HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Who will be the next Player or players sent to Manchester?

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 11:41 AM
monarchs0102

vCash: 500
Who will be the next Player or players sent to Manchester?

Let me know what you think.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:09 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchs0102
Let me know what you think.
My guess is that Strbak is probably going to get sent tomorrow to make room for Corvo. Holland would have to clear waivers and Strbak doesn't.

Next question, who will get sent when Stumpel is ready to come off of IR???? Sim was left unprotected and went unclaimed during the waiver draft, so unless the Kings want to risk say Chartrand who was protected, likely Sim for Stumpel????

Old
11-05-2003, 09:30 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
my guess is that Sim stays and Cammalleri goes when that bridge has to be crossed.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
my guess is that Sim stays and Cammalleri goes when that bridge has to be crossed.
The former would have to clear waivers while the latter would not, right?

Old
11-06-2003, 07:26 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
That's probably a GOOD guess. If my memory serves me right, Cammalleri is on a two-way contract so it would be a big savings $$$ in salary as well and with the Kings already having to pay Brown 1-Million plus for this season, doesn't make sense for LA to keep Cammalleri in LA at over 1M$ to compete for the same ice time as Brown. In short, probably makes financial sense to have one of the two prospects in Manchester and Brown is not an option.

Old
11-06-2003, 07:46 AM
guzmania

Pirnes is also an option as far as forwards go. When Kuznetzov is conditioned will Gleason go down? Strbak? Then maybe just maybe we'll have to clear room for Deadmarsh. But let's not get ahead ourselves.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:00 AM
LuckyLUC20

From the way I've been hearing things from Murray on the radio during Kings' Talk, they really like Gleason to stay all year with the team. I think his permanent partner for the year will be Aaron Miller, except in penalty kill situations where Miller and Norstrom are partners... or atleast that's how I interpreted it. I may be wrong.

My guess is either Holland or Strbak go down when Kuznetsov joins the team.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:27 AM
TubbyTerrion*

also, though this may be an unpopular point...

at SOME point (when they actually put Kuznetsov on the roster) you might see them ship Corvo back to Manchester, knowing that he may have to clear waivers, and secretly hoping that their "bad seed" gets picked up by someone else.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Otin Gahi

It's Strbak...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=59627

Old
11-06-2003, 10:09 AM
BINGO

Quote:
also, though this may be an unpopular point...

at SOME point (when they actually put Kuznetsov on the roster) you might see them ship Corvo back to Manchester, knowing that he may have to clear waivers, and secretly hoping that their "bad seed" gets picked up by someone else.

Bad seed huh? Do you really know what happened?
I highly doubt that Joe would clear waivers, and I think that LA's mgmt knows it as well. They would loose a great up and coming player and receive probably nothing for him. If the team wants to get rid of him, they will trade him. To expose joe to the waiver line would be insane.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:24 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otin Gahi
And Strbak is the winner! (or loser)

Here's the Monarchs write-up on the move.

11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
And Strbak is the winner! (or loser)

Here's the Monarchs write-up on the move.
Interesting that in a "related" move to make room for a D-man, the Monarchs ship Forward Leon Hayward to Reading given that the Monarchs still have a Non-LA contract D-man in ManchVegas. Could this be part of a "Cammo-flage" move to be comming soon!!! They are paying him BIG bucks to watch right now!

Old
11-07-2003, 07:44 AM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Interesting that in a "related" move to make room for a D-man, the Monarchs ship Forward Leon Hayward to Reading given that the Monarchs still have a Non-LA contract D-man in ManchVegas. Could this be part of a "Cammo-flage" move to be comming soon!!! They are paying him BIG bucks to watch right now!
Maybe we will get to see Cammo this weekend......

Old
11-07-2003, 08:47 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
Bad seed huh? Do you really know what happened?
I highly doubt that Joe would clear waivers, and I think that LA's mgmt knows it as well. They would loose a great up and coming player and receive probably nothing for him. If the team wants to get rid of him, they will trade him. To expose joe to the waiver line would be insane.
1. I know the Kings don't like any sort of controversy from fringe players... (Karalahti)

2. Corvo was exempt from the waiver draft (inexplicably, IMHO) so it is possible he will NOT have to clear waivers. (He was even sent to Manchester for the playoffs last year.)

3. The word is "lose", not "loose" --- It's a frequent mistake among BBSers, but one that should be mentioned nonetheless.

4. "Great Up And Coming" --- uh, how about marginal guy no longer considered a prospect, but a capable defenseman with some offensive upside.

5. If the team wants to trade him they will have to find a team that would consider him an upgrade to what they have already. You go scour the rosters and see where Joe Corvo is a perfect fit... Not much out there.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:45 AM
IGM

I agree with most of what you said tubby.

The only exception is your correcting his grammar. THAT, is something that we tend to leave be on these boards. It is absolutely unnecessary to go around correcting the way some posters spell or the grammar they use on a hockey BB. Most of the time it is due to poor typing skills or some other problem other than anything related to a posters actual grammatical skills and even when it isn't, it is just sort of sad and anal to go around pointing out others mistakes. It doesn't add to the discussion of hockey so why bother. Take solice in the fact that you not only recognize other posters mistakes but that you are above making them feel bad about them. Take the high road. If you can't, then take that part of your skills to LGK and help them with their grammatical problems. This is just a friendlier more relaxed kind of BB.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:09 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
I agree with most of what you said tubby.

