Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Pei Rocket 2007 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2006, 09:58 PM
winslow

vCash: 500
Pei Rocket 2007 Season

With truhkno gone what younger forwards will have to step up and replace his point totals? I think locke can definetly put up fifty points if he dosen't get hurt again. I've seen him play AAA here and he just seems to be on the ice for every goal and has some of the best moves and goal scoring ability ive seen

Old
06-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Pothier

I was a little disapointed to see Lessard go from the Olympiques, but I know that we're gettting a great player in Slava Trukhno.

Lessard is great, he will be missed on our blueline.

Old
06-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Marco Corleone

People here on PEI seem excited about the upcoming Rocket season.

We seem to finally have a plan, finally a direction.

We'll be a young team, but IMO an exciting team to watch.

We have a lineup of young kids, and with the #4 overall pick in the draft here Saturday, they'll be looking to snap up local boy Chris Doyle.

The clouds are parting in "Rocketland", more so then what people think.

Old
06-10-2006, 04:12 PM
LHJMQFAN

Well with the draft being finished I don't see much improvement up front on offensive for the Rocket. Let's hope they get two good europeans because it's going to be a long season...

Old
06-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Marco Corleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQFAN
Well with the draft being finished I don't see much improvement up front on offensive for the Rocket. Let's hope they get two good europeans because it's going to be a long season...
Stop being such a damn whiner...

Rocket had a good draft today.

We got Doyle, who is/was the best scorer available in the entire draft.

We ended up getting Evan Mosher, who will be a very good goaltender in this league.

Look at the trades we made?

Brought in offensive FW Guillaume Doucet who had 61 points (24 goals, 37 assists) in 70 games last season.

As of now, we have the best D in our division on paper IMO.

We brought in a stud Dman in Lessard.

We brought in Pierre-Marc Guilbault, who as a Dman had 63pts last season.

We have the Euro draft ahead of us.....always a crapshoot but still....

With the additions of Lessard, Doucet, Guilbault, Doyle and other picks like Clow and Mosher, we are indeed on the right track....and will upset a lot of teams this upcoming season.

Instead of whining all the time, do some research and look at the players the team NOW has.

Defence looks like this as of now:
Grags-Lessard
Guilbault-Lachance
Boutin-Lund

That D is solid and will be a bomb on the PP....where if you knew anything, thats where the games are being decided a lot of the time now.

We currently have 4 20year olds. One has to go.
I expect it to be Laliberte, which should bring back a nice return.

This team is better then the past two seasons already.....and with the players we will be able to trade at the deadline if need be....ala Grags, we will be a force the next season.

Get your head out of the gutter and FINALLY give this team so damn credit.

Last edited by Marco Corleone: 06-11-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old
06-11-2006, 01:23 PM
LHJMQFAN

First of all Rocketfan, if all fans on PEI have your arrogant attitude no wonder the players want out.
Second, I do think the team improved future wise but even if Doyle puts in some points he will not replace Trukhno and Stewart he will be a rookie, and point wise besides those two and Gragnani they had ont third of the Rocket's points last year. Your PP will suffer from Trukhno loss and even if Doucet is good he is no Trukhno. This is what I meant, you have to go get another power forward because as much as your D is improved you cannot rely on defensemen to score and make you win. They have to be well supported by scoring forward, which I don't see too many of on your present team.
This is what I mean and I think you should work on your attitude before you critisize any other person....

Old
06-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Marco Corleone

Quote:
First of all Rocketfan, if all fans on PEI have your arrogant attitude no wonder the players want out.

I think you should work on your attitude before you critisize any other person....
Im saying that the Rocket are doing GOOD things....they are a better team now then they were.......

My attitude was towards your complaining......

Whats wrong with thinking that the team I cheer for has improved?

98% of the fans agree with me..........and i f you cant see that then.....im not sure what you see.

Old
06-12-2006, 09:28 AM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
I'm starting to think Laliberte will stay and Lachance will be the odd man out

That would seem to be a smarter choice for next seasons team as lali , if healthy, is the sniper we desperately need.

As for power forward.. his name is Walker.. and Hawes stepped up huge second half last year and should contribute as well

Truhkno will be missed for sure but he was not a goal scorer.. he was a playmaker

Old
06-12-2006, 01:15 PM
tomahawk

I think there is going to be lots of players moving about after the import draft - especially in the Eastern Division. There are lots of holes to fill on lots of teams.

Old
06-14-2006, 12:13 PM
LHJMQFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickingyerface
Truhkno will be missed for sure but he was not a goal scorer.. he was a playmaker
I agree with you on that one but I think he will be missed a lot on PP. He had a lot of points with Gragnani and Stewart on your PP especially in the first half of the season. When Jean decided to separate them the PP started to struggle and was not producing as much.
The only real problem I see for your team to become a contender is the coach, he has no system and no clue to direct proatices and I am not the only one saying it, lots of scouts that I know from the Maritimes and around the province of Quebec say the same thing. Most of them think that your good players are waisted with him as coach.
You can had all the good players you want if they are not coached properly and if he can't create a good atmosphere then it's worthless.

Old
06-14-2006, 01:56 PM
tomahawk

Quote:
I agree with you on that one but I think he will be missed a lot on PP. He had a lot of points with Gragnani and Stewart on your PP especially in the first half of the season. When Jean decided to separate them the PP started to struggle and was not producing as much.
The only real problem I see for your team to become a contender is the coach, he has no system and no clue to direct proatices and I am not the only one saying it, lots of scouts that I know from the Maritimes and around the province of Quebec say the same thing. Most of them think that your good players are waisted with him as coach.
You can had all the good players you want if they are not coached properly and if he can't create a good atmosphere then it's worthless.

Give Yannick Jean until Christmas. If he hasn't shown by then that he can learn from his mistakes - I say replace him. We just found out that Al MacAdam is going to be living back on PEI again as he just stepped down from the Mooseheads Head Coaching position ..... hmmmm.

Old
07-12-2006, 06:57 PM
wingmanpei

I think the Rocket are going to be even more hard pressed to score goals this up coming season. They lost Trukhno and Stewart where these 2 guys combined for 57 goals on a team that only scored 221 goals all season. That is a big chunk of scoring gone for next season. They really didn't make many moves to make up for that lost offense other than acquiring Doucet and getting Latal in the Euro draft.

They have solidifed their defense, which shouldn't be a problem. But I think the success of the defense will depend on how well they gel and play as a unit.

One real problem I think will be coaching, Yannick Jean should have been fired in the off season. He had a chance to do something with this team and I thought he failed miserably. There was alot of turmoil in the dressing room, power play was horrible and he didn't use his bench very well. He used to lose his temper on the bench and was often seen ranting and raving at the refs. Not a good way to keep his players calm and focused on the game. Alot of people, including Savard Jr, say that he didn't have any time to prepare for last season because he was hired so close to the start of the season. But he had all season to implement his strategy and style of coaching, where he had more of a chance to turn things around than coaches who are hired mid-season.

I think this will be a long season for the Rocket and would not be surprised to see them squeak into the playoffs again this year.

Old
07-14-2006, 12:40 PM
VanNistelrooy

Hey you PEI guys, I would like to know how could you describe LP Lachance, who has been dealt by to Rockets to the Oceanic. Is he a good player ? What kind of defenseman ?

Old
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
wingmanpei

It depends on who you talk to. Some think he is a great defenseman, some think he is horrible. I found that when he is on his game he can be one of the best players on the ice. He is a good skater, willing to join and even start a rush and can be a very good player. He puts in a good effort and reads the ice well.

BUT he can be very inconsistent. As good as he is when he is on his game, he is just as terrible when he has an off night. At times it seems like his head just isn't into it and when that happens he is a defensive liability who coughs up the puck alot in his own end and just plays an all around terrible game. When he has games like that, it seems like it would be best if he stayed in the dressing room.

Overall though he is a good kid who just needs to find that consistency and if he is able to be consistent game in and game out, he could be one of the best defenseman in the league. Perhaps having Dufresne, a former NHL defenseman, as an assistant coach in Rimouski this season will help him with his game.

Old
07-14-2006, 09:59 PM
VanNistelrooy

I definitly like this move. We needed a D, and he's a local talent (I think he's born at Cabnano or something in this area, which is at about 45 minutes of Rimouski.)

André Jolicoeur made some good move and he proved he's one of the most spectacular Gm of the 'Q.

Old
07-15-2006, 03:15 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
I definitly like this move. We needed a D, and he's a local talent (I think he's born at Cabnano or something in this area, which is at about 45 minutes of Rimouski.)

André Jolicoeur made some good move and he proved he's one of the most spectacular Gm of the 'Q.
He is from Notre-Dame-du-Lac which is only about 20 minutes from the NB/QUE border, thats pretty close to Cabano though...but that is still about 2 hours from Rimouski.

Last edited by LaLaLaprise: 07-15-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old
07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
VanNistelrooy

I went to Notre Dame du lac last winter ( I'm form Rimouski), and it's maybe not 2 hours from Rimouski, maybe 1h30. Unless you absolutly want to take the 132...

