HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

move perezhogin or higgins at center....

Old
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
kostitsyn fan

vCash: 500
move perezhogin or higgins at center....

If we don't move kovalev at center which is for me a good idea, why not give a try to higgins who is a natural center or maybe perezhogin who is so fast? I think that we should not spend money on a guy like jason arnott who's in the down side of is career and he's much to overated... with higgins at center we could have : koivu-higgins and plekanec on the 3 first line which is not bad at all? But i still think that perez could do a great job with is lightnings speed!!!

kostitsyn fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Taupy

I don't see Perezhogin leading a line. He's good but not a kind of guy that can play center.

Higgins on the other hand, I would give him a shot at centering the second line, I think he could do good things.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I always thought Higgins was a center.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
He's not good at faceoffs. More important, making him a center would crowd that position while leaving the team very short at left wing. Remember, Bulis won't be back, and Zednik is on his way out. Finally, it would disrupt the chemistry he has with Koivu.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Habber

Higgins at centre could be interesting, although I'd be inclined to leave him where he is because of his chemistry with Koivu. Plus one of his strong skills is digging pucks out of the corner/along the boards. Perezhogin is definately not a centre.

But regardless of who moves where, I think we're short a top 6 guy. If BPA is a winger and we have to move someone, that may work, but preference would be to add a strong 2nd line centre.

Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Weis
Rise Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
He was drafted as a center but then he was moved to wing. MTL wanted him there (they tough he had the tools to be better there). If they did that move, I dont think they will reverse it heh!

Weis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Weis
Rise Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Higgins at centre could be interesting, although I'd be inclined to leave him where he is because of his chemistry with Koivu. Plus one of his strong skills is digging pucks out of the corner/along the boards. Perezhogin is definately not a centre.

But regardless of who moves where, I think we're short a top 6 guy. If BPA is a winger and we have to move someone, that may work, but preference would be to add a strong 2nd line centre.
I think that his play along the boards his probably the reason why he'll stay where he's.

Weis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs will have only 11 forwards (12 including Zednik) after Bulis, Sundstrom, and Downey are released. A. Kostitsyn, Lapierre, and Ferland are the most logical candidates to take their place, but none is a sure thing. The system seems really thin. Chipchura, Grabowski, and S. Kostitsyn probably wouldn't be NHL-ready. Beyond them, there's really no one.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 01:43 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
The Habs will have only 11 forwards (12 including Zednik) after Bulis, Sundstrom, and Downey are released. A. Kostitsyn, Lapierre, and Ferland are the most logical candidates to take their place, but none is a sure thing. The system seems really thin. Chipchura, Grabowski, and S. Kostitsyn probably wouldn't be NHL-ready. Beyond them, there's really no one.

You forgot Latendresse, and you forgot that the Habs can get quality players that will be UFA's soon. + They can make deals that will bring a much needed centerman + a couple of gritty wingers.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Dr_Hook

Didn't we struggle enough to find a speedy winger who's tough on the boards, drive hard to the net and score goals ? Now we seem to have found it in Higgins and we would ship him back at the center position ? Makes no sense to me...
Perez doesn't have the game to play center: he's not to dedicated defensively and likes to use his great speed to fly out the zone early for quick breakouts. Nope really, I prefer him on the wing. We'll have to look outside the organisation to fill our need at center

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Talent Analyst

I think that its not a good idea because I don't see Perezhogin has a center and Higgins perfecly fit with Koivu .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis
He was drafted as a center but then he was moved to wing. MTL wanted him there (they tough he had the tools to be better there). If they did that move, I dont think they will reverse it heh!
Yeah, you're right. I just want to add that the Habs though he wasn't creative enough to be a center...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote