HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Salo... Credit when its due....

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Belcriss

vCash:
Salo... Credit when its due....

Good game Tommy, tough game in Montreal, especially in the third, 5 on 3 etc. Made some excellent stops, you were a leader, and you never let them get that third goal that would have made things close! I have been dissatisfied with your play so far this year, but if you continue to play like you did in Montreal tonight, then I will no longer be. Torres once again shows us that a young guy can do it if he has the drive to win, and an overall good effort for two periods, bit of a let down in the third. 60 mins guys.... can't be taking periods off. Great to win the first one on the road... hope we can beat Ottawa who has been sluggish in recent games! GOOOOOO OIL!!!!!

Old
11-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belcriss
Good game Tommy, tough game in Montreal, especially in the third, 5 on 3 etc. Made some excellent stops, you were a leader, and you never let them get that third goal that would have made things close! I have been dissatisfied with your play so far this year, but if you continue to play like you did in Montreal tonight, then I will no longer be. Torres once again shows us that a young guy can do it if he has the drive to win, and an overall good effort for two periods, bit of a let down in the third. 60 mins guys.... can't be taking periods off. Great to win the first one on the road... hope we can beat Ottawa who has been sluggish in recent games! GOOOOOO OIL!!!!!
I haven't been overly impressed with Salo so far this year, but people have to give him props tonight.

He was strong, and to his credit DIDN'T let in that key goal this time. He maybe doesn't do it as often as we'd like considering the salary he makes, but it can't be said that he never does it, either. Hopefully this will be the start of good things for him.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Walsher

To me this guy is going to shine when we need him. Tommy has never been the most amazing guy out of the gate and to me he needs time to warm up. He is capable of stealing games and he will. Don't scapegoat this guy for defensive give aways and lackluster team performance. He is good and will get better.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:06 AM
LawnDemon

yep, salo played well tonight. he made some monster saves and looked like "the salo of old"...

i really hope he has turned the corner on whatever was causing him to struggle.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:19 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I'm hoping/expecting a BIG road trip for Tommy to kickstart what will be one of his best seasons.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:57 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I'm hoping/expecting a BIG road trip for Tommy to kickstart what will be one of his best seasons.
That would be nice, no doubt. I can't say I've had any faith in Tommy thus far, but it sounds like he played well last night (I didn't get to see the game). Hopefully he can keep it up and turn things around. I think most of us have a greed that there is virtually zero market for Tommy at his current salary and performance levels, so it'd be best for everyone if he can step up to his play of a few preOlympics

Old
11-05-2003, 03:00 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

ive been one of those guys riding salo hard, however he looked great last night. however until he is consistent i will reserve judgement, that is eating crow. keep it up salo.

Old
11-05-2003, 03:08 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
yep, salo played well tonight. he made some monster saves and looked like "the salo of old"...

i really hope he has turned the corner on whatever was causing him to struggle.
Ya, that's my thoughts exactly. He was stellar in this game, makes you remember how good he used to be not too long ago. I don't know if he has another hot streak in him, but if he does, now is a good time.

Old
11-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Mr Sakich

is it possible that the coaching of pete peters is starting to pay dividends? Whenever an athlete changes his routine, it can take a while to show results. A good example is when tiger woods changed his stroke 4-5 years ago. He went from dominant/erratic to competitive/straight to dominating/straight.

Closed Thread