HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Is the Heritage Classic on American TV?

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 12:13 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

vCash: 500
Is the Heritage Classic on American TV?

Does anyone know if ESPN or ABC will cover it? I thought the Oilers organization said a while ago that they expected a TV deal with a US broadcasting company. Did I miss that, or has nothing been announced?

Old
11-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Walsher

Hopefully they did for the revenue but if they bring back the glowing puck or any other gimmicks I will flip out. But then again I'll be at the game so their broadcast can't effect me.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

From what I've heard, it will be broadcast in the states and maybe even in some parts of Europe and Russia. There were grumblings that they wanted to make this game a PPV, even in Canada, imagine the revenues from that, thankfully though, it won't be a PPV.

to answer your question ya, the right s will probably be sold to the highest bidder.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Yorkiegirl161861

I live in New Jersey. I haven't heard anything about it being broadcast here in the states. I do know the game is part of the NHL Center Ice package for that day. Whether or not that changes as we get closer to game day, I don't know.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:26 AM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I just think this would be a great opportunity for the NHL to get some viewers in the USA that don't normally watch hockey to tune in. A legends game followed by the first ever NHL outdoor game would bring in some good numbers. I hope for the NHL's sake that it is broadcasted in the US on ESPN or something like that.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Yorkiegirl161861

I agree completely. Get the game out to the masses. Put it on ESPN or even a local affiliate channel like ABC. I can't wait to see the Heritage Game- it's going to be awesome. If people watch hockey, they will get addicted to the speed of the game that will make other sports pale in comparison. I never in my life thought I'd watch hockey until I met my boyfriend (now husband) 12 years ago who got me into it. Now, I can't live without it.

Closed Thread