Notices

connolly and afinogenov?

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
the future

vCash: 500
connolly and afinogenov?

these guys are mired in lindy ruff's doghouse. iv'e liked maxim ever since the world juniors. he's a guy who can create offense off the rush while terrific speed and puck handling. connolly has all the tools to be a dynamic offensive player but hasn't consistently put forth the necessary effort the coach would like. i know we can get into the "type of player" sutter likes, but i think these guys would really help with the offense and could blossom given the right opportunity. my deal:

buf: gauthier, clark,3rd

cal: connolly, afinogenov

lines:

reinprecht/connolly/iginla
kobasew/conroy/afinogenov
gelinas/betts/mcammond
donovan/yelle/oliwa

trade saprykin for a goalie

i know connolly is on the number line . let's get this kids head in the game and see what offensive wizardry he can pull with iggy and rhino

Old
11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Torch

They're both in the dog house for good reason. Afinogenov is not at all the type of player that would fit in well with the style of game Sutter wants. Conolly could still have some upside, but he has a ways to go. I would trade Clark for him though.

Old
11-06-2003, 08:18 PM
kruezer

I'd be all for Connolly personally, the guy has scored 40 points and has offensive potential that could be very well reached this year.

What to trade for him would be my only question. I'd trade Saprykin. That trade could work out well for both teams....and seems fairly even to me, maybe a late pick on one side or the other.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:27 AM
Badger Bob

Connolly's a puffball. Envision a younger Marc Savard (boy band CDs & all), but without the agitator training from Essa Tikkanen.

Old
11-07-2003, 05:33 AM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Connolly's a puffball. Envision a younger Marc Savard (boy band CDs & all), but without the agitator training from Essa Tikkanen.

Comparison to Savard is apt. Savard is an 80 pt first line forward now and Connolly has the same potential. Clark and Gauthier should not be enough to get Connolly alone.
Connolly may be a hot dog but he doesn't deserve to be stuck on a Sutter team. It would like a living death for a creative player.
Playing on Buffalo is bad enough.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:26 AM
Zhackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II
Comparison to Savard is apt. Savard is an 80 pt first line forward now and Connolly has the same potential. Clark and Gauthier should not be enough to get Connolly alone.
Connolly may be a hot dog but he doesn't deserve to be stuck on a Sutter team. It would like a living death for a creative player.
Playing on Buffalo is bad enough.

Guys like Connolly and Savard need to be traded a few times in order to get their heads out of their *****. They tend to be prima donnas early on thinking they are the best players hockey has ever seen. Finally after a few trades and a few more years of maturity do they see they actually have to work at it.

Old
11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Badger Bob

Connolly's out with a concussion from a blow delivered by...Scott Nichol. That should tell you everything you need to know about his lack of toughness.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:23 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Connolly's out with a concussion from a blow delivered by...Scott Nichol. That should tell you everything you need to know about his lack of toughness.
Seriously, I am sure Connolly sounds tempting but I would be wary of guys with head problems at such a young age. Upside would be Jason Allison of 3 years ago. Downside would be Jason Allison currently. There has to be a better option for the Flames. In watching some of their games, it looks like they need a playmaking center more than anything else.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
Seriously, I am sure Connolly sounds tempting but I would be wary of guys with head problems at such a young age. Upside would be Jason Allison of 3 years ago. Downside would be Jason Allison currently. There has to be a better option for the Flames. In watching some of their games, it looks like they need a playmaking center more than anything else.
I'm sorry.

Your avatar is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too funny.

Closed Thread