HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why???

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 08:21 AM
whitesox_2000_22*

vCash: 500
Why???

Why did we send Stephens back down....he was barely averaging 7 minutes a game and had two points in his 4 games with an even rating....look at some of the other guys stats etc...McCormik only has 2 points in 10 games...Moore has none and is minus three???this move just is not making any sense what so ever..who runs this organization??I mean what more can u ask of somone who barely plays 7 minutes a night and serves all you major and bench penalties?? and yet still has managed to get 2 points same as McCormick and more then Moore, i just dont know!!!

Old
11-06-2003, 08:35 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox_2000_22
Why did we send Stephens back down....he was barely averaging 7 minutes a game and had two points in his 4 games with an even rating....look at some of the other guys stats etc...McCormik only has 2 points in 10 games...Moore has none and is minus three???this move just is not making any sense what so ever..who runs this organization??I mean what more can u ask of somone who barely plays 7 minutes a night and serves all you major and bench penalties?? and yet still has managed to get 2 points same as McCormick and more then Moore, i just dont know!!!
Well, Forsberg is back, and so is McAllister. McCormick can play both center and wing, and he's been filling in as a tough guy, and has looked the best out of all the youngsters -- no way was he going down. In fact, he's probably going to be on the Avs all year. Moore has been doing a great job forechecking and putting on some big hits, and he seems to be a smart player. Like he went to Harvard or something. Stephens has played pretty well, but he is probably better served getting big minutes in Hershey than a few here and there with the big team.

If you've been watching the games, and not just viewing their stats, you'd probably have chosen Stephens as the one to go down out of he, Moore and McCormick. Brigley I guess you could throw in there, too. He's looking a lot like what I thought Bates Battaglia would be!

Old
11-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Stephens has got the size and the talent, but in his time in both Hershey and Colorado, has yet to show any drive. He didn't work hard in camp and was one of the first cuts, and he has yet to show that he deserves to stay. Brigley and McCormick have outplayed him in all phases of the game. Don't just look at stats, McCormick has supplied energy, even dropped the gloves a couple times. Cody's also been an excellent checker and played a decent two-way game. Stephens just floats--his points are more a result of luck than him working hard.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox_2000_22
look at some of the other guys stats etc...McCormik only has 2 points in 10 games...
Cody McCormick was never considered a point producer. With the exception of last season in the OHL (he had 36G 33A for 69PTS in 61GP) where he was an over-ager. Look at these stats from his OHL career:
In 235GP over 4 seasons in the OHL, McCormick had 126PTS and 461PIM...

Closed Thread