HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Any info on Price's special camp???

Old
06-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Any info on Price's special camp???

The camp finished June 11th which is today, did somebody get any info regarding Price's work?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

agreed, info on this would be awesome! i'm so pumped for melanson's three year project with this guy. I think he will be a stud

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Habitants

i saw a clip on it on tsn last night. its training camp for young goalies to prep them for canada's future. there are like 12 of them there, and they said Price was the front runner for canada junior team this year. they interviewed him, he did not say much other than it is good to get the extra attention and be able to practice to help improve in areas he needs work.

sorry if this is not much of an update, but i was like half asleep when i watched it

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Rolexmaster

Here's the link

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_s...anadian_hockey

Rolexmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just wonder if we ever going to have some recap on how it went, if we can have some analysis or reflections from the coaches that were there about Price's play....

Old
06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Habs Man

"...Thursday in Calgary, where the dozen netminders will work with goaltending consultants Ian Clark of the Vancouver Canucks and Sudarshan Maharaj of the New York Islanders."

Why not bring in someone like Roland Melanson, who, from what I hear through the media, is considered one of, if not, the best goaltending coaches in the NHL??? Vancouver and New York don't exactly have the best goaltenders in the world, although Rick Dipietro did step it up towards the end of the season in NY.

I think that the camp is a great idea, but having the best goaltending coches around would probably be better...

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 07:55 AM
turnbuckle*

The first day was spent getting to know the other campers and camp counsellors. In the afternoon Price and the others made soem great pictures with glue, paper and macaroni. They had a great campfire singalong that night, and Carey displayed his rather impressive range while doing a solo of "Kumbaya."

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 09:04 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
The first day was spent getting to know the other campers and camp counsellors. In the afternoon Price and the others made soem great pictures with glue, paper and macaroni. They had a great campfire singalong that night, and Carey displayed his rather impressive range while doing a solo of "Kumbaya."
Apparently the there was also a high level of hi-jinks, and more than a few shenanigans.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Habs Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Apparently the there was also a high level of hi-jinks, and more than a few shenanigans.

LMAO....

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Gros Bill

The part that got me was :

Quote:
...the dozen netminders will work with goaltending consultants Ian Clark of the Vancouver Canucks and Sudarshan Maharaj of the New York Islanders.
I mean, with all due respect, Sudarshan Maharaj? I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Not exactly a name usually associated with ice hockey. Anyone ever hear of this guy?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill

I mean, with all due respect, Sudarshan Maharaj? I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Not exactly a name usually associated with ice hockey. Anyone ever hear of this guy?
Well cricket is just like hockey isn't it???

Old
06-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill

The Islanders hired Sudarshan "Sudsie" Maharaj on Sept. 5, 2003 as a goaltending consultant to work with NHLers Garth Snow and Rick DiPietro.

Maharaj specializes in the use of high tech to assist goaltenders and has worked with several NHL, AHL, OHL and NCAA goalies, including former Islanders Kevin Weekes and Stephen Valiquette.

Maharaj was born on the Caribbean island of Trinidad and moved with his family to Toronto, Canada at the age of six. Raised in the Toronto area, he was a member of the 1984-85 National University Hockey Championship York University squad. He then left to play his professional hockey in Sweden, where he won two divisional championships over six seasons.

After retiring as a player in 1991, the 39-year old Maharaj returned to Toronto to finish his degrees in both English and Physical Education and was named the goaltending coach at York University. He later served as the goaltending coach to various junior hockey teams in Toronto and the surrounding area.

"Sudsie" and his wife Yvonne currently live in Mississauga, Ontario and have a two-year old daughter, Alexandra. They are expecting their second child in early January.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
The Islanders hired Sudarshan "Sudsie" Maharaj on Sept. 5, 2003 as a goaltending consultant to work with NHLers Garth Snow and Rick DiPietro.
Quite the story, thanks for the info. It just goes to show, the world is getting smaller.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote