HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Francis Bouillon

Old
06-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Francis Bouillon

I really hope Gainey signs Bouillon before June 15th.
Apparently, between June 15 and June 30th players cannot be signed (I could be wrong?).
Francis Bouillon is a true warrior. He's very mobile, physical/gritty, smart, never gets beat one on one, and has a lot of heart.
If Gainey signs him I predict a 3 year contract (anywhere between 4.5 to 6 mil for the 3 years combined). Similar to Dandenault's yearly salary (or slightly more).

What do you think?

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I love the way Bouillon plays.He plays every shift like it's game 7 of the cup finals.I really hope Gaineys signs him but 2 million a year is alot for him.I say 3 years,1.4,1.7 and the 3rd season he gets 2 million for a 3 year deal for 5.1. Thats my Opinion if he gets more I wont be angry because he deserves the cash

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2006, 11:26 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Yea Bouillon is a big part of our team, we should keep him there is no doubt and I know he wants to stay too, lets hope they get it done.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2006, 11:27 PM
caper13

i really hope they sign the cube he has the heart of a lion....not to many d can say that about.

caper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:04 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab
I really hope Gainey signs Bouillon before June 15th.
Apparently, between June 15 and June 30th players cannot be signed (I could be wrong?).
Francis Bouillon is a true warrior. He's very mobile, physical/gritty, smart, never gets beat one on one, and has a lot of heart.
If Gainey signs him I predict a 3 year contract (anywhere between 4.5 to 6 mil for the 3 years combined). Similar to Dandenault's yearly salary (or slightly more).

What do you think?
doesn't matter, he truly want to stay here

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Inertiatic

Woah those are some expensive contracts. There's no way he gets money close to Dandy. What has he accomplished? A 5-6th dman, who sacrifices positional play for big hits? I'd sign him for somewhere around 950k-1.3 a season, and if he turns it down, let him go.

Bouillon was given a chance by Montreal, and has created a niche here. He may not get the same chance anywhere else, and he knows that. Small, poor positional players aren't in high demand, and as much as I like the guy and his bleu-blanc & rouge heart, he's not worth the money.

Inertiatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Although I really like the Cube and his feisty attitude and think we should be getting more character players of his style, there is no way in hell Bouillon should be making anywhere near the 2M figure. It is IMO pure insanity if he asks and waits for this amount, or worse, is offered it by management.

IMO, we can no longer do simple math equations like if x top D is worth 6M, then Bouillon should be worth at least 2M, because under the new rules, you should see the top guys get all the dough and the bottom feeders like Bouillon will get pocket change.

There are limits to loyalty, there is a cap, and Bouillon is and will always be a #5 / #6, one who's barely had 2 solid years as an NHLer (unlike Dandenault who's a seasoned vet with a cup ring on his finger - Bouillon does not compare to him in terms of negotiating power).

So even though we'll hear certain members of the media tell us he's actually our best D and should get whatever he asks for, the truth is his size and lack of reach will always prevent him from successfully logging top-4 minutes for a full year.

I hope we keep him, at around 1M-ish per, but Bouillon's are a dime a dozen in this league, let's not get carried away and take cap room away for signing players that can truly make a difference for this team.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Unfortunately, when a team hands out contracts like Brisebois and Dandenault got on D in recent years (or even Souray and Rivet at the time), it can't help but set a precedent. Bouillon is at least as good as Dandenault. He's a free agent. He probably "deserves" as much as Dandenault. Of course, we all know Dandenault is ridiculously overpaid too. But it will be hard for Gainey to admit that in a negotiation, won't it? Anyway, I wouldn't want to see Bouillon get more than $1.2M or so, which is still a pretty solid raise for him. But at the same time, I sure wouldn't blame him for asking for more. And it also wouldn't surprise me if the Habs just offered him more outright, since there is definitely precedent there for being overly generous on contracts.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 08:08 AM
mcphee

I hope not,but Bouillon could be a guy who's heard some noise about a few other teams being very interested. He'd be obligated to evaluate the market I think. .5M means a lot more to a guy like him than it does to a 5M player. He may not have these circumstances again. I like the guy but I'm not sure the org. can/will pay him what Atlanta [the rumour] might. Hope they keep him though.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 08:15 AM

I'd pass and upgrade personally...but I wouldn't mind if we signed me either, at a reasonable price.

Last edited by 417: 06-05-2006 at 11:40 AM.
417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Bryzga lol*

You couldn't ask better for a 4th, 5th or 6th defencemen. The coaches must love him and they better sign him. This is the first year that I noticed how much depth Montreal really had because of guys like Bouillon, Rivet and Markov...after years of development and mediocre play, it finally paid off this season. I hope to see them retire in Montreal.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel
You couldn't ask better for a 4th, 5th or 6th defencemen. The coaches must love him and they better sign him. This is the first year that I noticed how much depth Montreal really had because of guys like Bouillon, Rivet and Markov...after years of development and mediocre play, it finally paid off this season. I hope to see them retire in Montreal.
I don't know about you and the rest, but there are quite a few # 4 or # 5 defensman i'd take before Bouillon (who's not even close to being a #4 or # 5) he's pretty good as a #6/7 guy though, although not on a contending team.

Old
06-05-2006, 12:13 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Unfortunately, when a team hands out contracts like Brisebois and Dandenault got on D in recent years (or even Souray and Rivet at the time), it can't help but set a precedent. Bouillon is at least as good as Dandenault. He's a free agent. He probably "deserves" as much as Dandenault. Of course, we all know Dandenault is ridiculously overpaid too. But it will be hard for Gainey to admit that in a negotiation, won't it? Anyway, I wouldn't want to see Bouillon get more than $1.2M or so, which is still a pretty solid raise for him. But at the same time, I sure wouldn't blame him for asking for more. And it also wouldn't surprise me if the Habs just offered him more outright, since there is definitely precedent there for being overly generous on contracts.

Dandy is better and has the experience. Dandeneault was a free agent also and he is nowhere near overpaid. You won't find many experienced d-man entering their prime for under 2M$. Heck, Gauthier will be making 2.1M$ next year.

Brisebois was a bad contract but BG took care of Savard's mistake.

There's no correlation between Bouillon and Dandeneault so I don't see why you should compare their salary, compare him to Streit because they are our 6/7th D.
Besides, why the Dandy bashing he was amazing down the stretch and looked miles ahead of Bouillon.
Bouillon should get a Kilger-like contracts, 900k a year for 3-4 years.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Habber

I'm glad some cooler heads prevailed in this thread, cause there's no way the Cube is worth more than a million, if that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and the effort he puts in, but he's a 6th or 7th guy. There's lots of guys around the league making the minimum or slightly more than can do just as good as job.

If someone else offers him a big contract, then I'll be glad for him, but there's better places to spend $2mil than on a depth defenceman.

Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
I'm glad some cooler heads prevailed in this thread, cause there's no way the Cube is worth more than a million, if that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and the effort he puts in, but he's a 6th or 7th guy. There's lots of guys around the league making the minimum or slightly more than can do just as good as job.

If someone else offers him a big contract, then I'll be glad for him, but there's better places to spend $2mil than on a depth defenceman.
I couldn't agree more...i've been saying this forever it seems when it comes to Bouillon...if a team like Pittsburgh or Atlanta is interested in offering him in upwards of 1 million +, i'd definately let him walk.

They'll be a bunch of 6/7 defensman on the market.

For what Bouillon deserves (because he does deserve a raise with his solid play this year) I hope the Habs aren't willing to pay.

Old
06-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

Some of you are exaggerating Bouillon's worth to the Habs or to other NHL teams.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 12:58 PM
LeGars Du Cable

Bouillon, met le dans ta soupe !!!

LeGars Du Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 01:00 PM
22SteveBegin22

Is "the cube" really his nickname? I've not heard that before.

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 01:44 PM
eddy

Yeah Bouillion has to be re-signed, he's shown he's more than just a 6/7 defencemen this year and especially in the playoffs he was by far one of our best defencemen. The way he plays is also great inspiration for the other players, heart of a lion never backs down or quits just 110% all the time.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'd rather have Danny Markov.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 01:59 PM
habitue*

Bouillon is the perfect #6 d-man for this team. 900 K to 1.2 million per year should be enough, though !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
digitalmonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiatic
...and as much as I like the guy and his bleu-blanc & rouge heart, he's not worth the money.
Sort of like Koivu.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Weis
Rise Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
I'd rather have Danny Markov.
as a #6 D, I'd rather have him also but he gonna cost 2x bouillon

Weis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
With the new rules ( can't crosscheck a guy in front of the net ) Bouillon weakness aren't as big as before and he can hold his own now . It would be dumb to waste all these years of devloppement and ice time for a so called ''upgrade'' that will cost 2-3X more and be slightly better. Get a top guy or keep everyone on the top6 .

Carbo wants an agressive team next year put the money on a PF and a quality grinder .

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 03:56 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
Yeah Bouillion has to be re-signed, he's shown he's more than just a 6/7 defencemen this year and especially in the playoffs he was by far one of our best defencemen. The way he plays is also great inspiration for the other players, heart of a lion never backs down or quits just 110% all the time.
Now that's exactly the kind of thing we're trying to steer away from. He did show he can handle a full time roster spot as a bottom pairing d-man , something I had doubts he could handle for 82 games. That's as far as I'll go concerning Bouillon's role on the team.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote