HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

to make new out of old

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 12:39 AM
The n00b King *

vCash: 500
to make new out of old

okay, this is relative to the Iginla thing. I dont know if any of u remember, but not too long ago there was this little thing that got around. Stephane Richer had pubicly declared that he wanted to come back to play hockey, and he wanted to come back with the habs. Ya i know he's a puck munger too, but do you think he could be worth having back on the lineup again? I mean, ya the guy hasnt played in years, and he's prolly rusty, and he's another veteran. But maybe he can do something, hell he was one of the last guys to score 50+ goals for us...

Old
11-05-2003, 03:33 AM
Habber

That's great idea. Might as well make an all veteran line. I'm sure Gainey will play centre, and we can get Lafleur to play the other wing.

Old
11-05-2003, 03:38 AM
Darz

The guy is like 8 years removed from his last 20 goal season, and 37 years old.
Even if he could come back and be some what useful, I think he would just complicate things.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:04 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
That's great idea. Might as well make an all veteran line. I'm sure Gainey will play centre, and we can get Lafleur to play the other wing.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Capitano

Stephane could always skate and he had good hands as well as good size. If he played for free I would consider it.

Cap

Old
11-05-2003, 11:11 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
okay, this is relative to the Iginla thing. I dont know if any of u remember, but not too long ago there was this little thing that got around. Stephane Richer had pubicly declared that he wanted to come back to play hockey, and he wanted to come back with the habs. Ya i know he's a puck munger too, but do you think he could be worth having back on the lineup again? I mean, ya the guy hasnt played in years, and he's prolly rusty, and he's another veteran. But maybe he can do something, hell he was one of the last guys to score 50+ goals for us...
I believe your joking are you ???

Are you?

Old
11-05-2003, 01:22 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
I believe your joking are you ???

Are you?

man, at this point, what ISNT a joke? hell, if he played for free, or almost for free, i dont see why we wouldnt give him a chance...to tell you the truth, we (habs fan) are really tough on our team. and u know what? i think that's better that way. that shows that we have interest, that we care. hell, look at teams like anaheim. remember during the playoffs? well they still had a ton of empty seats there...do u think it would EVER be like this here if we made this far..dont think so. i read this article with Patrick Roy, where he said that the reason he left Montreal (aside from the obvious one) was that the management had started saying that it was OKAY to lose once in a while. that's what he used to love about montreal, where it you werent allowed to lose, and that's what made the team so good. because every night the player HAD to give it all, losing was not an option....that's what we need again. discipline. i think Gainer will bring that kind of thing, not necessarely right away, but with time, it will be felt.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:59 AM
Highlander

Errr....No. We have enough underachieving vets already. Remember: we are in a rebuilding mode. Let the kids play. At least if we loose they are gaining experience.

Old
11-06-2003, 08:27 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
man, at this point, what ISNT a joke? hell, if he played for free, or almost for free, i dont see why we wouldnt give him a chance...to tell you the truth, we (habs fan) are really tough on our team. and u know what? i think that's better that way. that shows that we have interest, that we care. hell, look at teams like anaheim. remember during the playoffs? well they still had a ton of empty seats there...do u think it would EVER be like this here if we made this far..dont think so. i read this article with Patrick Roy, where he said that the reason he left Montreal (aside from the obvious one) was that the management had started saying that it was OKAY to lose once in a while. that's what he used to love about montreal, where it you werent allowed to lose, and that's what made the team so good. because every night the player HAD to give it all, losing was not an option....that's what we need again. discipline. i think Gainer will bring that kind of thing, not necessarely right away, but with time, it will be felt.
I kinda see your point and where you want to go to. But I can't see anywhere the relationship between Stephane Richer and what you said. I am not being an ******* for once, I just don't see it. Sorry

Old
11-06-2003, 10:53 AM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
I kinda see your point and where you want to go to. But I can't see anywhere the relationship between Stephane Richer and what you said. I am not being an ******* for once, I just don't see it. Sorry
ya i know, i trailed off cuz that was sorta connexe to something i was thinking. but still, i said it cuz it makes sense. it makes sense (thank you) because think about businesses, is okay to lose clients to a competitor? of course not. same thing applyes to hockey. it's not okay to lose to another team. that's what competition is, u cant lose, well u can, but if u do, u better have a damn good reason, like "ya okay, we let them win this time, but it was only to destroy them next game"

Closed Thread