HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Draft Party?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2006, 11:10 PM
  #1
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,923
vCash: 500
No Draft Party?

The Rangers aren't holding a draft party this year or did I miss something? Last year I could understand why they didn't have enough time to throw something together but if they aren't holding on this year (which as I can see...they are not) i'll be pretty pissed. Isles and Devils have one for crying out loud.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 12:24 AM
  #2
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,813
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The Rangers aren't holding a draft party this year or did I miss something? Last year I could understand why they didn't have enough time to throw something together but if they aren't holding on this year (which as I can see...they are not) i'll be pretty pissed. Isles and Devils have one for crying out loud.
I think this is a sign that they're trading out of the 1st round.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 12:28 AM
  #3
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
I need to not freak out about the draft this year. I was so psyched for the lottery drawing last year as I was convinced the conspiracy theories were true and that Sid the Kid would be coming to Broadway. I was so unbelievably disappointed when the Rangers name was unveiled at #15 that I went out and got profoundly hammered and kicked out of the most laid back bar you will ever encounter. It was then that I realized that I might be taking my Ranger fandom too far.

And to think, we got Marc Staal anyway. I'm an idiot.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 12:50 AM
  #4
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
16th Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
I need to not freak out about the draft this year. I was so psyched for the lottery drawing last year as I was convinced the conspiracy theories were true and that Sid the Kid would be coming to Broadway. I was so unbelievably disappointed when the Rangers name was unveiled at #15 that I went out and got profoundly hammered and kicked out of the most laid back bar you will ever encounter. It was then that I realized that I might be taking my Ranger fandom too far.

And to think, we got Marc Staal anyway. I'm an idiot.
Whew...good thing you didn't notice that the Rangers actually drew the 16th pick, and not the 15th. You may of set cars ablaze.

At least Marc Staal was a gem in an otherwise craptacular way of determing the draft slots. While the multi-ball system was a start, there is no way a Rangers team which was so bad, for so long should of picked out of the top 10. And then the freaking "snaking" picks in each round. But with a pick smack dab in the middle of the first round, we didn't see any positive effects from that either.

I almost don't mind picking 21st this year (top 3 would be nice though). I found the Montoya and Jessiman drafts to be the most stressing entry drafts I remember (even more than Cloutier getting walked out). When you pick that high, there is so much emphasis on grabbing the right guy. But at the 21 hole, the pressure is gone in my eyes and you get the best kid you can.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 12:53 AM
  #5
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
Party

And if MSG doesn't hold a draft party, all are welcome at my house.

A few kegs of Brooklyn Lager and a massive supply of sedatives for when we select a goalie in the 1st Round.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 07:11 AM
  #6
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber
And if MSG doesn't hold a draft party, all are welcome at my house.

A few kegs of Brooklyn Lager and a massive supply of sedatives for when we select a goalie in the 1st Round.
You're killin' me. You're ******* killin' me!

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 07:33 AM
  #7
TheRedressor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,734
vCash: 500
I was really hopping that they would have a draft party this year. I wonder what the garden has on their schedule for that day.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 07:42 AM
  #8
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Maybe another circus is in town?

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
  #9
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber
And if MSG doesn't hold a draft party, all are welcome at my house.

A few kegs of Brooklyn Lager and a massive supply of sedatives for when we select a goalie in the 1st Round.
See what happens when we trade Montoya for the #3 overall then pick Billy Sauer so he can play with his brother.


DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 11:06 AM
  #10
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,813
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
See what happens when we trade Montoya for the #3 overall then pick Billy Sauer so he can play with his brother.


Billy Sauer and Michael Sauer are not related

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 04:08 PM
  #11
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
You're killin' me. You're ******* killin' me!
If that's the BPA than the Rangers should draft him...

This isn't the NFL these guys aren't going to be Rangers for 3 or 4 years.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2006, 04:38 PM
  #12
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,418
vCash: 500
i would very much like the pressure of picking in the top 3!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 04:35 AM
  #13
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
By the way for those who don't know, the draft is being shown on OLN Sat. 24th at 6:00pm

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 09:03 AM
  #14
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby
By the way for those who don't know, the draft is being shown on OLN Sat. 24th at 6:00pm
holy crap already?.. i had NO IDEA

thanks!

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 09:10 AM
  #15
Dartmouth 02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
and if anyone in NYC is interested, a bunch of people will be watching it at flight 151 in chelsea.

Dartmouth 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 09:15 AM
  #16
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,259
vCash: 500
John Davidson hosted a few of the draft parties.He is waiting for Dave Checketts to close on the sale of the Blues

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 09:27 AM
  #17
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
If that's the BPA than the Rangers should draft him...

This isn't the NFL these guys aren't going to be Rangers for 3 or 4 years.
At some point you have to deviate from that plan...


Last edited by Shadowtron: 06-21-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 09:45 AM
  #18
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
SoS...

the BPA debate has been beat to death, but I wanted to say one thing: if the person below the BPA is not significantly off in regards to ranking, and he's a forward or a defenseman while the BPA is a goalie, then I go with the forward or defenseman. I don't know how these guys are scored, but let's say it's on a 100 scale. Let's say the BPA, a goalie, is a 94.7. Let's say that there is a Offensive Defenseman, with size and skill, at 94.0, and that second round guys are in the low to mid-80s, then I'd go with the centerman, viewing it as not really signicantly better and thus drafting where there may be more of a need.

I don't disagree with BPA, but it can be modified a bit to suit a team's needs too.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
  #19
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,326
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
the BPA debate has been beat to death, but I wanted to say one thing: if the person below the BPA is not significantly off in regards to ranking, and he's a forward or a defenseman while the BPA is a goalie, then I go with the forward or defenseman. I don't know how these guys are scored, but let's say it's on a 100 scale. Let's say the BPA, a goalie, is a 94.7. Let's say that there is a Offensive Defenseman, with size and skill, at 94.0, and that second round guys are in the low to mid-80s, then I'd go with the centerman, viewing it as not really signicantly better and thus drafting where there may be more of a need.

I don't disagree with BPA, but it can be modified a bit to suit a team's needs too.
I agree. You play 12 forwards and 6 defensemen. You only play one goalie/

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 10:53 AM
  #20
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
There is no live draft coverage this year?

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 11:00 AM
  #21
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger
There is no live draft coverage this year?
OLN, 6 PM.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 11:00 AM
  #22
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Maybe another circus is in town?
The Knicks don't play until November.

Broadway Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 11:19 AM
  #23
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
When I saw 6PM...

I didn't know if it was live or not...I'm used to 12PM starts for the draft.

Seems that the Stanley Cup Finals ended about a week late, as the draft has come up very fast upon us.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 11:23 AM
  #24
bathgate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I didn't know if it was live or not...I'm used to 12PM starts for the draft.

Seems that the Stanley Cup Finals ended about a week late, as the draft has come up very fast upon us.
The draft will televised live from VaNcouver. According to NHL media people, it is an experiment to telecast part of the draft in prime time, just like the N.B.A.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
  #25
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
how is OLN 6 PM live?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.