HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Strength and size

Old
06-14-2006, 12:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Strength and size

I've noticed a disturbing trend with our players. They never really add muscle or size. When we drafted Legwand most sited his size as an advantage because of his height, and most thought he'd play at 205+lbs. When we drafted Hartnell, most thought 215-220, same with Hall. In fact I can't think of a single player we've had that has gained much in the way of size.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 01:37 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I've noticed a disturbing trend with our players. They never really add muscle or size. When we drafted Legwand most sited his size as an advantage because of his height, and most thought he'd play at 205+lbs. When we drafted Hartnell, most thought 215-220, same with Hall. In fact I can't think of a single player we've had that has gained much in the way of size.
That is interesting though with Hartnell/Hall, our trainers may have felt that they wouldn't play better with extra weight.

After some research, Hartnell was 6'2" and roughly 190 in his draft year. Hall only weighed 200. So maybe they are gaining some weight. It does seem that they haven't really added to it in a while. CNN/SI shows Legwand at 6'1.5" and 175 pounds when he was drafted, so it appears he did gain some weight. But, as is the case with the other two, they haven't exactly bulked up in the past few years.

I don't know how disturbing it really is, but we don't exactly have the biggest team. We really need to put some weight on if it doesn't come at the expense of athleticism.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 02:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I guess I should not have set disturbing maybe concerning would have been a better term.

Old
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
I guess I should not have set disturbing maybe concerning would have been a better term.
It might be disturbing, but I just don't have the information to get too worried about it yet. It'd be semantics regardless as one could say distrurbing or very concerning and mean the same thing. Either way, I hope this lack of weight gain over the past few years is something the Predators feel is the right way and all a part of their plan. I'd hate to think that Legwand, a player who desperately needs to play a stronger game, is shirking his off-season responsibilities.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 03:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

The "New NHL" (c)

is all about being small, quick, and wiry.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 03:42 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

lol..... Maybe we should recall Haydar and Gamache.

Old
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
lol..... Maybe we should recall Haydar and Gamache.

I dunno, are they defensemen? We're building a team of Marek Zidlicky's and Vernon fiddlers. I'm not sure they'll fit in.

Just because it got exploited last year...that's no reason not to try it again. They just weren't calling things consistently.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 03:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

maybe we can trade Hartnell and Suter for a draft pick then.....

Old
06-17-2006, 10:10 PM
handtrick

I know that this is not the general topic as the thread was started, but I couldn't help to think these last 2 rounds of the Playoffs how the Preds team that we had last year would have absolutely wilted under the physical play that has occured on the ice.....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote