Ellis-top 20 goalie
Eriksson-Best Rookie
Lessard- Goal scorer
Barch- Fighter
Tjarnqvist- Most pts per game
Fahey-solid D
Belle- High Prospect
Gabinet- solid D

What are you left with? What is this team looking like next year? And what guys can they go and get? Maybe Westrum, Law, Hudler, Haydar and Cassivi will come and help out? Especially without Edmonton's players

What do you think GLU?

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2006, 10:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
If it's the same Belle, he was traded to Minnesota

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Dr GLU

vCash: 500
It's really too early to tell what will happen.

There's still a couple months to sign Euro players. For all I know, they might come to terms with Fransson or Khomitski. Or maybe they'll sign a guy like Immonen or Naurov just to fill the roster. (Yes, I know the Stars don't have exclusive rights to some of these guys anymore, but they still can sign them).

I think to fill out the roster they're going to have to luck out and find a partner or just pick up a bunch of veterans honestly though.

Dr GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 07:09 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLU
It's really too early to tell what will happen.

There's still a couple months to sign Euro players. For all I know, they might come to terms with Fransson or Khomitski. Or maybe they'll sign a guy like Immonen or Naurov just to fill the roster. (Yes, I know the Stars don't have exclusive rights to some of these guys anymore, but they still can sign them).

I think to fill out the roster they're going to have to luck out and find a partner or just pick up a bunch of veterans honestly though.

You're still sharing the team next year with the Oilers, right? There's potential that they would possibly send down Schremp or Dubnyk.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
You're still sharing the team next year with the Oilers, right?
na...don't think (and hope) so.....don't scare me

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
You're still sharing the team next year with the Oilers, right? There's potential that they would possibly send down Schremp or Dubnyk.
No, we aren't. The Oilers are using Greenville in the ECHL as one of their places to send their prospects. I cant remember where the other place was but it was going to be anothr shared AHL franchise. But I think they were still in negotiations.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Kevin Wey

There is no more time to sign European players except those taken in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The European signing deadline was June 15. There is an initial deadline of July 15 for signing transfer prospects taken in the 2006 Draft, and then a $100,000 additional transfer fee for players taken between July 16 and August 15. Because there are also additional fees for transfers playing fewer than 30 NHL games in the first year of their transfer, ($50,000 for a first rounder, $100,000 for a second rounder, and $150,000 for a third rounder on up), few, if any, Euros who are taken in the 2006 Draft will be brought over for the 2006-07 season.

Also, all Euros drafted in the 2002 Draft or prior had to be signed by June 15 or they became unrestricted free agents.

[Edited so that it says June 15, not 1, sorry for confusion]

Last edited by Kevin Wey: 06-10-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Kevin Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Starsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
There is no more time to sign European players except those taken in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The European signing deadline was June 1. There is an initial deadline of July 15 for signing transfer prospects taken in the 2006 Draft, and then a $100,000 additional transfer fee for players taken between July 16 and August 15. Because there are also additional fees for transfers playing fewer than 30 NHL games in the first year of their transfer, ($50,000 for a first rounder, $100,000 for a second rounder, and $150,000 for a third rounder on up), few, if any, Euros who are taken in the 2006 Draft will be brought over for the 2006-07 season.

Also, all Euros drafted in the 2002 Draft or prior had to be signed by June 1 or they became unrestricted free agents.
What about russians since the transfer agreement was just negotiated ex, Naurov, Khomitski

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
There is no more time to sign European players except those taken in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The European signing deadline was June 1.
huh ? i think the June 1 deadline was only for keeping the rights from european prospects drafted in 2002 or before....but you can still sign them as UFAs...

and you can also still sign those, who has been drafted later...

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Dr GLU

Quote:
Also, all Euros drafted in the 2002 Draft or prior had to be signed by June 1 or they became unrestricted free agents.
Which means the Stars can still sign them.

Dr GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Kevin Wey

Sorry for the confusion, I meant June 15, which gives them a few more days.

Here's a link regarding the June 15 deadline though.

http://www.iihf.com//news/iihfpr9505.htm

The Russians currently do not fall under the current Player Transfer Agreement between the NHL and the IIHF.

And true, unrestricted free agents can sign with the Stars, but a player like Khomitsky might have a better chance of cracking an NHL line-up somewhere else.

Last edited by Kevin Wey: 06-10-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old
06-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Kevin Wey

As of yesterday, it looks like the NHL and the Russian Federation will be signing a separate PTA. ESPN reported the Russian Federation had approved it. If it is signed before the June 15 deadline, there may be short burst of Russian signings.

The Pittsburgh Penguins just breathed a sigh of relief.

Old
06-11-2006, 03:56 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
As of yesterday, it looks like the NHL and the Russian Federation will be signing a separate PTA. ESPN reported the Russian Federation had approved it. If it is signed before the June 15 deadline, there may be short burst of Russian signings.

The Pittsburgh Penguins just breathed a sigh of relief.
I thought it was suppose to be signed June 16th, though that's just a rumor i saw. Though if the sign it after the 15th like the 16th wouldn't they give a extension to sign just for Russian players for 2-3 days?

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Kevin Wey

Good point. The separate agreement with the Russian Federation could have entirely different signing deadlines.

Magnitogorsk cannot be happy though...