Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Danbury Trashers (UHL) Owner Arrested

Old
06-14-2006, 08:43 AM
AdmiralPred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
6 teams folding is never a good thing, but I think if the remaining 10 can keep most of these players around, there could be an impressive upgrade in the action.
In the long run, provided those in charge are capable, this should be more of a boon for the U-Haul League. I think it was the owner of Fort Wayne who made the comment that the South-ward expansion days can now be put behind them and considered a failed experiment when Roanoke and Richmond folded. The consolidation within the Great Lakes Region will benifit the league, and if they are able to inch their way back into New York with stops in Ohio and Pensylvania that would probably be most ideal. Unless they can land a team in WI & MN. Something I caught on the Web is that there may be expansion to Pennsylvania, weather this falls through with the folding of Glenn Falls and Danbury, or this is used to bridge Elmira to Michigan, I don't know. Yet another problem lies, and Hans eluded to this in this forum, with the Elmira owner and his less-than-stellar track record with handling his minor hockey teams. (The concessions weren't open in Louisville one Sunday afternoon!!)

The owners that remain with the league seem to be the more sound owners, save Elmira and I'm going to put the Hounds owner there also, and there are some new arenas joining the league this season which will be good. This was a trim the fat, take the losses kind of off season that wa needed, much like the NHL lockout. These things gotta happen every so often, like "going to the mattresses".

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Rumblick

If I'm not mistaken (and I believe Hans can correct me if I'm not), the Dixons and the Afrs are connected to the expansion teams. If they are, this doesn't bode well for the league, as they are two of the crash and burn ownership groups Brosal is so enamored with.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 12:27 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
If I'm not mistaken (and I believe Hans can correct me if I'm not), the Dixons and the Afrs are connected to the expansion teams. If they are, this doesn't bode well for the league, as they are two of the crash and burn ownership groups Brosal is so enamored with.
Dr. Eric Margenau who was given the Richmond team last summer has them in Chicago this year, and I haven't seen anything about Afr other than him owning Elmira.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 07:19 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

I don't think Afr is connected to Bloomington, no. I think that's a local group.

As for "improving the quality of play", there's a fallacy at play there. It assumes that UHL players would only play in the UHL... and that's wrong. The CHL, UHL, and ECHL are -mostly- competing for the same players. The UHL has lost a net of 4 teams... and the ECHL has gained a net of one (possibly two if Greenville holds one), and the CHL has gained a net of two (possibly three if Fort Worth resurrects themselves). That's 1 fewer to one MORE team at that level... so I predict the quality of play in the UHL will be near-indistinguishable from this past season... except for the effect of Danbury's salary cap woes, which might drive it further down.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Ste'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste' View Post
A fan rumour here in Italy told that the Omicioli brothers could be back to Italy for next season. Did you heard nothing about it ?
They'll be back to Bolzano http://www.hcb.net/articles.php?keyw...ba195633c273b2 (in Italian).

Ste' is offline   Reply With Quote