HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

New kid line

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 03:33 AM
Habber

vCash: 500
New kid line

According to today's Gazette:
http://www.canada.com/montreal/montr...9-EFB3E6FE66EB

Hossa is back in and will play on a line with Ribs and Ryder. Ryder goes back to right wing where he's played most of his career (even thought he's a lefty)

Also an "underachievers" line with Zed - Perrault - Audette.

Begin is out for the weekend, so is Koivu.

So I imagine Bulis - Juneau - Dackell is back together and Kilger will centre the 4th line between Langdon and Sundstrom.

What do you guys think of Hossa - Ribs - Ryder? Can't be any worse than what we've seen the last few games.

Old
11-06-2003, 03:37 AM
BLONG7

CJ has gotta do something, sounds like it is worth a try... Somebody's gotta break out and score a couple of goals!

Old
11-06-2003, 03:39 AM
BLONG7

The Gazette says Ryder shoots left??? He shoots right without a doubt!

Old
11-06-2003, 04:02 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Ryder goes back to right wing where he's played most of his career (even thought he's a lefty)
Huh no sorry Ryder's a righty. LW was his off wing. RW is his natural position.

Old
11-06-2003, 04:12 AM
Darz

This might not be bad.
I think Perreault and Zednik might work good together (wish they could put Kilger or someone else with them instead of Audette though) and if Ryder-Ribiero-Hossa can click thats a line you could see for a while.

Old
11-06-2003, 04:35 AM
Habber

Yeah, Ryder does shoot right. I didn't even think about it, I just believed Hickey:
"Ryder might be more relaxed just by moving from left wing to right wing. While he's a left-handed shot, he has played most of his career on the right side."

Well who knows if he's telling the truth if he doesn't even know which way Ryder shoots.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:17 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
wow a line with all semi-snipers... Audette, Perreault, Zednik... Wont be a lot of passing on that line.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Double XX L

Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder

Ryder is going to be the set up guy... That's good for a change. his intensity should do well playing with these 2.

Zednik - Perrault - Audette

Perrault can be easily matched up (which has always been the knock against him) playing with Zednik, who is another bonafide dangerous mark for other teams, these 2 mixed in with Audette can force other teams to take notice of all 3 at the same time.

Bulis - Juneau - Dackell

I think this line has been the best of the bunch if we start from day 1. Bulis is a hard worker, but my main strike against this line is that he does not get rewarded nearly enough for his contributions... At least they are reasonably defensively responsible.

Langdon - Kilger - Sundstrom

Good to see Sundstrom back with this line, he's more of a set up man... and a good mix with Kilger who has a heavy shot (but no accuracy to date) perhaps these 2 can show they can become a good combination.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:16 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

I was wondering... Maybe and just maybe, we could bring up Dagenais just to try him out. You put him and Kilger in front of the net, the goalie wont see anything.. 2 big guys on the powerplay in front of the net.. Just a suggestion. The only problem would be 5-5 where Dagenais is just super slow and probably wouldnt be able to keep up. But two big guys like that.... You just never know, but I thinks it`s worth trying for one or two games... But you tell Dagenais to crash the net or he's back in Hamilton and light a fire under his arse! I`d also would like to see Gratton have another chance at the nhl. That guy is a workhorse. At least we would see effort out of him. I know it wont happen. But it's slow at my job and it gives me something to do.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:22 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
wow a line with all semi-snipers... Audette, Perreault, Zednik... Wont be a lot of passing on that line.
Probablely not but Zednik is the type of player who likes to possess the puck coming over the blue line and in the offensive zone, where the other two are better at coming into and working into the zone without the puck and setting up for the rebounds that hopefully Zednik will create.
Wishfully thinking I know.

Old
11-06-2003, 07:04 AM
GilleZ

It may work one or two games, but its just a quick fix. It wont last, the problem is the players, not the line combos.

Old
11-06-2003, 07:34 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
I was wondering... Maybe and just maybe, we could bring up Dagenais just to try him out. You put him and Kilger in front of the net, the goalie wont see anything.. 2 big guys on the powerplay in front of the net.. Just a suggestion. The only problem would be 5-5 where Dagenais is just super slow and probably wouldnt be able to keep up. But two big guys like that.... You just never know, but I thinks it`s worth trying for one or two games... But you tell Dagenais to crash the net or he's back in Hamilton and light a fire under his arse! I`d also would like to see Gratton have another chance at the nhl. That guy is a workhorse. At least we would see effort out of him. I know it wont happen. But it's slow at my job and it gives me something to do.
These are not the best candidates. Why bring them up?

Old
11-06-2003, 07:41 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
These are not the best candidates. Why bring them up?
Why are these not the best candidates. I personally think we need size upfront to obstruct the goalies vision. Bigger the player, the longer he can stay in front of the net usually. best player right now is Plecanek but he is the same size as the others. I don't think he'll make that much of a difference. Maybe i'm wrong, i'm just saying. Gratton is more for his constant effort, he never quits and he's pretty gritty. We need people that arent afraid to go in front of the net. You wont see Audette doing that. Seing Ward and Begin, two gritty guys out indefinitly, why not bring up gritty guys to replace them. I know theirs sundstrom but he ain't playing like himself this year. I just saying that it's a feasible option that is worth a look into. Just for a couple of games to see if it works.

Closed Thread