HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why does everyone want Souray gone?

Old
06-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Why does everyone want Souray gone?

Am I the only one who thinks he's pretty damn valueable to the Habs?

Sure, he had a few brain farts last season, but it is Spezza and Briere we're talking about here. 2 highly skilled forwards.

We all know the Habs are a bit short on defence right now and losing Souray wouldn't help in that department.

He has a great shot and losing him would definately hurt our PP imo.

I say we hold on to him. Anyone else agree?

Pretty much the only way I'd want him gone right now is if we packaged him with Abby and Ribs to Tampa for Vinny. But we all know that won't happen.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
habsforlife

i dont think there is a lot of people who wants him out. maybe a minority.

the only way they want him out is if we get something great in the transaction.

no one wants to trade just for the sake of trading him i believe.

habsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
tCHeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsforlife
i dont think there is a lot of people who wants him out. maybe a minority.

the only way they want him out is if we get something great in the transaction.

no one wants to trade just for the sake of trading him i believe.
It's the very same answer that I wanted to say

tCHeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
znk

I DO NOT want him to leave.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Marc-E-

It's not that we don't want him, but if you want acquire a big name you have to give in return and Souray has the worth on the market.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 02:45 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
I DO NOT want him to leave.
I agree. I think trading Souray be a HUGE MISTAKE and would create a hole on D that would be very very difficult to fill. He may not be the most talented on the Habs D, but he has a "presence" that no one else on the Habs D has imho.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Habs13

I want Souray to stay with the Habs.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I have the feeling that Souray's market value might be higher then what he'll bring to us in the future. If I'm right with that statement, I wouldn't mind to see him leave. But I like him as a player and I would be sad to see him go away in a trade. On the other hand, I know that we will not get a prospect or a pick for him...it would be for some immediate help.

He's a big part of our defence, but with Rivet and Bouillon having career year, he could be expendable. Don't forget that we could replace him with a UFA...

And for the PP, I wouldn't be to worried. Markov can do more and Kovalev and Kostitsyn already played the point a few times...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Taupy

I want him out because he said that he would love to go in the West Coast to see her daughter, to trading him near her daughter could be a good idea cause he would probably have more value because of that.

It's not like we want him out because he's bad, it's because it's a question of location and not performance.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:23 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
I want him out because he said that he would love to go in the West Coast to see her daughter, to trading him near her daughter could be a good idea cause he would probably have more value because of that.

It's not like we want him out because he's bad, it's because it's a question of location and not performance.
hmm i believed he actually said the opposite. He knows there's things bigger then hockey, but he wouldnt want to leave the habs because of that. He didnt seem to want to go play to BC or LA...LA bringing him closer to his daughter, yes, but to his psycho wife too...

on that note, unless we get another D man that is physically imposing, i dont want Souray to go anywhere. He really turned it around in the second half (after the matrimonial thing) and he's proven to be a solid member of the D....

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:30 PM
turnbuckle*

Why do the dissenting opinions of a few always become "everyone"?

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
To get something you have to give good assets. Souray probably have a nice value on the market, it's why people include him in trade offers.

There is more D than forward available in UFA. IF we get a D UFA that can play on the PP, we could live without Souray if it allow us to improve our offense considerably.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:33 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
hmm i believed he actually said the opposite. He knows there's things bigger then hockey, but he wouldnt want to leave the habs because of that. He didnt seem to want to go play to BC or LA...LA bringing him closer to his daughter, yes, but to his psycho wife too...

on that note, unless we get another D man that is physically imposing, i dont want Souray to go anywhere. He really turned it around in the second half (after the matrimonial thing) and he's proven to be a solid member of the D....
I don't think we know that his wife is psycho, but regardless... I don't think he moves the puck well enough to play in a Cup contender's top 4. We're not a Cup contender, but we will be the day guys like Souray and Rivet are on our third pairing. As for this defense, it is a house of cards and if you take Souray out the whole thing comes down until you replace it with a new scheme.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

It's not that I want him out, it's that I consider him expendable. He has good trading value, and we could take the opportunity to upgrade him with an UFA.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 03:44 PM
znk

He's the best fighter on the team(players know not to mess arround when Sourray is on the ice) and the best scorring D on the team. If you trade him you lose 2 key features and you will most likely need 2 players to fill those features.

Old
06-11-2006, 04:45 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
He's the best fighter on the team(players know not to mess arround when Sourray is on the ice) and the best scorring D on the team. If you trade him you lose 2 key features and you will most likely need 2 players to fill those features.
Exactly.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 04:54 PM
jcpenny

Im part of the people who wants him gone for several reasons.

1. Laterally he cant move and in this new NHL its critical
2. Hes awful one on one
3. Makes horrible plays under pressure
4. Doesnt move the puck that well which is also critical in the new NHL
5. Slow Foot speed

Souray's shot and physical play are still a big asset for the Habs and that is why i wouldnt want him gone at any expense. What i mean is that if we move souray its for an upgrade and not similar value for example; Eric Brewer, Pavel Kubina, Jovanovski, Redden and so on...

Some say that its between Rivet and Souray and the reason why i keep Rivet is that he has better mobility, moves the puck better and makes better decision under pressure.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Biggsy

Im not sure i personally like him hes tough and if he didnt have those hand problems im sure he'd fight more and thats what the habs need is some tougher guys like him

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 05:11 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggsy
Im not sure i personally like him hes tough and if he didnt have those hand problems im sure he'd fight more and thats what the habs need is some tougher guys like him
Fighting has nothing to do with toughness, i dont recall scott stevens being a fighter but hes the toughest SOB to ever play the game.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15
Am I the only one who thinks he's pretty damn valueable to the Habs?

Sure, he had a few brain farts last season, but it is Spezza and Briere we're talking about here. 2 highly skilled forwards.

We all know the Habs are a bit short on defence right now and losing Souray wouldn't help in that department.

He has a great shot and losing him would definately hurt our PP imo.

I say we hold on to him. Anyone else agree?

Pretty much the only way I'd want him gone right now is if we packaged him with Abby and Ribs to Tampa for Vinny. But we all know that won't happen.
I've freaking no idea why
I really think we should keep him

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Fighting has nothing to do with toughness, i dont recall scott stevens being a fighter but hes the toughest SOB to ever play the game.
Well i wasnt just sayng that he's tough cause he fights im just sayng that hes tough and that he did fight and sometimes does still

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 05:37 PM
kostybros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I have the feeling that Souray's market value might be higher then what he'll bring to us in the future. If I'm right with that statement, I wouldn't mind to see him leave. But I like him as a player and I would be sad to see him go away in a trade. On the other hand, I know that we will not get a prospect or a pick for him...it would be for some immediate help.

He's a big part of our defence, but with Rivet and Bouillon having career year, he could be expendable. Don't forget that we could replace him with a UFA...

And for the PP, I wouldn't be to worried. Markov can do more and Kovalev and Kostitsyn already played the point a few times...
I agree with you, I don't want him out but his value is better on the market than his actual play.
I don't want to get rid of him but, to get a player like lecavalier , i would offer sauray and abisher. he scores but he our worst defensive player. for a good return, i would give on any day. canadian media all have a man crush on him.

kostybros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Habruti!

I do not necessarily want him to leave but I would prefer if they are not using him at the point next year. Yes he has a powerfull shot but he hits the net once every 5 shots and nobody wants to go in front of the net for deflection because with the lack of control he has on this powerfull shot the good very well receive the puck in the face..!

I prefer seing Markov and Streit on the point for pp.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 05:46 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I do not necessarily want him to leave but I would prefer if they are not using him at the point next year. Yes he has a powerfull shot but he hits the net once every 5 shots and nobody wants to go in front of the net for deflection because with the lack of control he has on this powerfull shot the good very well receive the puck in the face..!

I prefer seing Markov and Streit on the point for pp.
I'm trying to find words....but I cant...so I'll use an emoticon.

Old
06-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Pat

I want to keep Souray and his big shot. we don't have too many D-men that can score from the blue line with a wicked shot like his

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote