HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumor: Guerin to be Bought-Out?

Old
06-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12
Rightfully so, but after Watching many Stars game down here in Dallas, you tend to see just how Guerin is a negative impact in the Organization. The past season was played Half-A** by him and cancer was the incorrect word for what i was trying to say. Ofcourse the contract is something of which will be hung over his head, but his lack of motivation on the ice isn't worth that 7 mill. So what does that really show towards these players whom do have a great career, cash in, and then crash afterwards. Yashin is a Prime example. I'll give it to Guerin, it was probably his "Off" season, but the Stars need to get that Lack luster of a player out of the Lockeroom and off their ice.
I completely agree

If Guerin doesn't score goals then he is totally useless as he is not that good defensively and he's certainly not a playmaker.

I for one was very surprised at his sub par season.I thought that he would get 35 + at the start of the season and i even took him in my pool.......

I dunno if the Stars shoulf buy him out but it would be retarded to buy him simply to resign him for 1 year after that.Make absolutely no sense to me and it's a lose - lose situation for the Stars.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 06:03 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Wouldn't waiving him be as effective? Even if he is picked up on re-entry waiver you pay only 50% instead of 66% of his salary and negate his NTC (wich I assume he has since he has a list of teams). The cap hit would be higher though maybe that could be a problem but I don't know what Dallas' cap situation is like.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Wouldn't waiving him be as effective? Even if he is picked up on re-entry waiver you pay only 50% instead of 66% of his salary and negate his NTC (wich I assume he has since he has a list of teams). The cap hit would be higher though maybe that could be a problem but I don't know what Dallas' cap situation is like.
there's no re-entry waiver for Guerin

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 06:13 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy
I stand corrected. They might as well keep him and get something for him at the trade dealine. Or package him with a pick ala JR.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 08:44 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
I stand corrected. They might as well keep him and get something for him at the trade dealine. Or package him with a pick ala JR.
No. Your original post was correct. Unless Walzy has a good explanation why Article 50.9(g) of the CBA doesn't apply here - I know of none.

If Guerin were waived, cleared waivers and sent down to the AHL, and then called up again, he WOULD be subject to Re-Entry waivers and could be claimed by any team with the Stars still responsible for 1/2 his remaining salary and cap hit.

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 09:41 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
No. Your original post was correct. Unless Walzy has a good explanation why Article 50.9(g) of the CBA doesn't apply here - I know of none.

If Guerin were waived, cleared waivers and sent down to the AHL, and then called up again, he WOULD be subject to Re-Entry waivers and could be claimed by any team with the Stars still responsible for 1/2 his remaining salary and cap hit.
Guerin at 3.35 million with the fact he would be a UFA next summer might be a good pickup. Don't think the Stars would do it though. St Louis would be stupid not to pick him up since they need to spend cash to go over cap as well as the fact he would be great trade bait come trade deadline time.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 11:50 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
yes please fire Tippett so the Kings can rehire him as our pp coach.
Ok. He apparently left his powerplay genius mind at the staples center anyway.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2006, 04:15 AM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Attack
4th pick? You deserve to finish last.
He had tons of shots (which counted in this draft), good number of goals, and lots of PIM (also counted) in all previous years.

And...it was my first draft.

BTW, I finished 2nd (after dropping the bum!)

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2006, 04:16 AM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Ouch man...hope you learned your lesson
Definitely! I had lots of lessons to learn (1st draft, like I mentioned above)

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209

ok, ....wasn't confirm with that "not more than 80 games over the last 2 seasons"- clause for players with over 320 pro games and more than 75.000

sorry

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perogieboy
What happened to him this year? I wasted my fourth pick in our fantasy draft on that bum.
He hasn't been the same player since his "bloody leg" injury. He's lost a step and is nowhere near the speed threat he once was.

Troy McClure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2006, 10:13 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
From the Dallas Morning News and Spectors Trade Rumors.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...e.86ee5530.html

Seems as if the Stars might take a stab at finally letting another Cancer go on the team. It would be a smart move by Armstrong if he does infact do this, as he can use that money towards a Key UFA. If they plan not to Buy him out, then they can get something of minimal value in a trade. Guerin put in a list of 12 teams that he would go to, so does this mean he eventually sees this happening?
but it would caunt against the cap==don't see that happening

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:11 AM
burgess1978

The Devils will trade you Malakhov and Mogilny for him. At least he's playing.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:31 AM
streakie

Send a message via Yahoo to streakie
Quote:
Rightfully so, but after Watching many Stars game down here in Dallas, you tend to see just how Guerin is a negative impact in the Organization. The past season was played Half-A** by him and cancer was the incorrect word for what i was trying to say. Ofcourse the contract is something of which will be hung over his head, but his lack of motivation on the ice isn't worth that 7 mill. So what does that really show towards these players whom do have a great career, cash in, and then crash afterwards. Yashin is a Prime example. I'll give it to Guerin, it was probably his "Off" season, but the Stars need to get that Lack luster of a player out of the Lockeroom and off their ice.
No Cancer is the right word, since that is what his father was suffering from for most of the season. Guerin is not a favorite player of mine, so I am not just making excuses but my father is dying from cancer and I can tell you how distracting it can be on your everyday life and espically on the job. He actually started playing better after his dad went into remission and then bam he got that eye injury.

I don't know how anyone can say a player is locker room cancer if they are not in the locker room, and if he was so bad then why on earth would he be given a leadership role on the team?

streakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 02:46 AM
RTWAP*

Original article linked here.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 03:00 AM
Cerebral

I will get smacked by every Oilers fan on this board but I would love to see Guerin back on the Oilers if he came with a cheaper price tag. He would look fantastic on Edmonton's 2nd line if he could regain some of his lost scoring touch. Heck, if they somehow managed to keep Samsonov around:

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Samsonov-Stoll-Guerin

Now that's a top 6...

Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 09:02 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I will get smacked by every Oilers fan on this board but I would love to see Guerin back on the Oilers if he came with a cheaper price tag. He would look fantastic on Edmonton's 2nd line if he could regain some of his lost scoring touch. Heck, if they somehow managed to keep Samsonov around:

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Samsonov-Stoll-Guerin

Now that's a top 6...
... or Smyth-Weight-Guerin

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Starsdude

Guerin never got along on the ice or off with Modano . At times the Guerin _arnott-Morrow line was excellent but once Guerin got pulled off that line he was awful. Tippet was too quick to break it up. Next year, Erikkson should be a top 6 forward but questions remain who the #2 center will be. He will likely be a vet that will take a short contract for about 2-3 mill (weight, stillman, Allison) unless they feel Jokinin can move to center which I don't. Dallas needs at least one top 6 forward to replace Arnott likely acenter. Erikson will be RW.

Jokinin-Modano-Lets
Morrow-?-Erikkson

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote