HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now I know why we didn't persue Stillman when we had the chance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2006, 11:31 PM
  #1
IceHot
Registered User
 
IceHot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Redneck Riviera
Country: United States
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Now I know why we didn't persue Stillman when we had the chance

What a lazy a** pass that was out of the zone that cost them the game.

IceHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 11:40 PM
  #2
maxpenguins6630
Registered User
 
maxpenguins6630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
The mistake was made by staal excuse me!

maxpenguins6630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 11:44 PM
  #3
Eb0la11
Registered User
 
Eb0la11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
I think it was a combination of them both... Staal coulda easilly chipped the puck out, he tried to chip it by Pisani and still maintain control of it after he got by him, so it was a weak chip. But Stillmans pass was pretty lazy. I think Stillmans 25 pts are pretty good if u ask me.

Eb0la11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2006, 11:50 PM
  #4
barfy2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot
Now I know why we didn't persue Stillman when we had the chance

Because he might lead your team in scoring on the way to a possible Stanley Cup?

barfy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 02:42 AM
  #5
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy2000
Because he might lead your team in scoring on the way to a possible Stanley Cup?

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 06:59 AM
  #6
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 113,785
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot
What a lazy a** pass that was out of the zone that cost them the game.

I'd rather have him and take his 3 GWG in the playoffs, 2 of them in OT. Especially since Stillman didn't even make that play. At least he showed up when his team played Buffalo

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 07:23 AM
  #7
swflyers8*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quick tip, think before you type.

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 08:36 AM
  #8
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
If I'm not mistaken Stillman's stick was touched by Peca's resulting in a poor "lazy" pass but regardless if Stall had of skated to the puck instead of away, hoping for a chip play up to himself, there would have been no problem. The pass was definitely attainable and wasn't cut off until Stall was involved.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 10:14 AM
  #9
malfeasance
Registered User
 
malfeasance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: At Sea
Country: United States
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot
What a lazy a** pass that was out of the zone that cost them the game.
Yeah, me too.

I'd hate to have had him make a mistake when we're up 3 games to 1 in THE FINALS that he played a key role in getting us to!!

What a loser

malfeasance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 12:02 PM
  #10
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
To be fair, Moreau got him with a bit of a hook as he was making the pass. Got his stick right up into the arm, which would have been called a penalty in the regular season. The Oilers were pestering them for turnovers, knowing the refs didnt have the balls to make it a 5 on 3 for Carolina in OT with the Stanley Cup on the line.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 12:10 PM
  #11
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 113,785
vCash: 50
Just ask yourself this question...who would you have rather had on the 2nd line during the playoffs?



Cory Stillman or Niko Dimitrakos?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
  #12
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Just ask yourself this question...who would you have rather had on the 2nd line during the playoffs?



Cory Stillman or Niko Dimitrakos?

money aside I think the choice is pretty easy.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 01:48 PM
  #13
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 113,785
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
money aside I think the choice is pretty easy.

production aside I think the choice is just as easy

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 01:50 PM
  #14
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
production aside I think the choice is just as easy
Production is the only thing setting them apart.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 02:41 PM
  #15
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Production is the only thing setting them apart.
You're kidding right? Stillman is the better player and it isn't even close. The whole "attitude and poor work ethic" suggestions that followed Stillman around has been proved to be false by several teams. Stillman is a great hockey player and he would have been a great fit in Philadelphia.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 03:11 PM
  #16
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
You're kidding right? Stillman is the better player and it isn't even close. The whole "attitude and poor work ethic" suggestions that followed Stillman around has been proved to be false by several teams. Stillman is a great hockey player and he would have been a great fit in Philadelphia.
But not as good as Knuble or Forsberg

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 03:21 PM
  #17
swflyers8*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
But not as good as Knuble or Forsberg
Maybe better than Knuble, of course not Forsberg.

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
  #18
markzab
Registered User
 
markzab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Maybe better than Knuble, of course not Forsberg.
Well that's not fair...

Nobody is better than Forsberg.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 06:00 AM
  #19
IceHot
Registered User
 
IceHot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Redneck Riviera
Country: United States
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
OK maybe I was harsh but

I'd rather have Knuble.

Maybe I was a bit harsh but if Carolina loses we can at least
see that lazy play that turned the series as Stillman
being the Bill Buckner of Hockey.

IceHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 04:58 PM
  #20
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Just ask yourself this question...who would you have rather had on the 2nd line during the playoffs?



Cory Stillman or Niko Dimitrakos?
The answer is clearly "Todd Warriner."

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 05:16 PM
  #21
Diaboli
Registered User
 
Diaboli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: City once voted as F
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitkanenPower
The answer is clearly "Todd Warriner."
No, I believe it would be "Känädä!"

Diaboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:30 PM
  #22
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 113,785
vCash: 50
Stillman now has his 2nd ring in 2 NHL seasons. Still don't want him? Because we could have had him real cheap...

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:33 PM
  #23
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Stillman now has his 2nd ring in 2 NHL seasons. Still don't want him? Because we could have had him real cheap...
I contribute that to luck. There are plenty of better players who've gone their entire careers without winning a single Stanley Cup trophy, let alone two back to back. However, that's not to say that Stillman isn't a solid NHL player who can still make some big plays.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 01:48 AM
  #24
Juicer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpenguins6630
The mistake was made by staal excuse me!
Your excused, because that was not Staal's fault. It wasn't a lazy pass either. If you watch the replay, Moreau hit his stick on the plass across and it slowed the pass down. Staal was expecting a pass up the ice and because it slowed down, Pisani made a play on it. Staal had no chance on that.

Go to NHL.com for the replay, because you are wrong.

Juicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 10:05 AM
  #25
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Stillman now has his 2nd ring in 2 NHL seasons. Still don't want him? Because we could have had him real cheap...
So could have every other team in the NHL. I believe that either Doc or JD last night mentioned in the broadcast that they spoke to Stillman and asked why he chose Carolina to which he responded "because nobody else wanted me".

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.