Old
07-15-2006, 08:58 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
I went to Notre Dame du lac last winter ( I'm form Rimouski), and it's maybe not 2 hours from Rimouski, maybe 1h30. Unless you absolutly want to take the 132...
Yeah i know the HWY 185 is pretty terrible, basically 80 kph the whole way from NB/QUR border to the main highway to Quebec city and Montreal.

Old
07-17-2006, 08:03 PM
LHJMQFAN

Well, Trukhno is gone and I heard this week-end at a tournament that Lali will not be back either. He wants out because of an argumetn that he ahd with the coach at the end of the year... any thouhgts?

Old
07-17-2006, 10:50 PM
tomahawk

Yannick Jean certainly locked horns with a number of his players last season. He lost their respect almost immediately and wouldn't even follow through on his promises to do little things for the team (like giving them a day off from the rink). It looks like he was on a real power trip for a while, but I've also heard that he realizes it and plans to learn from his mistakes. Like I said before, lets give him until Christmas before we cook his goose. But this year goose season opens Dec. 26 on PEI.

Old
07-18-2006, 02:46 PM
LHJMQFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
Yannick Jean certainly locked horns with a number of his players last season. He lost their respect almost immediately and wouldn't even follow through on his promises to do little things for the team (like giving them a day off from the rink). It looks like he was on a real power trip for a while, but I've also heard that he realizes it and plans to learn from his mistakes. Like I said before, lets give him until Christmas before we cook his goose. But this year goose season opens Dec. 26 on PEI.
I know, but it's too bad he took a whole season to realize it (if indeed he did realize it...). PEI lost Trukhno and possibly Laliberte in the process... I think it's a high price to pay for exprience... manadgement failed to de their job and put Jean back on track from the first months. I agree players have some faults but with all that has been said and done it looks to me like Jean was indeed on a power trip and he is not at all a " players coach" like Vigneault or Nolan for example...
Players that return, and they are very few now, will not soon forget his attitude and the way he reated them. Too bad, he is the only responsible for his situation. Let's hope the team does better than last year because they could have done a lot more with good spirit and happy players.

Old
07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
wingmanpei

I hope that he did learn from last year and doesn't came back with the same ego that he had last year. Last year was supposed to have been a re-building year for the Rocket, but I feel that the re-building process has been set back another year with a lot of the blame to be put on Jean's shoulders. Not all of the blame, but alot of it as I still feel that this guy should have been fired.

Old
07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
LHJMQFAN

Well, I, too, sure hope Jean learned from his mistakes, but the thing is, does he even realize he made mistakes? And what about the players he pissed off? Do you think they will forgive and forget and embrace him this year? I don't think so, they may forgive, but they aren't idiots, they will not forget how he treated them all season long, especially the top players... he had no respect at all for his top guys contribution and had his pets that he defended and praised all season long.
Plus, if you have ever been to a Rocket practice, tell me what kind of a system they had? NO SYSTEM at all, that's what they had. No matter how good the players, I really think that Jean will not be successful because he is a lousy coach.

Time will tell, and I honestly hope that I am wrong, but I don't see a very bright future for the Rocket, at least not for this year... Plus, with their captain clearing stating that he will not be back unless he can't find no other place to go, it shows that there is a deep problem, not only with some players, but with almost all of them. Just ask around and you will see. Almost every player had ask their agent for a trade, the only ones that had the guts to go upstairs and ask to be traded directly have been bashed all year and Jean was on their case constantly. The lucky ones got traded, the others had to endure... He is no "player's coach" that is for sure, he is more of a Martel (CHicoutimi) kind of coach, and we saw what Martel did year after year even with incredibly talented teams : NOTHING, because they hate him and eventually they don't want to give the extra effort so he could become a successful coach.
I really really hope that the situation will get better in PEI, but with your GM being stubborn about trading the players that are not happy, and Jean being in charge, I am not too optimistic. But I will follow the team and hope that I was wrong because nothing would make me more happy then to see them have some kind of success. After all the players would deserve it just for surviving the 05-06 season.

Old
08-18-2006, 02:21 PM
hoppy
EK65

Send a message via MSN to hoppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow View Post
I think locke can definetly put up fifty points if he dosen't get hurt again. I've seen him play AAA here and he just seems to be on the ice for every goal and has some of the best moves and goal scoring ability ive seen
He's quite the player.
What's the Rockets D looking like?

I know another guy from the Rock that plans on trying out for the Rockets to meet up with Locke on the Rockets.

Old
08-19-2006, 10:06 AM
tomahawk

If fan interest means anything, the Rocket are off to a very good start. Good crowds for their inter-squad pre season scrimmages and practices. They look pretty good actually.

Closed Thread