HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
trade Proposal

To CGY: Zednik, Rivet, Hainsey and Perezhogin and 1st
To MTL: Iginla, Gauthier, Nystrom

If you break it out it would mean;
Zednik, Hainsey and 1st for Iginla
Rivet for Gauthier
Nystrom for Perezhogin

CGY needs scoring we need size.... I think it could be a decent package for both teams. We get Gauthier and get rid of Rivet. Gauthier plays on the left side and would be a great partner for Komisarek. It would give more strenght to our defence. On offence Iginla would instantly become our best player and would relieve pressour from Koivu when he comes back he is big and plays a big men's game. Nystrom could be a great addition to our third line down the road but he is not the key to his transaction and frankly I would do it even if we were not part of the package. Buy out Audette and you end up with the following team:

Bulis, Ribeiro, Iginla
Ryder, Koivu, Audette
Kilger, Juneau, Dackell
Begin, Perreault, Hossa

Markov, Quintal
Souray, Brisebois
Gauthier, Komisarek

Old
11-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Lewis63

It's a lot to get iginla...but I guess you need to give to get.

oh and by the way Audette is still in your roster and Hossa is in the stands are you CJ in disguise?

Old
11-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Joe Maximum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!

Rivet for Gauthier
Nystrom for Perezhogin

CGY needs scoring we need size.... I think it could be a decent package for both teams. We get Gauthier and get rid of Rivet. Gauthier plays on the left side and would be a great partner for Komisarek. It would give more strenght to our defence. On offence Iginla would instantly become our best player and would relieve pressour from Koivu when he comes back he is big and plays a big men's game. Nystrom could be a great addition to our third line down the road but he is not the key to his transaction and frankly I would do it even if we were not part of the package. Buy out Audette and you end up with the following team:

Bulis, Ribeiro, Iginla
Ryder, Koivu, Audette
Kilger, Juneau, Dackell
Begin, Perreault, Hossa

Markov, Quintal
Souray, Brisebois
Gauthier, Komisarek
And why exactly would CGY want Rivet and his contract?

Old
11-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!

Rivet for Gauthier
Nystrom for Perezhogin

Bulis, Ribeiro, Iginla
Ryder, Koivu, Audette
Kilger, Juneau, Dackell
Begin, Perreault, Hossa

Markov, Quintal
Souray, Brisebois
Gauthier, Komisarek
If you take out Rivet and Nystrom the proposal is more realistic. Calgary have loads of Ds. They need offense. And no way they take on Rivet's big contract. One of the reason to let go Iginla to begin with would be to lighten the payroll. No way they take some back. Also they would probably want Garon more than Hainsey or Perezhogin.

Also no offense but your lineup sucks.

Bulis - Koivu - Iginla
Hossa - Ribeiro/Plekanec - Ryder
Kilger - Juneau - Dackell
Begin - Perreault - Audette/Sundstrom

That's more like it...

Old
11-06-2003, 06:15 AM
Habs4ever

Iginla makes $7.5 M this year!!

I wouldn't be in so muh hurry to get him, if he's coming for over $7 M then why don't we just sign top free agent for over $9 M, it would mean we keep all our prospects and players in the roster, and with so many players contract running out next year it is a possibility, And all this for what Iginla isn't that big maybe little bit upgrade over Zednik but if we already have zednik so why acquire expensive player with CBA expiring next year, it would halt rebuilding plan and pretty much set us back three year no way I'm accepting that kind of bold headed move!!!

Closed Thread