HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ron Hainsey? Beauchemin?

Old
06-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Ron Hainsey? Beauchemin?

How did the Habs lose Hainsey? (I forget!).
Was it waivers? Free agency?
If so, it was the Columbus Blue Jackets, right?
We didn't get anything back, right?
And...
How did we lose Beauchemin? (was it waivers, as well?). And, what team did he go to prior to the Ducks? Or, was it the Ducks only right after his brief stay with the Canadiens.
Let's just say, we have Bouillon and J-P Coté instead of Beauchemin. Can't keep 'em all, although I wished we could! .
-------------------
Thanks in advance for your info . Merci pour l'info .

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Talent Analyst

The lost Hainsey this year by weaver and beauchemin too (2 year ago ?? im not sure) and we have sign JP Coter by free agensy

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
TSN.ca
Hainsey :
29-Nov-05: Claimed off waivers from the Montreal Canadiens.
Beauchemin:
14-Sep-04: Columbus Blue Jackets claimed off waivers Franois Beauchemin from the Montreal Canadiens.

They will claim Coté this year .

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Hainsey because of the idiotic must-go-back-on-waivers-if-making-75K-or-more-in-the-minors-and-you-get-called-up rule they abolished a few months ago deeming it unfair for minor league veterans.

Beauchemin was lost on waivers because Doug McLean is a snake and the only GM who made waiver claims on the eve of the lockout (Habs wanted Beauchemin in Hamilton for the lockout). I've heard (OK, it was from Michel Bergeron on CKAC about 2 weeks ago) that Gainey had talked to every GM and they basically gave Bob their word they would not claim Beauchemin and McLean obviously was the only one who decided to break his word. This is a MICHEL BERGERON story so put what you want in it.

I'm not sure Cote gets claimed if he does end up going on the waiver wire next fall. Beauchemin had good AHL offensive numbers and Hainsey had the first round pick pedigree going for them, Cote has neither. The Habs are more than due for some good luck on the waiver wire, if a Jason Pominville can go unclaimed, JP Cote should go unclaimed...

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Habsaku

McLean is a known snake, but it doenst matter as he's close to the worst GM in the league.

Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Beauchemin was lost on waivers because Doug McLean is a snake and the only GM who made waiver claims on the eve of the lockout (Habs wanted Beauchemin in Hamilton for the lockout). I've heard (OK, it was from Michel Bergeron on CKAC about 2 weeks ago) that Gainey had talked to every GM and they basically gave Bob their word they would not claim Beauchemin and McLean obviously was the only one who decided to break his word. This is a MICHEL BERGERON story so put what you want in it.

I can remember an article or something back around when that happened where Gainey said that he was surprised when Beauchemin got claimed because he had shopped him around the league before waiving him, and nobody said they were interested. Anyone else remember that? It would make more sense to me than the stuff Bergeron said.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 04:34 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Hainsey because of the idiotic must-go-back-on-waivers-if-making-75K-or-more-in-the-minors-and-you-get-called-up rule they abolished a few months ago deeming it unfair for minor league veterans.
What? Really, they flushed that rule?

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
What? Really, they flushed that rule?
Yep. This was from HF in early Febuary and I read it in THN as well...

"Got my issue of Hockey News today and in the "Hockey World in Brief" section it says Larry Landon, Ted Saskin, and Bill Daly met and that Landon, head of the Professional Hockey Players Association thinks the waiver rule requiring players who make more than 75,000 in the minors to go through re-entry waivers is against US labor laws. Said there was a "tentative agreement" reached in a few areas."

So they took it out.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 04:43 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Yep. This was from HF in early Febuary and I read it in THN as well...

"Got my issue of Hockey News today and in the "Hockey World in Brief" section it says Larry Landon, Ted Saskin, and Bill Daly met and that Landon, head of the Professional Hockey Players Association thinks the waiver rule requiring players who make more than 75,000 in the minors to go through re-entry waivers is against US labor laws. Said there was a "tentative agreement" reached in a few areas."

So they took it out.
Damn, they should have took it out before

but still

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
McLean is a known snake, but it doenst matter as he's close to the worst GM in the league.

A stupid one like you said... so he goes to pick up Beauchemin and trade him in a trade with Anaheim who were so happy to dump overpaid, underachieving, I couldn't care less anymore Fedorov !

Right after the trade, Anaheim started to fare much better !

And snake McLean will slide on the floor for a long time with Fedorov.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
TSN.ca
Hainsey :
29-Nov-05: Claimed off waivers from the Montreal Canadiens.
Beauchemin:
14-Sep-04: Columbus Blue Jackets claimed off waivers Franois Beauchemin from the Montreal Canadiens.

They will claim Coté this year .
lol

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
I can remember an article or something back around when that happened where Gainey said that he was surprised when Beauchemin got claimed because he had shopped him around the league before waiving him, and nobody said they were interested. Anyone else remember that? It would make more sense to me than the stuff Bergeron said.
It makes no sense to me: Beauchemin played for Seracuse during the lockout..... so he had to be waived to play in the AHL, meaning Gainey didn't want Beauchemin.

Still, as mentioned in an other thread about Beauchemin, I remember I was one of the only ones being pist by that lost........ a lot of posters were typing: career AHLer or 7th D-man........... playing with Niedermayer helps but still, he will have a nice career.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
It makes no sense to me: Beauchemin played for Seracuse during the lockout..... so he had to be waived to play in the AHL, meaning Gainey didn't want Beauchemin.

Still, as mentioned in an other thread about Beauchemin, I remember I was one of the only ones being pist by that lost........ a lot of posters were typing: career AHLer or 7th D-man........... playing with Niedermayer helps but still, he will have a nice career.
I was upset by it too. I remember the choice came down to keeping Hainsey or Beachemin and I knew we made the wrong one. Saw both of them in Hamilton and it was obvious to me that Hollywood Ron did not have what it takes.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 03:34 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
Incorrect. There was a loophole that Gainey must not have been aware of that allowed players to sign with an AHL team during the lockout. Columbus picked up Beauchemin off of waivers and then Syracuse signed him to an AHL contract (See the link below). It's the same way that Begin ended up playing for Hamilton. Gainey made a mistake. He should have waited until the lockout started and then had Hamilton sign Beauchemin to a contract.

http://www.syracusecrunch.com/press/...play&pr_id=905

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Bryzga lol*

I'm not really familiar with why people call Hainsey: Hollywood Ron...is he an a-hole or something? I've heard that term a lot.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel
I'm not really familiar with why people call Hainsey: Hollywood Ron...is he an a-hole or something? I've heard that term a lot.
....basically.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote