..... i'm predicting an ugly loss for the oilers

i would like to see laraque back in though... but i dont know if thats gonna happen... im not too convinced with sarno at ALL... career minor leaguer

Closed Thread