HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/minn Trade Prosposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 01:37 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Edm/minn Trade Prosposal

I know I'm going to get killed for this because I really don't know the trade value of Chimera, it's an interconference trade, and because it's one of those quality for quanity deals but I just thought what the hell.

TO MINN:
Jason Chimera

TO EDM:
Dan Cavanaugh
Chris Dyment
4th Round Pick/Brad Brown/Brad Bombardir

REASON:
Jason plays left wing or center and is a good solid player with great speed. Minnesota loves speed and could use a younger player on the wing or center with that kind of speed on their 3rd line or 4th line. With Wes Walz, Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Marian Gaborik, and their blazing speed, Chimera would do well here. Minnesota uses their speed to their advantage.

Minnesota gives up Dan Cavanaugh, a shut-down center who needs a change of scenary and could replace Chimera at center on their 3rd/4th line, though he isn't as fast. They also get Dyment who still has somewhat of an upside but could be an AHLer for life but could end being a decent offensive-defensemen. It's hard to tell at the moment on where Dyment is going in his life. They also either get a draft pick or a depth defensemen for this year to round out there defense and gives them either a physical defensemen or a leader.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:00 PM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
it doesn't do anything for edmonton, it just piles on the average players..

come up with something around schultz or mitchell maybe.. but it has to be something that goes to making the organization better..

it's like offering peter sarno, scott ferguson and a 3rd for pascal dupuis or brent burns

it just doesn't help minny

Old
11-08-2003, 04:35 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
If Mitchell or Schultz was in the deal you would see Semenov come back or someone. I didn't think Chimera had much value but I guess I was wrong.

Closed Thread