The only exception is your correcting his grammar. THAT, is something that we tend to leave be on these boards. It is absolutely unnecessary to go around correcting the way some posters spell or the grammar they use on a hockey BB. Most of the time it is due to poor typing skills or some other problem other than anything related to a posters actual grammatical skills and even when it isn't, it is just sort of sad and anal to go around pointing out others mistakes. It doesn't add to the discussion of hockey so why bother. Take solice in the fact that you not only recognize other posters mistakes but that you are above making them feel bad about them. Take the high road. If you can't, then take that part of your skills to LGK and help them with their grammatical problems. This is just a friendlier more relaxed kind of BB.

good post, igm. by the way, that should actually be "solace," and not "solice."

no, i'm just kidding.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:19 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
good post, igm. by the way, that should actually be "solace," and not "solice."

no, i'm just kidding.
Yeah, and what's with all this no capital letter stuff!?
And if you're just kidding do you have a link that proves you're just kidding.

Oh and what do we need another centerman for anyway? Is Lang really a top six? TL is just spinning this for PA. And why dont WE have a Union pacific train airhorn instead of the fog horn when we score a goal at Staples? I think they should set that sucker off whenever the Lakers or Clippers score. 54-40 or fight!

Old
11-07-2003, 01:15 PM
IGM

I don't believe I actualy spelled that word wrong. Oh well, it further proves my point. (and with a good chuckle too)

Go get em guz! AIR HORN OR BUST! (at least what we do have is better than that ultra gay "GOOOO LA" thing that were playing when 99 first came to LA. Do you remember that one? I was always more saddened everytime we scored when that was our battle song then I was happy. DADA DADA DADA! GOOOOOOO LA GOOOOOOOO LA! Ugh.

I remember going to a game at the old BlackHawks bldg in the early 80's (late 70's? too much time has passed) and when they scored I jumped out of my skin! It truly scared the hell out of me when that thing blew. I was sitting there drinking my stolen beer when BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
I dropped the beer and jumped. The way the seasts were there you were almost on top of the guy in front of you and that guy wasn't real happy with me. It made the point though. WE SCORED!

Instead of "we scored" goooooooo LA da da da da da gooooooo la. AIRHORN FOR THE STAPLES CENTER! THE WINNER OF THIS YEARS BATTLE OF THE OFFICE SUPPLY STORES FROZEN FURY!

Old
11-07-2003, 02:47 PM
BINGO

Quote:
1. I know the Kings don't like any sort of controversy from fringe players... (Karalahti)

2. Corvo was exempt from the waiver draft (inexplicably, IMHO) so it is possible he will NOT have to clear waivers. (He was even sent to Manchester for the playoffs last year.)

3. The word is "lose", not "loose" --- It's a frequent mistake among BBSers, but one that should be mentioned nonetheless.

4. "Great Up And Coming" --- uh, how about marginal guy no longer considered a prospect, but a capable defenseman with some offensive upside.

5. If the team wants to trade him they will have to find a team that would consider him an upgrade to what they have already. You go scour the rosters and see where Joe Corvo is a perfect fit... Not much out there.

1. If LA really wanted to get rid of Joe for this, he would be long gone. The entire team and coaching staff was with him when this happened. Joe was not the only one in handcuffs that night. From what I recall, a "few" of the Monarchs were put in pc. Maybe they saw EXACTLY
what happened and reacted accordingly.

2.His age and number of games played are the reason on waivers. Yes Joe came back to Manchester for the playoffs, but he wasn't alone.

3.So soorry, oops see I did it again.

4. If Joe is not "up and coming", use another word to describe him or his style of play that does not start with the word UP.

5. You actually think that no teams would be interested in Joe Corvo?
You go "scour" the rosters.

6. Put the pipe down and get over yourself.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:12 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:

Oooo...ooooo... I want to play too!

1.) Karalahti had/has a severe drinking and drug problem of which he was completely unwilling to rid himself. The Kings had to move him for whatever they could get before he went down Theo Fleury's path. I may be wrong, but I don't think Corvo is a serial pregnant-woman-kicker. And call me crazy, but I'd like to think that the organization would look at everyone on a case by case basis. BTW - Karalahti continues to have problems with the law back in Finland.

2.) I can neither confirm nor deny this.

3.) Grammar/spelling/syntax police alert!

4.) Great up and coming? Depends upon how you define that. I can see Corvo as a late bloomer that is just now getting the opportunity to show what he can do. But who knows. He does have one of the hardest shots from the point and might be able to add 20-25 points if playing on a full-time basis.

5.) The Kings don't necessarily need to find a team that would consider Corvo an upgrade to their own d-men. He's cheap and has yet to hit his RFA years. They could move him as part of a package for an RFA (e.g. Comrie) or as a salary dump (e.g. to one of the Canadian teams looking to blowout overpriced pieces). There's been some talk that Montreal is looking to move some of their veteran d-man contracts (Brisebois, Shouray, et al) where the Kings might be able to acquire that physical d-man they were looking for earlier this season. In short, it's not so much about an upgrade as it is about fitting the right piece into the right puzzle.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:23 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM

I remember going to a game at the old BlackHawks bldg in the early 80's (late 70's? too much time has passed) and when they scored I jumped out of my skin! It truly scared the hell out of me when that thing blew. I was sitting there drinking my stolen beer when BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
I dropped the beer and jumped. The way the seasts were there you were almost on top of the guy in front of you and that guy wasn't real happy with me. It made the point though. WE SCORED!
There's a story about a goalie from Europe (Pelle Linburgh?) who was playing a pretty good game at Chicago Stadium who was scored on, they blew the horn and he was also surprised. I think his game just fell apart. Lost the game. Does anyone remember the real and full story?

Closed Thread