HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Comrie at $4 Million Talk

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 11:46 AM
elphy101

vCash: 500
Comrie at $4 Million Talk

I am trying to understand where this talk of Comrie asking for $4 Million is coming from. If Comrie were asking for $4 Million per season, no team would be interested.

Marian Gaborik who is easily the better player and coming out of the same contract situation signed for a little over 3 Million per season. Comrie and his agent are not idiots, there is no way they would be asking for that kind of money.

Martin Havlat who is arguably better than Comrie as well, only signed for 1.6 for one year.

Comrie like Havlat must realize that he has no arbitration rights.

I don't understand how him or his agent would expect Comrie to be paid significantly higher than any of Gaborik, Richards or Havlat.

My guess is that journalists are just taking Comrie's salary from last year which was between 4-4.5 Million and using that as their number that Comrie is demanding. Comrie I can see reasonably demanding something averaging around 2 million over the next couple of years. I think the money thing is getting blown way out of proportion by the media.

Old
11-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Disraeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
I am trying to understand where this talk of Comrie asking for $4 Million is coming from. If Comrie were asking for $4 Million per season, no team would be interested.

Marian Gaborik who is easily the better player and coming out of the same contract situation signed for a little over 3 Million per season. Comrie and his agent are not idiots, there is no way they would be asking for that kind of money.

Martin Havlat who is arguably better than Comrie as well, only signed for 1.6 for one year.

Comrie like Havlat must realize that he has no arbitration rights.

I don't understand how him or his agent would expect Comrie to be paid significantly higher than any of Gaborik, Richards or Havlat.

My guess is that journalists are just taking Comrie's salary from last year which was between 4-4.5 Million and using that as their number that Comrie is demanding. Comrie I can see reasonably demanding something averaging around 2 million over the next couple of years. I think the money thing is getting blown way out of proportion by the media.
It's not necessarily 4 million in BASE salary, it is including bonuses. He wanted a similiar deal like the one that he signed earlier, which gave him roughly the same amount in bonuses from his rookie deal. Those people you mentioned probably can seek wages higher than 4 million due to these bonuses.

That was my understanding of the situation.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

If Comrie and Winter are dumb enough to hold out, its entirely possible that they are dumb enough to ask for $4 mil a year.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I think one place he could easily sign with is the Ducks.

Disney is committed to raise payroll so they can win and the team be sold, but anyway, Comrie could be signed for this year, when their payroll is way up, at a contract like his old one, about 1 mil for this year, and then get more money, around the 3-4 million mark, for the next year, when their payroll goes down by $8 million (Fedorov and Prospal).

Old
11-06-2003, 03:59 PM
AEKaki

any link?

Old
11-07-2003, 03:54 AM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
You have to wonder after rumors of atlanta and buffalo offering 'spare-parts' like stefan or connolly, what comries trade value is right now (salary demands aside). It looks like lowe is trying to bend another team over in a trade, which doesn't make sense since he is the one in the compromising situation.

Lowe is holding out, imo, for great value in a comrie trade. He may get it or he may not. Trade deadline looks like the best time to move him.

Closed Thread