Notices

iginla

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 09:08 AM
reg dunlop

vCash: 500
iginla

apart from the fact that iginla isnt scoring, he is not playing with any fire. he shoots the puck from anywhere. when is the last time anyone saw this guy drive the net or get involved physically at all... as a power forward, he at least has to be a presence out there.. if you notice a guy like bertuzzi, even when he doesnt score, he is in front of the net, laying out hits. etc....

Old
11-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Torch

Bad luck. I know it sounds absurd, but that is the only thing I can think it is. It seems like goalies are always coming up big against him, and when the puck won't go in, it does affect the confidence I would think.

I have a feeling that once they start going in, it will be hard to contain him again. :dazzle:

Old
11-06-2003, 01:07 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg dunlop
apart from the fact that iginla isnt scoring, he is not playing with any fire. he shoots the puck from anywhere. when is the last time anyone saw this guy drive the net or get involved physically at all... as a power forward, he at least has to be a presence out there.. if you notice a guy like bertuzzi, even when he doesnt score, he is in front of the net, laying out hits. etc....
I don't think he hasn't been doing anything without the puck. He hasn't ever been a 'big hitter' he doesn't make noticeable hits like Bertuzzi anyway, he has gotten into some fights this year, so I wouldn't say he's not trying to physically dominate. When it comes to shooting from anywhere, he always has, he has said before that his shot total is a more important goal than his goal total for him, because if he gets off 300+ shots the odds of him scoring are high, but he hasn't been shooting as much this year and I think he hasn't been getting as good of shot chances because he hasn't gone to the net with authority, so I'd agree on that one.

But if anyone on Calgary started scoring I'd be pumped.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:24 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
I don't think he hasn't been doing anything without the puck. He hasn't ever been a 'big hitter' he doesn't make noticeable hits like Bertuzzi anyway, he has gotten into some fights this year, so I wouldn't say he's not trying to physically dominate. When it comes to shooting from anywhere, he always has, he has said before that his shot total is a more important goal than his goal total for him, because if he gets off 300+ shots the odds of him scoring are high, but he hasn't been shooting as much this year and I think he hasn't been getting as good of shot chances because he hasn't gone to the net with authority, so I'd agree on that one.

But if anyone on Calgary started scoring I'd be pumped.
Yep, the more shots he takes the more chances he has to score.....As for his play, I notice he is at his best when he plays with some emotion....thats when his game takes off...with some fire in his game(eg couple weeks ago against the Oilers where he had a Gordie Howe Hatrick: Goal, Assist, Fight with Cory Cross)

Closed Thread