HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Buying a jersey

Old
07-05-2006, 10:54 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 500
Buying a jersey

I was wondering which is the cheapest place you have found to get a customized jersey?

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMaiShu View Post
I was wondering which is the cheapest place you have found to get a customized jersey?
Is that a customized "pro colors" jersey? Or do you want to customize the whole thing including colors?

Head coach
http://www.passthepuck.net

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:26 AM
NJDevs430

Okay...here's a stupid question:
When I'm buying a jersey, should I "over-size" it with regard to equipment?
In other words...say I wear an XL shirt - should I go up to a XXL jersey to compenstae for the extra room the equipment (non-goalie), or is that already factored in when they make the jerseys?
}:-)>

NJDevs430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430 View Post
Okay...here's a stupid question:
When I'm buying a jersey, should I "over-size" it with regard to equipment?
In other words...say I wear an XL shirt - should I go up to a XXL jersey to compenstae for the extra room the equipment (non-goalie), or is that already factored in when they make the jerseys?
You buy it to conpensate for the equipment. I suggest XL if you are an adult that will be using equipment and a size L if you are not using equipment.

Head coach

Old
07-06-2006, 05:14 PM
DeputyDan

Be careful on the mail order ones - Often they use the wrong fonts and are much cheaper "made" than official wear.

DeputyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:03 PM
The Tourettes Guy

Send a message via MSN to The Tourettes Guy
I have a lot of questions so bare with me. I've never had a jersey before and I desperately want an Oilers one. I've been searching sites all day and noticed that nhl.com and rivercitysports.com have sold out of the home jerseys. I'm on cooljerseys.com right now and they seem to have pretty decent pricing on some of their stuff. Are there really a lot of differences between replica and authentic? Also i'm about 5'6 and weight 150 pounds and i'm of average build. I've noticed that some sites offer small, medium, large, etc etc while others sites have jerseys listed at 46,48,52,56. What sizes should I really look into? Do the jerseys shrink a lot? The reason i'm asking is because here in Sudbury there is practically nowhere to buy nice jerseys. They don't sell anything Edmonton here and I really don't feel like driving all the way to Southern Ontario just to try on a jersey! Any feedback would be really awesome.

The Tourettes Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Headcoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrosive View Post
I have a lot of questions so bare with me. I've never had a jersey before and I desperately want an Oilers one. I've been searching sites all day and noticed that nhl.com and rivercitysports.com have sold out of the home jerseys. I'm on cooljerseys.com right now and they seem to have pretty decent pricing on some of their stuff. Are there really a lot of differences between replica and authentic? Also i'm about 5'6 and weight 150 pounds and i'm of average build. I've noticed that some sites offer small, medium, large, etc etc while others sites have jerseys listed at 46,48,52,56. What sizes should I really look into? Do the jerseys shrink a lot? The reason i'm asking is because here in Sudbury there is practically nowhere to buy nice jerseys. They don't sell anything Edmonton here and I really don't feel like driving all the way to Southern Ontario just to try on a jersey! Any feedback would be really awesome.
Do yourself a favor, go to the proshop and try one on and see what size fits. That's your best bet. Once you have the size that fits you the way you want it, then and only then, go to the web and order it. This way there will be no mistakes on what size you will need. If you want a game jesery that the players wear go with CCM, they are the offical game jersey manufacture.

Then, if you want all of the stuff put on it, I can get you some pricing on a place that will put all of the bells and whistles on it....letters, names, numbers etc. let me know if you are interested.

Head coach

Old
07-07-2006, 09:28 AM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
You buy it to conpensate for the equipment. I suggest XL if you are an adult that will be using equipment and a size L if you are not using equipment.

Head coach
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrosive View Post
...I really don't feel like driving all the way to Southern Ontario just to try on a jersey!
Pfft! ...you sure are picky!
(I KID, I KID!!)

NJDevs430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:45 PM
ModSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
Do yourself a favor, go to the proshop and try one on and see what size fits. That's your best bet. Once you have the size that fits you the way you want it, then and only then, go to the web and order it. This way there will be no mistakes on what size you will need. If you want a game jesery that the players wear go with CCM, they are the offical game jersey manufacture.

Then, if you want all of the stuff put on it, I can get you some pricing on a place that will put all of the bells and whistles on it....letters, names, numbers etc. let me know if you are interested.

Head coach
Great advice...have him go to the LHS and shop them to buy it online.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Headcoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSquad View Post
Great advice...have him go to the LHS and shop them to buy it online.
Did you not see the word...Cheap!

Head coach