Notices

Eric Reitz

Old
06-09-2006, 01:16 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Eric Reitz

I always liked this guy. Hard hitter, but a bit undersized. Is a good character defenseman that sticks up for his fellow teammates. I always thought he deserved a chance to make it with the Wild. Does anyone have any thoughts on him?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 01:20 AM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
I always liked this guy. Hard hitter, but a bit undersized. Is a good character defenseman that sticks up for his fellow teammates. I always thought he deserved a chance to make it with the Wild. Does anyone have any thoughts on him?
I would definitely like to see him get a chance in a Wild uni so I can get a better idea of his potential in the NHL. He should at least be on the roster next year as one of the top 7 D men

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 01:24 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I'm afraid of us trading him and he pulls a Michalek on us

Old
06-09-2006, 01:40 AM
TeamSeals

Quote:
I'm afraid of us trading him and he pulls a Michalek on us
At which point I say we riot in the street until DR resigns for making the same mistake twice in a short timeframe

Old
06-09-2006, 01:47 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I think Reitz would make an excellent Mitchell replacement except maybe with a little more hitting.

Old
06-09-2006, 01:52 AM
TeamSeals

Quote:
I think Reitz would make an excellent Mitchell replacement except maybe with a little more hitting.
What are the rankings for our defensemen under contract for next year right now?

1. Burns
2. Skoula
3. Schultz
4. Foster
5. Reitz
6. Ratchchuk(sp?)

that seems about right to me and if we bring back any of Kuba, Tjarnqvist, henry or Zyuzin that makes 7+ (I wouldnt put any of the UFA higher than 5). Personally I say make a big run at a top flight D man like Chara or Kubina and pair them with Schultz, Skoula-Burns, and Foster-Reitz with Rathchuck the scratch replacement.

Old
06-09-2006, 01:54 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Kuba will be back unfortunately so that means Foster, Reitz, Ratchuk, Skoula and Schultz will all battle it out. Burns and Kuba along with our new signed defenseman will be our top 3...so we have four to choose from.

Old
06-09-2006, 01:58 AM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Kuba will be back unfortunately so that means Foster, Reitz, Ratchuk, Skoula and Schultz will all battle it out. Burns and Kuba along with our new signed defenseman will be our top 3...so we have four to choose from.
I dont mind Kuba but if his esigning costs us a true top pairing FA then I will be angry, also I think Kuba resigning means Reitz gets the shaft, either way boo. Kuba justs doesnt do enough offensively or defensively to stay on our current squad, everone else has him beat in some category. I think Foster is the most comparable to Kuba on the roster but he gets the edge due to age and his shot from the point so keeping Kuba seems like it will only hold the team back (unless the Ratchuck signing was meaningless and he has no shot of sticking then all should be well)

Old
06-09-2006, 12:32 PM
The Big E

The Ratchuk signing definitely means Zyuisin is gone, but if we do sign a UFA D-Man I think that Kuba is gone, too. Just to defend Kuba a smidge, here ... he had a total crap season. He's much better than the numbers he put up last year. Maybe we'll give him the chance to pull his head out. However, you're right that keeping him means Reitz gets shafted. Maybe we'll move on ... ?

Hmmm ...

I'm really glad the World Cup starts today so that I'll be really well distracted until Draft Day and then it'll suddenly be free agent season and all this speculation can end and we start speculating on the UFAs we sign ...

... here's hoping ...

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 11:19 AM
DWP

Quote:
I think you have Reitz down pretty good. His skating is underated. He can hit but can't fight worth a crap. But he doesn't let this get in the way. He can take a punch and does.

His size is of concern. He has offensive skills but has been unable to make them work for him at the AHL level. He does remind one of Michalek except with an edge.
He could make a good third line defensemen.

DWP is offline   Reply With Quote