HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bulis Still an UFA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
  #1
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Bulis Still an UFA

Is anyone else suprised that Bulis is still not signed by someone? In fact, I haven't heard any rumors about him this offseason.

I wonder if he's asking too much or the fact that he wants to be on the top 2 lines.

He has excellent speed, good size and good effort. His stone hands and puck handling skills are what bring him down to a third line guy...I just wish he would realize that.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 11:15 PM
  #2
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Nope, not surprised.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 11:17 PM
  #3
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Welcome back to reality Bulis.

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
  #4
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,587
vCash: 500
He`s sooo signing with the Leafs. In fact he HAS to.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 11:19 PM
  #5
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
He`s sooo signing with the Leafs. In fact he HAS to.
He should sign with the Hens. He'd fit right in with this ballerina club.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 11:22 PM
  #6
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,200
vCash: 500
I think his biggest flaw is the fact that he shies away from paying the price when it comes to getting the puck out of the corners. He has no problems laying the hit if the other guy is near the boards first. But if he 's skating to be there first - and he often can be because of his speed - and he gets the whiff of an opposing player barreling down, he'll hesitate to avoid being hit and paying the price for getting the puck. I think this is why Gainey didn't seem to like him much.

Also, compared to before, his defensive play was pretty bad last season. Notice how the PK started to perform better once he got taken off of it?

Otherwise, great speed and gets a ton of scoring chances. I quite enjoyed his 4 goal game against Philly last year. He should be able to land a decent contract somewhere.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 11:34 PM
  #7
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
I think his biggest flaw is the fact that he shies away from paying the price when it comes to getting the puck out of the corners. He has no problems laying the hit if the other guy is near the boards first. But if he 's skating to be there first - and he often can be because of his speed - and he gets the whiff of an opposing player barreling down, he'll hesitate to avoid being hit and paying the price for getting the puck. I think this is why Gainey didn't seem to like him much.

Also, compared to before, his defensive play was pretty bad last season. Notice how the PK started to perform better once he got taken off of it?

Otherwise, great speed and gets a ton of scoring chances. I quite enjoyed his 4 goal game against Philly last year. He should be able to land a decent contract somewhere.
Yeah out of any team, I half expected Philly to try him out. Oh well.

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:56 AM
  #8
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,629
vCash: 500
A couple of weeks ago, eliteprospects.com where rumouring that he will sign in Sweden

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:57 AM
  #9
imnothere
Registered User
 
imnothere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
I don't understand why, I would pay 4 millions for a top 6 winger like him

imnothere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 02:01 AM
  #10
Habsfan 32
Registered User
 
Habsfan 32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way up north...
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I think he's asking for too much money and no one wants anything to do with him at that price.

Habsfan 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 03:26 AM
  #11
BeginPower
Registered User
 
BeginPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: United Nations
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
He will finish in Chicago, Tallon seems desesperated

BeginPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:42 AM
  #12
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Back to Washington is my bet ... not much top 6 competition there.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:22 AM
  #13
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I'd so laugh if he ended up crawling back to Montreal for a small contract...

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:17 AM
  #14
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,400
vCash: 500
I thought I heard a rumor last week that said Colorado had some interest in Bulis.

Remember, just because a guy hasn't signed yet, doesn't mean teams aren't interested or offers aren't being made.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:12 AM
  #15
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Well, well, well....my friend Bulis is stil available!!!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM
  #16
saskhab
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I thought I heard a rumor last week that said Colorado had some interest in Bulis.

Remember, just because a guy hasn't signed yet, doesn't mean teams aren't interested or offers aren't being made.
Yep. Sometimes it's as simple as a player being on vacation and making his decision when he looks at the offers with his family at home.

Bulis will get a NHL job, no doubt about it.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:18 AM
  #17
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Samsonov and Shanahan are still UFA's too. Bulis will sign somewhere, but with McCauley and Halpern signing for about 2M$ each, I expect Bulis to sign a contract similar to what Bouillon got.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:35 AM
  #18
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Detroit is debatting if they should sign Shanahan or Bulis for their top lines.

(I am kidding, on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him as a filler - which he didn't want to be)

Washington, Chicago and some other teams don't have much upfront... so I think he will sign ... but not for big money.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:45 PM
  #19
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Is anyone else suprised that Bulis is still not signed by someone? In fact, I haven't heard any rumors about him this offseason.

I wonder if he's asking too much or the fact that he wants to be on the top 2 lines.

He has excellent speed, good size and good effort. His stone hands and puck handling skills are what bring him down to a third line guy...I just wish he would realize that.
I'm surprised that the Wild didn't try for him...I think he'd be great on the same line as Gaborik...they definitely need some more offense which Bulis could provide. Even St-Louis could use him, and with their D corps, they have grit to spare which would be good for Bulis.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
  #20
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I'm surprised that the Wild didn't try for him...I think he'd be great on the same line as Gaborik...they definitely need some more offense which Bulis could provide. Even St-Louis could use him, and with their D corps, they have grit to spare which would be good for Bulis.
St. Louis already has a Bulis, and one that is somewhat better IMO, in Orszagh.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
  #21
Makarov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Belarus
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
St. Louis already has a Bulis, and one that is somewhat better IMO, in Orszagh.
Why is Shanahan stil out there...MONEY, I bet, those ridicuous $5M + demands...

I think its the same with Jan Bulis; there undoubtedly a lot of interesting, the guy did score 20 goals while playing a 3rd line checking role, but if he wants anything more than what MaCauley got he'll have to wait or give in...

COLARADO gets him eventually for under $2M per season...

Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:09 PM
  #22
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 50
If he could just accept a 3rd line role and play like he can play everynight, I really would of loved to keep him...

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:08 AM
  #23
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,332
vCash: 500
Bulis, Hrdina, Petrovicky, Dvorak, Perreault, Kvasha... there seems to be a number of that kind of fallback type UFA who teams weren't willing to sign to significant money, and who will now have to settle for just getting a job. Looks like.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.