HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trades I would do now if I was Montreal GM

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 09:59 AM
fredez

vCash: 500
Trades I would do now if I was Montreal GM

I tested them on ESPN NHL Hockey to see if they were realistic enough

Before any trades

We have something like this....

Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Hossa-Ribeiro-Ryder
Dackell-Juneau-Sundstrom
Audette-Perreault-Kilger
Ward-Begin-Langdon

Brisebois-Quintal
Rivet-Markov
Hainsey-Souray
Komisarek-Bouillon

First trade
MTL Zednik + Rivet + Ribeiro + 2nd round pick 2004 - CGY Iginla

Second trade
MTL Perreault + Dackell + 3rd round pick 2004 - PHI Keith Primeau

Third trade
MTL Donald Audette + 6th round pick 2004 - TB Andre Roy

Fourth trade
MTL Jason Ward + Pierre Dagenais + 5th round pick 2004 - EDM Ethan Moreau

Now the lines would look like this...

Bulis-Koivu-Iginla
Hossa-Primeau-Ryder
Moreau-Juneau-Sundstrom
Roy-Begin-Kilger

Brisebois-Quintal
Markov-Hainsey
Souray-Komisarek

With those trades we have...
Big winger that can score (Iginla)
Big center that can score (Ptrimeau)
Much more grit and checking power (Iginla, Primeau, Moreau, Roy)
More toughness (Primeau, Roy)

Old
11-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Bob Bastards

You should find a way to get Jagr also... oh and Forberg too...

Come one Dackel and Perrault in Philadelphia?
Yeah sure TB would want Audette...
Come on this is not NHL 2004. Give me a break. This is because of those kind of trade proposition that all Habs fan look like moron...

Old
11-06-2003, 10:22 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez
I tested them on ESPN NHL Hockey to see if they were realistic enough
Credibility LOST

Old
11-06-2003, 10:22 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob *******s

Come on this is not NHL 2004. Give me a break. This is because of those kind of trade proposition that all Habs fan look like moron...
COMEON GIVE HIM A BREAK...JUST AN IDEA

Old
11-06-2003, 10:28 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob *******s

You are comparing Keith Primeau, Andre Roy and Ethan Moreau to Forsberg and Jagr...whos the moron?

Why Perreault and Dackell couldnt fit in PHI? Im sure that if Perreault was surrounded by more talented and bigger guy like in PHI he could put up a 30 goal season. Dackell is a very good player defensively and could easily be an improvment over Fedoruk on the 4th line and this would give them depth. Add to that a 3rd round pick and I'm sure PHI's GM would accept.

Why TB wouldnt want Audette in exchange of the player they didnt want anymore in last year's playoffs? They could take a chance in a player that could put up a 20+ goal season again in exchange of a 4th line player. And add to that a 6th round pick.

Think a little more before calling me a moron again

Old
11-06-2003, 10:31 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Credibility LOST
I didnt base my trades on the game but on real life situations.

I just tested them. Maybe not a good way to test them but now Im testing them here, make your own judgment.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:31 AM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Nice work. I would do all those trades in a second. On Nhl 2004 maybe. The trades that work in video would rarely work in real life. Its good to have fun but theres a reason why there are video games, it's to have fun like that but it wouldnt work in reality.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:33 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
Nice work. I would do all those trades in a second. On Nhl 2004 maybe. The trades that work in video would rarely work in real life. Its good to have fun but theres a reason why there are video games, it's to have fun like that but it wouldnt work in reality.
OK, explain me why any of these trades wouldnt work in reality.

Forget about the testing on the video game, it was a bad idea because now you think that I did this without thinking and without any intelligence.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Kirk Muller

Where to start..

The first proposal is your closest yet still far off. Zednik to Calgary fine, Rivet, not bloody likely since Calgary has an abundance of dman and at his price, NEVER. Ribeiro is NOT an upgrade over Conroy nor Reinprecht. The second rounder is pretty but when has Calgary developed a player. So no chance in hell if you're a flames gm.

The second proposal is way off again. Perreault is a MAJOR downgrade to Primeau. Perreault is not a Philly type player nor a Ken Hitchcock type player. Dackell would be an expensive fourth liner. Plus Philly is a contender, why would they downgrade their team.

Third proposal. Simple, I will give you 3 million reasons why it wouldn't work.

Fourth proposal is not bad, just wouldn't happen for many reasons. Edmonton wouldn't even bother adding Dagenais do to payroll, Jason Ward is injured and has an injury prone past, Moreau the heart and soul of the Oilers and recently signed a long term deal. The pick is nothing more than a crap shoot at best.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Jag68Sid87

For one thing,
trading draft picks is the LAST thing the Canadiens should be thinking of doing right now.

Remember The 10th overall pick for Trevor Linden???

Old
11-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Duff88

Quote:
OK, explain me why any of these trades wouldnt work in reality.

Forget about the testing on the video game, it was a bad idea because now you think that I did this without thinking and without any intelligence.
Fredez, try this. Instead of things you would do if you were Montreal GM, flip sides and become TB, PHI and CGY.

Would you trade Iginla for Zednik, Rivet, Ribeiro and a Draft Pick? Would you trade Keith Primeau for Perreault and Dackell? Would you trade Roy for Audette?

Make yourself the other teams GM and you'll see that these proposals are a bit lopsided. Quantity doesn't = Quality for CGY. If they trade Iginla, it will be for young players without a big salary. It will be to clear Iginla's salary but in your proposal, they get the same money that they traded.

Primeau is the captain in Philadelphia and Perreault & Dackell aren't doing anything here. Don't say me you'd accept to get both for a Power Forward à la Primeau.

Even if Roy is a fourth line player, Audette's 3 millions a year wouldn't interest Tampa. And with a 7-1-1-0 start, they probably won't do a trade anytime soon.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Leprechaun

vCash:
Let's get Mario Lemieux too !

Old
11-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun
Thanks I forget this one

Old
11-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
You are comparing Keith Primeau, Andre Roy and Ethan Moreau to Forsberg and Jagr...whos the moron?

Why Perreault and Dackell couldnt fit in PHI? Im sure that if Perreault was surrounded by more talented and bigger guy like in PHI he could put up a 30 goal season. Dackell is a very good player defensively and could easily be an improvment over Fedoruk on the 4th line and this would give them depth. Add to that a 3rd round pick and I'm sure PHI's GM would accept.

Why TB wouldnt want Audette in exchange of the player they didnt want anymore in last year's playoffs? They could take a chance in a player that could put up a 20+ goal season again in exchange of a 4th line player. And add to that a 6th round pick.

Think a little more before calling me a moron again
I never call you a moron, read my post again. I say that you make every habs fan "look like moron", its different.
Try to find out why the other team will those trade and you will se it make no sense. Trade proposal is thin ice to skate on, you should be carefull before making one or you get flame...
Don't be mad, your not the first one, nor the last, to make a bad proposal...

Old
11-06-2003, 10:55 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Where to start..

The first proposal is your closest yet still far off. Zednik to Calgary fine, Rivet, not bloody likely since Calgary has an abundance of dman and at his price, NEVER. Ribeiro is NOT an upgrade over Conroy nor Reinprecht. The second rounder is pretty but when has Calgary developed a player. So no chance in hell if you're a flames gm.

The second proposal is way off again. Perreault is a MAJOR downgrade to Primeau. Perreault is not a Philly type player nor a Ken Hitchcock type player. Dackell would be an expensive fourth liner. Plus Philly is a contender, why would they downgrade their team.

Third proposal. Simple, I will give you 3 million reasons why it wouldn't work.

Fourth proposal is not bad, just wouldn't happen for many reasons. Edmonton wouldn't even bother adding Dagenais do to payroll, Jason Ward is injured and has an injury prone past, Moreau the heart and soul of the Oilers and recently signed a long term deal. The pick is nothing more than a crap shoot at best.
Iginla 7,5M$

Rivet 2,5M$
Ribeiro 0,8M$
Zednik 1,8M$
------
Total = 5,1M$

CGY Saves 2,4M$

Plus, I heard that Iginla could touch a bonus of 1M$ before the end of the year.

So Rivet in that situation isnt all that expensive

Abundance of dmen? But Rivet could be #3-#4 on their team in front of Montador and Lydman.

I dont have any more timenow but I'll continue to explain myself later today

Old
11-06-2003, 11:13 AM
SuperUnknown

Montreal should get Shane Willis from TB. Minor trade that could help the team right now.

Old
11-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Iginla 7,5M$

Rivet 2,5M$
Ribeiro 0,8M$
Zednik 1,8M$
------
Total = 5,1M$

CGY Saves 2,4M$

Plus, I heard that Iginla could touch a bonus of 1M$ before the end of the year.

So Rivet in that situation isnt all that expensive

Abundance of dmen? But Rivet could be #3-#4 on their team in front of Montador and Lydman.

I dont have any more timenow but I'll continue to explain myself later today
Rivet gets an increases as well I believe. But never the less, the trade doesn't improve Calgary at all. Ribeiro still wouldn't beat out Conroy or Reinprect, and Rivet would be far behind Reghr,Lydman, Gauthier, Warrener, and Leopold.

BTW have you seen Lydman play. Think what Andrei Markov brings to the habs, that is what Lydman does in Calgary. He is their best defenseman, much much better than Rivet will ever be, already at his age. Replace Rivet with Markov and Calgary stays on the line with you for more than 10 seconds.

Old
11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Marmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
For one thing,
trading draft picks is the LAST thing the Canadiens should be thinking of doing right now.

Yeah that was such a terrible thing ... 1999 pool was the worst in recent memory not a single superstar out of the first round

Old
11-06-2003, 05:39 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun
Comparing the greatest player of all time (arguably)to Iginla, Primeau, Moreau or Roy is a good way to prove that Im wrong I suppose

I'll now take place as the other teams Gm (like someone said I should)

Iginla vs Ribeiro, Rivet, Zednik, 2nd Rounder

Ribeiro-Young promising prospect that is tied for best pointer on a struggling team

Zednik-Young player that is improving over the years. Can score 30 goals.

Rivet-Has a good trade value around the league. Stay at home defenseman.

2nd round pick-If I was the GM I'll probably try to go for a 1st round pick

I save 2,4M$ and I have two new young guns in the team and a reliable 5/6 Defenseman for depth and I have a considerably good pick in exchange of a player that I have to get rid of or I'll have to lose other players.

Primeau vs Perreault, Dackell, 3rd Rounder
Primeau has been on the decline for the past three years. He is now a 40-45 pointer.

Perreault-Steady 20+ goals scorer. Tied for best pointer on a struggling team.

Dackell-Steady 30 pointers, got 50 on a stronger team. Very reliable defensively

3rd round pick-Always good to have more picks

I'll do that deal. I lose some size but get more points and I'm better defensively.

Roy vs Audette, 6th Rounder
Audette-Struggling forward who needs a better playmaker and a big winger/center to help him put up numbers again. Could pull a Czerkwaski.

6th rounder-Always good to have mroe picks

Roy-4th line player that gone could make place for Svitov or Semorruvi(sp)

Old
11-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Iginla vs Ribeiro, Rivet, Zednik, 2nd Rounder

Ribeiro-Young promising prospect that is tied for best pointer on a struggling team

Zednik-Young player that is improving over the years. Can score 30 goals.

Rivet-Has a good trade value around the league. Stay at home defenseman.

2nd round pick-If I was the GM I'll probably try to go for a 1st round pick

I save 2,4M$ and I have two new young guns in the team and a reliable 5/6 Defenseman for depth and I have a considerably good pick in exchange of a player that I have to get rid of or I'll have to lose other players.)
Ribeiro - Talented young player who struggled to be more than a fringe NHLer in his first two seasons, had a hot streak in the beginning of the season and isn't doing much lately.

Zednik - Player in his prime who is currently struggling to find the net. Can score 30 goals.

Rivet - Struggling defenseman who can be a servicable #4-5 but is clearly overpaid.

I save 2.4M$ this season and I have an unproven player and a winger who struggles but can score 30 goals. I have a reliable defenseman who ends up on the third pairing at 2.5M$ + on a cheap budget. I also lose a ton of money in marketing and star power in losing Iginla, clearly an established star in the league who helps selling tickets and I can pay his salary with a better canadian $.

Quote:
Primeau vs Perreault, Dackell, 3rd Rounder
Primeau has been on the decline for the past three years. He is now a 40-45 pointer.

Perreault-Steady 20+ goals scorer. Tied for best pointer on a struggling team.

Dackell-Steady 30 pointers, got 50 on a stronger team. Very reliable defensively

3rd round pick-Always good to have more picks

I'll do that deal. I lose some size but get more points and I'm better defensively.
Primeau is the captain on the Flyers and is overpaid a bit yes and can 50 points.

Perreault - overpaid 2-tool center on a flyers team that doesn't need more center and loves big physical player. Will be a UFA at the end of the season.

Dackell - Can score 30 points, has been on the decline, still a valuable defensive forward but overpaid for what he brings to the table. Not worth much more than the 8th rounder it took to acquire him.

3rd round pick - Nothing much to say here

I don't do this deal since I lose my captain for players I simply don't need.

Quote:
Roy vs Audette, 6th Rounder
Audette-Struggling forward who needs a better playmaker and a big winger/center to help him put up numbers again. Could pull a Czerkwaski.

6th rounder-Always good to have mroe picks

Roy-4th line player that gone could make place for Svitov or Semorruvi(sp)
Audette - Overpaid underachieving scoring winger, he doesn't bring much more than scoring which he failed to deliver in the last two years, he is currently a pathetic second line option. No value.

6th rounder - To take audette you better send me a better pick! :p

Roy - Enough talent to play a regular shift, can take bonehead penalties but still a proven NHLer and tough guy, fan favorite and great team player. I don't have any enforcer on my team as Dingman is called the ''hugging bear'' here in Tampa Bay since he can't fight effectively because of a poor balance when fighting.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
I'll now take place as the other teams Gm (like someone said I should)
I will further it, act and think like the other GM currently in place. Be Bobby Clarke and think of Ken Hitchcock and Phillys system, and philosophy.

Think of Calgary, their fan base, ticket sales. Think of their current roster strengths and weaknesses. Again Ribeiro is NO USE for Calgary. He would be behind Conroy and Reinprecht. Rivet is NO USE for Calgary. He would be behind Lydman, Gauthier, Reghr, Warrener, and Leopold. Zednik and the second is the only attractable piece.

Think about Tampa Bay. They are off to a great start. Audette is doing nothing here, showing little energy and intensity and cost THREE MILLION DOLLARS with still another year left. Maybe you should think of TB owners.

Sorry to be so hard on you, but it is obvious you thought nothing about the other teams despite what you say. Please to god, do not post any of these on the trade board.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:01 PM
Habsfool

hey i got a stupid idea too

why not

perraut + audette+rivet+4round pic
vs
thorton

Old
11-08-2003, 11:36 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfool
hey i got a stupid idea too

why not

perraut + audette+rivet+4round pic
vs
thorton
Whatever

My trade for a big player (Iginla) involved two good promising players (Zednik and Ribeiro) and a much higher pick 2nd (or even 1st) so dont try to make me look dumb. I didnt do a trade proposal 'dead wood' vs superstar like other habs fan do frequently on the trade proposal board.

Old
11-08-2003, 12:06 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Lafleur
I think its time to trade Saku.He cant play a complete season and he is at his peak trade wise now .
He played a complete season last year. And he didnt reach his peak for a trade right now because he didnt even reach his talent peak because of injuries.

Just remember his first two season :

Rookie season : 45 pts in 82 games
Sophomore season : 56 points in 50 games

Then got injured. Imagine what this guy could have become (and still can beocme). He is a franchise center if he is injury-free and he his a 1+pt a game player too. Plus, he is the only player (besides Bouillon) that gives his 100% night in and night out for the team.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:36 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
For one thing,

They drafted Branislav Mezei with it, now with Florida. Is he that good?

Closed Thread