HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need help with Inline Skates

Old
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM
nexusrage21

vCash: 500
Need help with Inline Skates

I have asked this question once before, didn't really get a lot of help, but at the time it was a lot less urgent than it is now.

I have a size 15 1/2 to 16 shoe, and I am in need of new skates for inline hockey.

I currently have a pair of nike skates size 14 that I got 6 years ago, but they a. ) never really fit quite right, and b.) are now falling apart. So if I want to continue playing I need to find new skates.

Which leads me to my *PLEA* for help. Does anyone know anywhere that I could find either skates that might fit my feet, or somewhere that I could get custom sized skates done?

If not, does anyone know any skates that aren't specifically hockey skates that might be good for hockey, because I have noticed that I can usually find skates that aren't hockey skates in larger sizes.

Thanks again.

nexusrage21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 06:47 PM
BringBackStevens

wish i could help you... those are huge feet bro

largest skates i see on average are size 13

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 09:09 AM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusrage21
I have asked this question once before, didn't really get a lot of help, but at the time it was a lot less urgent than it is now.

I have a size 15 1/2 to 16 shoe, and I am in need of new skates for inline hockey.

I currently have a pair of nike skates size 14 that I got 6 years ago, but they a. ) never really fit quite right, and b.) are now falling apart. So if I want to continue playing I need to find new skates.

Which leads me to my *PLEA* for help. Does anyone know anywhere that I could find either skates that might fit my feet, or somewhere that I could get custom sized skates done?

If not, does anyone know any skates that aren't specifically hockey skates that might be good for hockey, because I have noticed that I can usually find skates that aren't hockey skates in larger sizes.

Thanks again.
Theres a bunch on ebay it looks like. About a month ago I saw a pair of size 13 CCM Tacks that I was gonna buy just for the chassis. You could just look around for any skate on ebay for a size 13 and get the chassis you want someplace else.

I have 2 sets of frames that I won't be using, a pair of Labeda Hum'ers and a pair of Sure Grip H400's. I think the Sure Grips go for like 20 bucks at HockeyMonkey. But the Labedas came off of a pair of Tours I got, those are worth like $140 bucks alone.

Remember you could always get ice skates and switch em out.

Last edited by bladoww: 06-10-2006 at 10:47 AM.
bladoww is offline   Reply With Quote